napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Nolvadex vs Clomid

DTBlaster

Hi,
I'm just wondering why many people tend to use both of these SERMs during their PCT?

I appreciate these views are relatively old, but both Anthony Roberts and William Llewellyn seem to advocate using Nolvadex ahead of clomid, for reasons outlined in the articles below:
https://thinksteroids.com/articles/post ... erapy-pct/
http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/steroid-and- ... luded.html

I'm just wondering what the benefits are to using clomid as well as or instead of nolvadex (if there are any) (?)

I believe Clomid is better at starting your HPTA back up. That's all I got. I'd love to hear more about this too.

If I had to pick one it would be clomid by a long shot , from personal use experience, research

Sent using Tapatalk

Both!

Nolvadex prevents estrogenic activity at the breast site. This is why it's prescribed to post-op breast cancer patients. Keeping activity at the site receptors to an absolute minimum greatly slims the chances of cancer re-development. This is crucial coming off cycle too, as more than likely homone levels will be like a rollercoaster to some extent. Keeping estrogen from acting up in the breast site will prevent gynecomastia development, but allow natural test and estrogen levels to even out on their own.

Clomid fires up the pituitary side of the HPTA, starts sending signals to the balls telling them to produce on their own again. Taking it for 4-5 weeks at 50mg post cycle generally does the job. Getting bloodwork done 6-7 weeks post PCT to see where test levels are will ensure the Clomid did the job. I've heard of individuals having test levels up to 1100 on Clomid before.. it's not to be taken lightly, it's the bomb. In fact, many will use it alongside their suppressive SARMS like S4 or Ostarine, and keep their natty T blasting away instead of using injectable test to make up the difference, food for thought there.

In my opinion, Clomid is the most important of the two for post cycle recovery. At the end of the day, you can have your mammary glands removed from gyno development.. once your balls quit working.. good luck getting them going without Clomid. Even beyond that, they may not work ever again depending on the lengthiness of the testicular shut down with or without Clomid restart attempts.

Moving on! One thing that I feel should be added to this.. is how ridiculously important it is to have HCG for recovery as well! There are two sides to the recovery loop that can be manipulated to help an individual get their natty production back. The balls, and the brain. Clomid covers the brain post cycle. HCG covers the balls during cycle! Not only does HCG keep the balls in a semi-active state (by disguising itself as leutinizing hormone in the male body) during a cycle, or time of suppression.. it also will help to maintain their size. I advise readers here to invest some time into learning about modern TRT methods and how HCG is used during their regimens.. it should be mimicked for anyone using AAS hoping to recover post cycle. Helps with fertility too. Most I've seen run HCG at 500iu's a week during cycle.

Combine HCG and Clomid for a potentially flawless recovery of natural test production, post cycle.

Also, I am Hypnotix from Steroidology.com, I was invited to this forum through an email I believe from PSL, a sponsor on my other forum! Hope I've helped!

Thanks for all the responses. So the general consensus seems to be that both would be ideal, with Nolvadex and Clomid run at 20mg and 50mg respectively? And HCG on cycle to keep everything in working order (?)

I'm very conscious of acne, so I've only ever run very short, non-aromatising cycles (PHs/sarms) hitherto. I haven't had any sort of testicular atrophy before and my libido has always remained strong (possibly because the cycles have been short) - is this a good sign that my balls have recovered sufficiently, or do you really need a blood test to make sure there's been full recovery?

Hypnotix said:
Both!

Nolvadex prevents estrogenic activity at the breast site. This is why it's prescribed to post-op breast cancer patients. Keeping activity at the site receptors to an absolute minimum greatly slims the chances of cancer re-development. This is crucial coming off cycle too, as more than likely homone levels will be like a rollercoaster to some extent. Keeping estrogen from acting up in the breast site will prevent gynecomastia development, but allow natural test and estrogen levels to even out on their own.

Clomid fires up the pituitary side of the HPTA, starts sending signals to the balls telling them to produce on their own again. Taking it for 4-5 weeks at 50mg post cycle generally does the job. Getting bloodwork done 6-7 weeks post PCT to see where test levels are will ensure the Clomid did the job. I've heard of individuals having test levels up to 1100 on Clomid before.. it's not to be taken lightly, it's the bomb. In fact, many will use it alongside their suppressive SARMS like S4 or Ostarine, and keep their natty T blasting away instead of using injectable test to make up the difference, food for thought there.

In my opinion, Clomid is the most important of the two for post cycle recovery. At the end of the day, you can have your mammary glands removed from gyno development.. once your balls quit working.. good luck getting them going without Clomid. Even beyond that, they may not work ever again depending on the lengthiness of the testicular shut down with or without Clomid restart attempts.

Moving on! One thing that I feel should be added to this.. is how ridiculously important it is to have HCG for recovery as well! There are two sides to the recovery loop that can be manipulated to help an individual get their natty production back. The balls, and the brain. Clomid covers the brain post cycle. HCG covers the balls during cycle! Not only does HCG keep the balls in a semi-active state (by disguising itself as leutinizing hormone in the male body) during a cycle, or time of suppression.. it also will help to maintain their size. I advise readers here to invest some time into learning about modern TRT methods and how HCG is used during their regimens.. it should be mimicked for anyone using AAS hoping to recover post cycle. Helps with fertility too. Most I've seen run HCG at 500iu's a week during cycle.

