napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Salt water Aquariums

No. But i think it is very cool. And you have to be somewhat smart to manage these. So kudos to you. And id love to see pics

Re: RE: Salt water Aquariums

PAYRION said:
Im gonna show the nerdy side of myself....Anyone else keep corals or salt water aquariums?
I do... I'll post a pic of the tank I had... I just recently sold it because of a move but I'm going to get another soon

[attachment=0:eek:1ins82w]20141227_113250.jpg[/attachment:eek:1ins82w]

here is a quick pic of the 60gal..3 fish..2 clowns and a coral beauty..and several sps/lps/spft corals...

Attachments

• 20141227_113250.jpg
    20141227_113250.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 731
I wouldnt say one has to be somewhat smart...It took a ton of trial and error and just plain old patience....

Re: RE: Salt water Aquariums

cbbram said:
PAYRION said:
Im gonna show the nerdy side of myself....Anyone else keep corals or salt water aquariums?
I do... I'll post a pic of the tank I had... I just recently sold it because of a move but I'm going to get another soon
Please do..I love it...I am getting ready to tear down a small 5 gal we had too...I have a bristle worm in there that is a GIANT....Im going to dip the rocks as I tear it down tonight..Ill get a pic of it If i can....I was taking a rock out by hand and the fucker got me..It hurt like a bitch...

Re: RE: Re: Salt water Aquariums

PAYRION said:
I wouldnt say one has to be somewhat smart...It took a ton of trial and error and just plain old patience....
Kinda like running a cycle... Little this... Little that... Lol

PAYRION said:
[attachment=0:6sn72szu]20141227_113250.jpg[/attachment:6sn72szu]

here is a quick pic of the 60gal..3 fish..2 clowns and a coral beauty..and several sps/lps/spft corals...
Very cool!

This is the guy that stung me..Those are bristles on him..He is a bristle worm...I didnt buy him, they hitch hike when buying live rock for the tank..It sucks being stung by the bristles....tons of pain...

Attachments

• 20150609_170701.jpg
    20150609_170701.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 727

PAYRION said:
This is the guy that stung me..Those are bristles on him..He is a bristle worm...I didnt buy him, they hitch hike when buying live rock for the tank..It sucks being stung by the bristles....tons of pain...
I've had those before... Yeah I heard they sting... Lol

Here was my most recent tank. A Nano 11.4 With Kessil Led

ecca571802bc58e0b2f982cff44afb3d.jpg
806e593f3e0b9f367abee9c9e70eea62.jpg
2a0cb5c89b93f1c5441bffb2d3a9df26.jpg

You have it set up perfect..I had way too much in my nano..I couldnt clean it...I actually kept it going for 9 months without cleaning..Wanted to see what will survive...all my zoas died but the muchrooms and octopus frogspawn lived fine...Thats why that worm got so big I think..he had tons to eat....

PAYRION said:
You have it set up perfect..I had way too much in my nano..I couldnt clean it...I actually kept it going for 9 months without cleaning..Wanted to see what will survive...all my zoas died but the muchrooms and octopus frogspawn lived fine...Thats why that worm got so big I think..he had tons to eat....
Yeah... Lol... I had started a 125 but I never finished it because it became a money pit...

4ab2fee81581eb659942f1633d37e6d2.jpg
df18ae8e8b4d42a172a2ae5cf9f053bf.jpg
f03b761b37cea2880cb4b68ab6d5ffd5.jpg

PAYRION said:
Thanks!

I only have the 60 now..We will be moving to a new house next spring...Its on then..I really want to go BIG..180...240...who knows...Ill do a built in and have a room that is behind the wall as my tank room...Gonna have a few frag tanks too... Yes it is a money pit...Just in the 60 I have a few grand ...hell I have a few corals that are several hundred alone for a small piece....Mummy eye chalice...true blue stag sps...not supposed to have.... I love it...unless you have one you cannot understand..

PAYRION said:
I only have the 60 now..We will be moving to a new house next spring...Its on then..I really want to go BIG..180...240...who knows...Ill do a built in and have a room that is behind the wall as my tank room...Gonna have a few frag tanks too... Yes it is a money pit...Just in the 60 I have a few grand ...hell I have a few corals that are several hundred alone for a small piece....Mummy eye chalice...true blue stag sps...not supposed to have.... I love it...unless you have one you cannot understand..
Oh yeah I know $$$... Lol... My dream tank is a 300 full of tangs

PAYRION said:
I think when I reset up ill go very few corals and more fish...
Yeah easy hardy corals they can handle the bioload

Im also going to "cook" my live rock for a few months to make sure there are NO hitchhikers.. I have a mantis that is loud as hell in my tank and a pistol that snaps all the time..Neither hurt anything yet.. Im sure the mantis will sometime...actually I think its him that kills my snails...

Top Bottom