napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Self medicating trt

JerryS

How many here self medicate your trt therapy. I originally started with a Dr. who only Knew how to write a script, but didn't prescribe ai's,. Then I went through an anti-aging clinic, which sends everything that is needed to your front door, but is very expensive. Obviously self medicating is much cheaper and with trusted sources here, wouldn't have to worry about getting bunk test or aromasin. Is there any drawbacks at all to self medicating? Lastly, I did speak to another DR. recently willing to prescribe and when I asked him about ai's he looked at me like I had three eyes, pretty scary.

I self medicate TRT. I started with a Dr and had to move and where I'm at there's not a lot of Dr's that know what they're doing tbh.

I do my own trt...well I have for the last couple of years. My doctor doesn't have a clue and I don't have anyone specifically doing anti-aging or mens health where I live. The only thing I recommend is keep pct stuff and plenty of a.i.s in case you get in a situation where you get fucked by your source. The source I'm referring to isn't one of the sponsors on here
anymore so it shouldn't be too big of a concern but always should be on your mind nevertheless. Just get your bloods done fairly often and stay on top of everything and you'll be fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I just went through a bunch of shit with a trt clinic and myself was thinking of self trt as well. It is a pain in the ass to get a script for trt and I have no insurance.

I started with my doc I always see and he was honest enough to admit he wasn't the most knowledgeable in this topic. He referred me to an endo who is fkn awesome. Unfortunately my insurance has changed their guidelines for what they consider low. I was just inside their "low normal". So my shitty insurance wouldn't approve the trt. My endo then wrote me a script and gave me coupons but I didn't bother. I told him I decided to get it myself and administer myself. He is now consulting with me via email on results of my private labs bloods and assessing "off the record" and giving advice on dialing in the proper dosage to achieve "normal".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started with my doc I always see and he was honest enough to admit he wasn't the most knowledgeable in this topic. He referred me to an endo who is fkn awesome. Unfortunately my insurance has changed their guidelines for what they consider low. I was just inside their "low normal". So my shitty insurance wouldn't approve the trt. My endo then wrote me a script and gave me coupons but I didn't bother. I told him I decided to get it myself and administer myself. He is now consulting with me via email on results of my private labs bloods and assessing "off the record" and giving advice on dialing in the proper dosage to achieve "normal".

Thats pretty generous of him to work with off record to help. Sounds like you found a decent doc.

Thats pretty generous of him to work with off record to help. Sounds like you found a decent doc.

He does want an in office visit every six months.

He initially was pretty harsh, really questioning me on previous AAS use, which there was none of.

After his office checking bloods/thyroid etc. he said I was definitely a trt case, and once I got rejected by My insurance he's been in my corner. He said I could come off trt and be super low, and submit new bloods to insurance and go from there "on the record". But any on the record interaction right now could jeopardize approval in the future if I wanted to go that route.

Side note-another guy at my gym and I are convinced he's not natty at all. Not saying a guy can't be fit and natty, but he's kinda too jacked for his age.

I do my own now. Got a script at first but my doc and I couldn't see eye to eye on dosage. I wanted to be in upper normal range. Also he wanted to do biweekly I jections and only at his office. I wasn't paying an office visit to get injected and sure as fuck wasn't going 14 days between injections

Theu said the same shit at thw clinic I went to! I don't want nothing to do with that roller coaster ride!

I do my own now. Got a script at first but my doc and I couldn't see eye to eye on dosage. I wanted to be in upper normal range. Also he wanted to do biweekly I jections and only at his office. I wasn't paying an office visit to get injected and sure as fuck wasn't going 14 days between injections
Long time no see bro. My doctor did the same thing. He wanted to charge for bi-weekly visits for a shot that still didn't get me into normal range for my age. It was such a joke! Not to mention my insurance wouldn't pay for it because of my age and would only pay for bloods twice a year. It's cheaper and easier to diy and just pay a reputable company for bloodwork out of pocket. Testosterone is a luxury for men this day in age....which is sad.

I do my own trt...well I have for the last couple of years. My doctor doesn't have a clue and I don't have anyone specifically doing anti-aging or mens health where I live. The only thing I recommend is keep pct stuff and plenty of a.i.s in case you get in a situation where you get fucked by your source. The source I'm referring to isn't one of the sponsors on here
anymore so it shouldn't be too big of a concern but always should be on your mind nevertheless. Just get your bloods done fairly often and stay on top of everything and you'll be fine.

That was really my only concern deathbyduck87, you can't be 100% sure 100% of the time. The doctors I dealt with didn't have a clue either! Which means there's probably a lot of men underdosed or dealing with high estrogen levels. Anyway, thanks for your answer, I haven't heard a reason not to do my own trt.

Top Bottom