Also, I am Hypnotix from Steroidology.com, I was invited to this forum through an email I believe from PSL, a sponsor on my other forum! Hope I've helped!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yeah bro, you helped a lot because that summed it up BEAUTIFULLY... I am very happy to see you here... that was well said and that will definitely need to be posted in other areas... we definitely need high quality members such as yourself... very nice answer brother and I hope to see a lot of participation from you here...

DTBlaster said:
Thanks for all the responses. So the general consensus seems to be that both would be ideal, with Nolvadex and Clomid run at 20mg and 50mg respectively? And HCG on cycle to keep everything in working order (?)

I'm very conscious of acne, so I've only ever run very short, non-aromatising cycles (PHs/sarms) hitherto. I haven't had any sort of testicular atrophy before and my libido has always remained strong (possibly because the cycles have been short) - is this a good sign that my balls have recovered sufficiently, or do you really need a blood test to make sure there's been full recovery?

my protocol is

clomid 50/50/25/25
nolvadex 40/40/20/20

This is always what I have found to be the most effective...

DTBlaster said:

Yes, i think the two serm protocol is the best bet to have a better chance at a succesful recovery. Adding in aromasin and a decent test boosting product will help that even further

Hypnotix said:
Both!

Combine HCG and Clomid for a potentially flawless recovery of natural test production, post cycle.

Wow.... This is great and helped me a lot. Thanks man.

Re: RE: Re: Nolvadex vs Clomid

Hypnotix said:
Both!

That was a great and informative post!

Thankyou all for the responses - I really appreciate all the advice :)

I've been looking at adding in Aromasin to PCT, as RickRoss suggests, but what was wondering about the optimal dosage. I've seen suggestions ranging from 12.5mg EOD to as high as 25mg ED. Would it be best to err on the side of caution and start with a lower dosage (say 12.5mg EOD)?

Yes I would start at your normal dose and taper it down just like you do with your serms.. Just go by how you feel man you obviously dont want to crash your estro but aromasin certainly has its place in pct if you choose to do so. I know RR and I are fans of it but its not always required

Sent using Tapatalk

I have always had great results with Clomid for PCT since learning to use it correctly. But since I'm 50, I need to run it longer than say someone in their 30s. The first time I did a PCT, I started too early. The steroid esters had not cleared my system yet. So my first PCT was a failure. It took way too long to recover naturally. Libido crashed and depression set in. So I think an important point would be to not start your PCT until your blood-plasma levels of steroids are no longer suppressive. And this can be much longer than a lot of people think... I learned it the hard way.

DamNiceGuy said:
I have always had great results with Clomid for PCT since learning to use it correctly. But since I'm 50, I need to run it longer than say someone in their 30s. The first time I did a PCT, I started too early. The steroid esters had not cleared my system yet. So my first PCT was a failure. It took way too long to recover naturally. Libido crashed and depression set in. So I think an important point would be to not start your PCT until your blood-plasma levels of steroids are no longer suppressive. And this can be much longer than a lot of people think... I learned it the hard way.

That is a problem a lot of guys seem to have. Starting your PCT too early is counterproductive, because you can't begin to recover until you are no longer being suppressed by the compounds in your body. That's why allowing enough time for esters to clear is absolutely crucial

Hypnotix said:
Both!

Very well explained my friend. You are exactly right.

My cycle was my first - 12 weeks of test e at 500mg per. I am waiting 3 weeks since last pin and starting PCT on the 17th with Nolva 40\40\20\20 and was hearing Aromasin should also be included. Is 12.5 eod for the 4 weeks reasonable? I am a private pilot about to do my night rating so am spooked by Clomid and potential blurred vision. Others have suggested I should be ok without it til my next cycle in 5 months. Thoughts?

chris.rudd.925 said:
My cycle was my first - 12 weeks of test e at 500mg per. I am waiting 3 weeks since last pin and starting PCT on the 17th with Nolva 40\40\20\20 and was hearing Aromasin should also be included. Is 12.5 eod for the 4 weeks reasonable? I am a private pilot about to do my night rating so am spooked by Clomid and potential blurred vision. Others have suggested I should be ok without it til my next cycle in 5 months. Thoughts?

clomid is not going to hurt your vision bro... unless you start abusing the dosing... you need a full pct and yours is far from it...

watch my video on pct... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ_bD25Fuxc

here is a full pct layout for you

clomid 50/50/25/25

nolva 40/20/20/20

aromasin 12.5 mg eod

cycle assist

mk-2866 25 mg day

gw-501516 20 mg day

Savage55 said:
Whats the perfect amount of time to wait after cycle to start PCT?

That depends entirely on the cycle you run. It's based on the half lives of the compounds you are running. Oral based compounds, PCT should be started immediately the day after your last dose, where injectibles take time to clear out of your body. After injectibles (depending on the ester) you would start your PCT anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks after last injection depending on the esters you used.

Top Bottom