napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Protien Snack Muffins

MarkD

Protein Muffin Tops with a Greek Yogurt frosting. This is one of my originals.

The muffin batter consists of:
1 tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter
1 scoop Vanilla Creme Muscle Milk (brand blends the best)
3 scoops Peanut Butter Quest Protein
3 egg whites
1 cup unsweetened Almond or Cashew Milk (I prefer cashew for thickness)
1/4 cup pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup ground cinnamon

Blend in a nutribullet or by hand, pour into muffin tray and bake at 350 degrees for 20 mins.

The frosting is:
1 block of fat free cream cheese
2 banana creme light and fit greek yogurts
1/4 cup cashew milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Put all these in a blender or nutribullet. Leave the mix in the fridge while the muffin tops finish cooking. After they bake, cut them from the pan, add frosting and a touch of cinnamon and put in the fridge so it solidifies.

Serving size: 1 top
19 g Protein
5 g Carbs
1 g fat (0 saturated, 0 trans)

Attachments

• 20151116_171009.jpg
    20151116_171009.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 17
Want to ask you markdevito, I ended up making some protein treats for after my competition and to me they all turned out wonderful. However, many comments came back and said they were dry and not moist. How moist would you say these muffins are without the greek yogurt/cream cheese icing? I'm also gluten free so seems to be more of an issue for my recipes I've tried. Thanks man, I love your recipe idea here.

Want to ask you markdevito, I ended up making some protein treats for after my competition and to me they all turned out wonderful. However, many comments came back and said they were dry and not moist. How moist would you say these muffins are without the greek yogurt/cream cheese icing? I'm also gluten free so seems to be more of an issue for my recipes I've tried. Thanks man, I love your recipe idea here.

They actually stay very moist. If they dry out fast, use a bit of greek yogurt in the batter. It will keep them moist for about a week.

That sounds good as hell! The recipe is a little extensive though

Honestly brother, you can get away with a lot less in the batter. The original calls for eggs, almond milk and protein powder. I jazz things up for flavor and for the nutrients. Plus I am cooking in an Italian woman's kitche, the seasoning array is uncanny lol

Yes going to try greek yogurt in my recipes for moist texture, or fat-free cream cheese-greek yogurt combo.

It works great but they will end up staying moist a little too long aka over a week or so. At that point they go bad.

Honestly brother, you can get away with a lot less in the batter. The original calls for eggs, almond milk and protein powder. I jazz things up for flavor and for the nutrients. Plus I am cooking in an Italian woman's kitche, the seasoning array is uncanny lol

Cool bro. I'll keep that in mind. Might have to give it a try

Protein Muffin Tops with a Greek Yogurt frosting. This is one of my originals.

The muffin batter consists of:
1 tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter
1 scoop Vanilla Creme Muscle Milk (brand blends the best)
3 scoops Peanut Butter Quest Protein
3 egg whites
1 cup unsweetened Almond or Cashew Milk (I prefer cashew for thickness)
1/4 cup pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup ground cinnamon

Blend in a nutribullet or by hand, pour into muffin tray and bake at 350 degrees for 20 mins.

The frosting is:
1 block of fat free cream cheese
2 banana creme light and fit greek yogurts
1/4 cup cashew milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Put all these in a blender or nutribullet. Leave the mix in the fridge while the muffin tops finish cooking. After they bake, cut them from the pan, add frosting and a touch of cinnamon and put in the fridge so it solidifies.

Serving size: 1 top
19 g Protein
5 g Carbs
1 g fat (0 saturated, 0 trans)

Looks pretty complex but I just might give it a go!

Top Bottom