napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Relationship and your gym life struggle

robthomas

Hey guys I kinda thought this be a cool thread to see how you all balance your love life's with being a true gym life guy if you live the life 24/7 such as I do !

We all know being fit being swole and living the diet life and training can to get big or maintain size are a very hard balance .

For me this has always been a struggle to not be selfish which I am because I'm very into living the life this makes me who I am and makes me happy. Plus there are a ton of other hobbies I have outside my gym life .

My current girlfriend doesn't live the lifestyle of the gym but since we been together she has made big strides to learning the importance of living healthy and dieting since with me .
But we have the constant struggle of making time to do all these things .

I'm also In Auto sales so I work very long shifts on top of all this so many 9-9 work days and gym .

Overal I feel it's been taking a toll on are relationship due to my love for gear diet and gym . I'm almost thinking of going back to my old life of one me and making me happy I'm very independent . The type of guy that can be alone and make my self happy do to my hobbies and don't depend on a girl to make me happy .
But she is a great girl which makes these choices hard .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all about balance bro. You have to keep your priorities in line with your whole life. As I tell everyone, don't let your lifestyle get in the way of life. Yes, it is possible to have both. I've been doing it for years. My wife does not share the same lifestyle as me when it comes to diet and fitness. She's very lean but doesn't lift or exercise really at all or eat anything like me. Some of the ways I balance things is having set days that all of my clean food is prepped, which she helps me with. Then I have designated days that I have regular cheat type meals with her and my kids, that are also structured and figured into my diet and macros. It's a structure that works very well for us, and keeps me in tune with my own goals. My gym time is early am before work that also does not interfere with family time. We have found a system that works well for all of us. There are times we are out on weekends doing family things or just a night out for the two of us, that I don't think about macros as much, and just enjoy that time because in the grand scope of things it doesn't hinder anything and I still stay on track. I always practice moderation in those instances but I don't let social events and activities get affected by my lifestyle choices. Life is too short, so enjoy it and keep that balance in your life. You will also be a lot happier....trust me

Thanks brother that means a lot just always trying to be a better version of what I am with trying to keep both sides happy!

Thanks brother that means a lot just always trying to be a better version of what I am with trying to keep both sides happy!

No problem brother! Trust me I understand how hard it can be to keep things balanced right and everyone happy, but it's not as hard as you think, and once you get it all figured out its pretty awesome.

I just try and balance it the best I can but always put life first lol. I work out before work and my wife takes our kid to daycare. But when age works late during tax season we swap and I work out at night. As far as food goes I always prep everything but my dinners which we eat as a family. I just swap stuff around the best I can but my wife does know how much I put into the gym and I do get away with a lot haha

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Also, my girlfriend keeps me from doing stupid things, like running high doses of anything for example.

She is my balance basically. She is very smart and she helps me all the time by telling me off when I crave a bad cheat meal. "You can do whatever you want babe, but should you?" (Like exactly the same as Dylan says it haha!!)

It is almost like I am in a relationship with Dylan lol!!

Also, my girlfriend keeps me from doing stupid things, like running high doses of anything for example.

She is my balance basically. She is very smart and she helps me all the time by telling me off when I crave a bad cheat meal. "You can do whatever you want babe, but should you?" (Like exactly the same as Dylan says it haha!!)

Haha, that's awesome bro. Not necessarily a bad thing to have that voice of reason on your side lol

That's just creepy bro, lol!

I guess I'm lucky, Mrs Sniper and I train together on a regular basis. While she doesn't necessarily approve of the gear, she completely supports my decision to do so and actually pins me once or twice per week.

LOLLLLL well its one im unaware of! LLMFAO... i get exactly what you mean brother...

Hey guys I kinda thought this be a cool thread to see how you all balance your love life's with being a true gym life guy if you live the life 24/7 such as I do !

We all know being fit being swole and living the diet life and training can to get big or maintain size are a very hard balance .

