napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Sick and tired

bluebuddy84

When do you stop working out if you catch a flu or cold. I feel horrible my thought is swollen but I don't want to miss a workout. What's the best way to know if you should just stay home?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Personally I take the day off if I feel like garbage. Completely up to you though. I just assume get better and rest instead of having a terrible workout.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

Look. We all like to not miss a work out. But taking a day off because you dont feel good is not a problem. What matters most with this shit is that you stay consistent. And if you do that, missing a day here or there for a good reason will have no effect on you weekly/monthly/yearly results.

When do you stop working out if you catch a flu or cold. I feel horrible my thought is swollen but I don't want to miss a workout. What's the best way to know if you should just stay home?

You stop working out when you get sick or a flu for multiple reasons. First reason would be because you cannot build any muscle while sick, as your body is focused on fighting any invaders and uses its energy for this purpose, as a matter of fact you would probably lose gains doing this. Another good reason is that the sooner you get over your illness the sooner you can get back to building gains. Another good reason is dont be that guy at the gym getting everyone else sick, not kool.. theres a few more reasons im sure, but these should be more than enough to realize that your should regain your health before even considering working out

Take the rest day, drink extra fluids, try your best to get nutrient dense food in, and recover. No use in going in and suppressing your immune system more!

If you miss even one day, youll lose ALL YOUR GAINZ! ARE YOU CRAZZZYYY!?!?!

But seriously...I was ill with the flu a few weeks back. Its going around. Stay home, rest. Wear yourself out at the gym, and youll feel like shit longer.
Besides...ya prolly got it from the gym. Dont spread it around.

Or one can get worse off and get hospitalized.
My whole body was cramping up.
I dehydrated so bad from fever once I had to get a few bags of iv fluids and AB's.
That sucked.

I'm sick as dick right now. But trying carry on. Not going gym but making the effort to be extra mobile and get extra workouts in at home. Nothing major.

Flu Dude? I had the shits, nauseous and just plain frickin ick feeling. Sucked for days.
Ms.G was pukin' (not hot)

Someone should Poll who is, starting too...and getting over being sick.

Sometimes it has surprized me. Maybe I needed more rest.But I stay home sick and miss two workouts and when I get back to it there are personal bests.

I hate when people come around when they are sick.. Makes me want to pistol whip them. When I'm sick it F's up everything.

"I ain't got time to bleed"

yeah its definitely better to take the day off if you are sick. i know its a mental thing BUT taking one day off will not hinder progress in any way. in fact, most cases it seems taking a day or two off actually helps progress. it is just the mental factor of NOT going to gym that we need to overcome..

besides trying the standard vitamin C , plenty of water, and rest. try to boil some ginseng root and drink it. you can also try to get some Lemon herbal Tea and have some ginseng in it. Ginseng is old school chinese medicine.

I hate when people come around when they are sick.. Makes me want to pistol whip them. When I'm sick it F's up everything.

"I ain't got time to bleed"

I am called germaphobe, but really it is just courtesy. Do not visit me when you are running around with Sars and herpasyphalitis. LOL

I got a really sore through and my body is sore, I am able to eat no problem. Stomach is fine but my head aches and I'm fatigued. I will definitely rest up and get better

I got a really sore through and my body is sore, I am able to eat no problem. Stomach is fine but my head aches and I'm fatigued. I will definitely rest up and get better

ok if your body is sore you definitely need rest. thats a sign of being wore down (probably immune system fighting sickness). i remember when i got food poisoning, my whole body was sore, literally my WHOLE body. could barely get out of bed.

try the lemon tea with boiled ginseng root and a touch of honey. also gargle with salt water and try a hot bath with bath salts before bed.

ok if your body is sore you definitely need rest. thats a sign of being wore down (probably immune system fighting sickness). i remember when i got food poisoning, my whole body was sore, literally my WHOLE body. could barely get out of bed.

try the lemon tea with boiled ginseng root and a touch of honey. also gargle with salt water and try a hot bath with bath salts before bed.
I'll check that out. Thanks

Top Bottom