napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Return to training after 4 yr layoff

pingramst

Hi Dylan!

Hope you are well. Ive sent a question to you previously which you kindly answered - much appreciation.

im from Birmingham England not far from Dorian Yates gym in temple row.
The question is very simple. For a variety of reasons Ive been out of training for 4 years approx.
Ive got my diet plan sorted, I will be running a sust/EQ/Deca course conservative dosage , blood work is fine.
The main question is after such a long time out of the game and I'm 45 now, obviously my recovery will be slower than 35 but my course will hopefully assist there Ive front loaded with test prop as I'm not a real big fan of dbol .
Should I start back on a BRO SPLIT over 4 days lower volume / sets/intensity to begin with or should I start with a higher frequency split say 2 workouts A and B and do logically week1 mon A wed B fri A week 2 opposite hence lower volume but I'm a slow recovered and with 4 years off even after 96 hours I would bet they 'll stilll be split ask with bro split Ive got a good week to recover and with the higher test level protein synthesis window will be longer .

I hope you can help and all the very best your presentations are second to none

your workout is always based around your goals from the cycle so its quite impossible for me to answer that.. you need to structure it based upon your goals

i know this, if you are wanting to utilize your cycle then you need to have higher intensity workouts and you need to be training in the hypertrophy stage... 8-10 reps at 80% of your one rep max on each lift...

Different training programs work differently for everyone. There's no direct answer. You have to figure out what works for you. If you are worried about recovery, I'd probably do everything once per week and not more frequent. That's where you can run into problems

OK...You've been out of training for 4 years...you don't start back by doing a cycle....steroids ARE NOT FOR GETTING IN SHAPE

Reestablish you diet and training routine FIRST...Be disciplined and consistent...return to top shape..THEN think about a cycle

Last edited:
OK...You've been out of training for 4 years...you don't start back by doing a cycle....steroids ARE NOT FOR GETTING IN SHAPE

Reestablish you diet and training routine FIRST...Be disciplined and consistent...return to top shape..THEN think about a cycle
exactly right... you have to get yourself back into condition FIRST and foremost, THEN you consider steroid use... its not the other way around

Thankyou

Hi Dylan, firstly thankyou very much for your prompt and excellent advice. Much appreciated.
I will adhere and take into account what you rightly said, I have devised a PPL style split so that I’m hitting each bodypart once every 5-6 days , initially starting on a low volume / intensity hitting the 8-12 rep range but will fall short of failure. I’ll gradually increase the intensity according to my muscle response, but I will maintain the 5-6 day frequency.
I will initiate my course at the stage where I consider myself back at my optimal natural condition as per advice of the response from the member below.
Thankyou again for your valued advice. All the best , paul.

Thankyou Rickrock for your advice I appreciate it. You are indeed correct I will adhere to what you advise and wait until I consider I’m back to optimal natural condition then initiate the cycle - sometimes I forget how old I am !
All the best
Paul .

Top Bottom