For me this has always been a struggle to not be selfish which I am because I'm very into living the life this makes me who I am and makes me happy. Plus there are a ton of other hobbies I have outside my gym life .

My current girlfriend doesn't live the lifestyle of the gym but since we been together she has made big strides to learning the importance of living healthy and dieting since with me .
But we have the constant struggle of making time to do all these things .

I'm also In Auto sales so I work very long shifts on top of all this so many 9-9 work days and gym .

Overal I feel it's been taking a toll on are relationship due to my love for gear diet and gym . I'm almost thinking of going back to my old life of one me and making me happy I'm very independent . The type of guy that can be alone and make my self happy do to my hobbies and don't depend on a girl to make me happy .
But she is a great girl which makes these choices hard .

im very very very blessed to have a wife that is way past understanding... im pretty difficult considering how much i work, how i eat, my gym time, my tennis time at night, etc... however, i ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYS make time for us every single day... she is far too important to me, regardless of what i feel i need to do... sometimes if you see me randomly post and then step away, its because i am spending time with her and also my mom... aside from God, they are the most important things in my life period... i never want my wife to feel left out or like she is not getting time with me...before you know it, years have passed and you dont want any regrets... my selfishness has put me in a position where we are struggling to have a child and that alone is enough regret for me and i dont want anymore... ive made so many mistakes in life, especially when i was younger, mistakes that cost me A LOT br, things i cant get back but you know, as you get older, you figure out how to prioritize and manage and thats what you have to do...

My fiance at the time, now wife, used to say i spent to much time on my nutrition and at the gym, until i started getting results. Overtime she gradually shifted her nutrition and what do you know, she lost 15lbs over 12 months without changing anything else. She wasnt overweight, but went from a size 6 to a 2 at age 43..not bad.

As for the gym, i set up a day where we would go out on a date and spend time together. Where did we go....the gym of course. She has taken a liking to it and now we go lift iron together regularly.

My girl normally goes w me. She knows that bodybuilding is a huge part of my life. So even if she lost interest or motivation she would understand. Communication with your partner is key. If they don't understand or are so needy they don't want you to better yourself, then move on. They are not the one for you.

My girl normally goes w me. She knows that bodybuilding is a huge part of my life. So even if she lost interest or motivation she would understand. Communication with your partner is key. If they don't understand or are so needy they don't want you to better yourself, then move on. They are not the one for you.
i completely agree... my mom and dad always told me that if you have to completely change everything about you and cannot be who you are then that person is not for you and it sounds like common sense but its not.. in the moment, we often try to completely change who we are until we are a completely different person and then wind up being miserable... a relationship is definitely about compromise and making life changes but NOT changing who and what you are ... there's a fine line there and when you have the right person, they stand by you and support you no matter what

The minute my gym life is an issue... you're gone. The minute my AAS use is an issue... you're gone. Get too fat... you're gone. Get on my nerves, take me for granted... you're gone. Relationships are all about what you're willing to concede for the sake of the other person and self happiness. An ideal mate completes you, compliments you and your lifestyle to a certain degree... they don't hinder it. If I care for you I'll go to great lengths to show it, but you have to accept me for the most part. I'm not perfect, but I'm not the anti-Christ either. Concessions can be made on a lot of things, but my gym, my gear and being a man aren't up for discussion. If you wanna date someone you can change, or boss around you might need to go fuck yourself cuz it won't be me you're with. If you can be good to me, be loyal, be considerate and reciprocate affection shown... you're in there.

Guys I guy I'm just the try I'm not ever willing to change who I am or what I'm into that what makes me happy . I just love what I'm into and in my life I really feel that's all I need to be happy are those things .just wish I wasn't always all about what's good for me and what I want it's hard for me cause I am very selfish when it comes to the things I love to do

This was a great thread to read. I always like to devote 100% of my time towards whatever immediate goal I am focused on, but in doing so I lose track of balance. Sometimes I forget its nice to go out with friends for a late night every now and then.... balance is so important

Top Bottom