napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Need help on a bulking cycle!

Dylan

3500+ kcals at 145lbs, wouldn't eating at body weight x24+ be a recipe for major fat gain?

Not if the diet is clean ... obviously it will be inevitable to put on a slight bit of fat, but if your diet is on point you can easily eat 3500kcal without "major fat gains".... it all depends on the diet!

In this case, the OP says he's eating 2800kcal and he's not growing. So he needs to add 200-300 calories... if he still doesn't grow, he must add another 200-300 calories ... it really is that simple. The main thing here is that you can't expect to grow if you're not eating enough ... training, sarms or steroids can NOT help in any way if diet is not on point

Not if the diet is clean ... obviously it will be inevitable to put on a slight bit of fat, but if your diet is on point you can easily eat 3500kcal without "major fat gains".... it all depends on the diet!

In this case, the OP says he's eating 2800kcal and he's not growing. So he needs to add 200-300 calories... if he still doesn't grow, he must add another 200-300 calories ... it really is that simple. The main thing here is that you can't expect to grow if you're not eating enough ... training, sarms or steroids can NOT help in any way if diet is not on point

I don't agree with this.

Eating a 700 calorie surplus would make anyone gain a lot of fat, regardless of whether the diet is clean or not. Even a surplus of 500 with a clean diet would cause fat gain.

OP, eating clean is definitely better for your health, but don't be mistaken that eating clean does not let you get away with eating a big surplus without fat gain. But yes, if you are eating 2800 cals now and maintaining then start out with a clean diet at about 3200 calories with 1.5 grams protein per pound and you should be gain some nice, slow weight. If not then 3300 to 3350 calories should do the trick. PERSONALLY I do not think You would need to get to 3500 calories or above.

If you can afford, GW should help with staving off some fat gain.

Last edited:
I don't agree with this.

Eating a 700 calorie surplus would make anyone gain a lot of fat, regardless of whether the diet is clean or not. Even a surplus of 500 with a clean diet would cause fat gain.

OP, eating clean is definitely better for your health, but don't be mistaken that eating clean does not let you get away with eating a big surplus without fat gain. But yes, if you are eating 2800 cals now and maintaining then start out with a clean diet at about 3200 calories and you should be fine, if not then 3300 to 3350 should do the trick. You should not need to get to 3500 calories or above.

As I wrote before, I agree that he could put on a bit of fat. But come on, let's face it: it's almost impossible to bulk hard with NO increase in fat! You're always going to gain a bit of fat.. but the OP can easily get rid of it.

My point here is that the OP is 145lbs. He's underweight and needs to eat more. My personal opinion is that in this case the focus should be to put on more size... then if he does put on some fat, he can easily lose it after the bulk...

Hey dylan, sorry for the late reply!

I follow an IIFYM diet, I'm bulking on 2800 cals, 169g p - 350g c - 90g f -

Are you actually gaining weight at 2800 as your opening post stated you wanted to add some 'serious size', if you are gaining weight can you advise average weekly gain

Hey bro thanks for the feedback! and thank you to everyone else who commented on this thread. As Muscular Development suggested, I do have GW, but I just came off an lgd cycle, tomorrow is first day of my pct, clomid 50mg ed for 3 weeks. When should I add the GW in? or only add it on my next lgd cycle? (planning to do a pure lgd cycle for 12 weeks at 10mg ed).

I don't agree with this.

OP, eating clean is definitely better for your health, but don't be mistaken that eating clean does not let you get away with eating a big surplus without fat gain. But yes, if you are eating 2800 cals now and maintaining then start out with a clean diet at about 3200 calories with 1.5 grams protein per pound and you should be gain some nice, slow weight. If not then 3300 to 3350 calories should do the trick. PERSONALLY I do not think You would need to get to 3500 calories or above.

If you can afford, GW should help with staving off some fat gain.

Are you actually gaining weight at 2800 as your opening post stated you wanted to add some 'serious size', if you are gaining weight can you advise average weekly gain

Hey Mickc1965, to clarify, I gained about 3kg in 12 weeks on lgd at about 2800 cals everyday, fell sick the last week of my cycle so cals were obviously not up there haha, but i did gain 3kg. When I say I mean serious size, it's one of those cycles where I gain about 6-8kg of muscle and totally change my physique and take it to the next level.

Top Bottom