napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Safety First!!!

For you guys with kids or just nosey trash guys that don't want to spend the unnecessary money on a sharps container for needles. Here's what I do for all of the medical waste I dispose of. I try to get as much protein from food as I possibly can but I do have a shake or two a day to help me along especially since my appetite isn't always there. That big empty plastic jug is an excellent way to get rid of the medical waste and a shit ton of it! I know a lot of guys just stick their pins in an empty bottle or can and toss them that way, I've seen first hand a ton of guys just toss them in the garbage can and be done with it. I understand that if you don't have little ones running around or live alone or are hiding it from the significant other. Here's the thing though...you wouldn't believe what a lot of the typical garbage men do. Especially if they are in a hurry or if they decide to have a look to see what you're getting rid of. This is no bullshit! I have a relative who worked for the city for 30 years as a garbage man and he has a very large collection of stuff he "saved" from the city dump! His "treasures" are something that he takes a lot of pride in. I don't think I need to elaborate anymore as I'm pretty sure that you can see where this is going. Anyway there was more than one instance in his treasure hunts that he had to get vaccinated because somebody, likely some normal elderly diabetic, tossed their syringes in the trash and the cap was knocked off by trash stacked on top. Don't get me wrong I know it's stupid to be digging through trash in the first place and as the old saying goes "if you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough". You never know when the garbage men will be in a hurry and knock something out of the can or drop something off the truck for some neighborhood child to hit with their bike, pull it out of the tire, and end up with an infection. So that being said the protein powder jug makes a great sharps container! If you are trying to hide your use from someone in your house and keep a few jugs in stock it's a great way to be safe and hide your stuff at the same time. Just simply poke a large enough hole in the top, glue the lid down tight, and put a piece of tape over the hole when it's full and time to toss. I typically use a piece of masking tape to write medical waste even though I taped the hole. This may seem like the dumbest post ever but I always trying to protect everyone including myself when dealing with things that can make others sick. Personally I have small kids and I don't tell them what I'm doing nor do I want a big red medical sharps container sitting around where they can look at it and say "hey that's just like the box at the doctor where they throw my shots away ". Even if you label the jug and tape it before you toss it the garbage man will most likely just think you're a diabetic and appreciate the gesture. I just wanted to take a second to post what I do, that works for me, about a subject that really doesn't get mentioned a lot when talking about the safe use of AAS or any type of injectable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That's a good idea. Everyone here has plenty of protein jugs lol. I may be mistaken, but my local health department will give you a sharps container to take home. I'll try to stop by one day this week and check.

deathbyduck87 said:
For you guys with kids or just nosey trash guys that don't want to spend the unnecessary money on a sharps container for needles. Here's what I do for all of the medical waste I dispose of. I try to get as much protein from food as I possibly can but I do have a shake or two a day to help me along especially since my appetite isn't always there. That big empty plastic jug is an excellent way to get rid of the medical waste and a shit ton of it! I know a lot of guys just stick their pins in an empty bottle or can and toss them that way, I've seen first hand a ton of guys just toss them in the garbage can and be done with it. I understand that if you don't have little ones running around or live alone or are hiding it from the significant other. Here's the thing though...you wouldn't believe what a lot of the typical garbage men do. Especially if they are in a hurry or if they decide to have a look to see what you're getting rid of. This is no bullshit! I have a relative who worked for the city for 30 years as a garbage man and he has a very large collection of stuff he "saved" from the city dump! His "treasures" are something that he takes a lot of pride in. I don't think I need to elaborate anymore as I'm pretty sure that you can see where this is going. Anyway there was more than one instance in his treasure hunts that he had to get vaccinated because somebody, likely some normal elderly diabetic, tossed their syringes in the trash and the cap was knocked off by trash stacked on top. Don't get me wrong I know it's stupid to be digging through trash in the first place and as the old saying goes "if you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough". You never know when the garbage men will be in a hurry and knock something out of the can or drop something off the truck for some neighborhood child to hit with their bike, pull it out of the tire, and end up with an infection. So that being said the protein powder jug makes a great sharps container! If you are trying to hide your use from someone in your house and keep a few jugs in stock it's a great way to be safe and hide your stuff at the same time. Just simply poke a large enough hole in the top, glue the lid down tight, and put a piece of tape over the hole when it's full and time to toss. I typically use a piece of masking tape to write medical waste even though I taped the hole. This may seem like the dumbest post ever but I always trying to protect everyone including myself when dealing with things that can make others sick. Personally I have small kids and I don't tell them what I'm doing nor do I want a big red medical sharps container sitting around where they can look at it and say "hey that's just like the box at the doctor where they throw my shots away ". Even if you label the jug and tape it before you toss it the garbage man will most likely just think you're a diabetic and appreciate the gesture. I just wanted to take a second to post what I do, that works for me, about a subject that really doesn't get mentioned a lot when talking about the safe use of AAS or any type of injectable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This is great information, and something I have actually been doing for years. I put all my needles in an old protein jug and it works great for that purpose. Thanks for sharing and giving the other members here this awesome advice and information!

awesome idea man - its important to think about this stuff because people can get hurt from those needles in the trash..

This is a very good post promoting to do the right thing. I usually put them in an empty tide bottle. We as AAS users already get a bad name so doing this just keeps the public eye off our backs.

Top Bottom