napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

(Natty) Bulk

FitGuy1213

I see many posts on here regarding cycles and bulking/cutting plans. Deciding to change it up and post my planned course of action. I originally intended on starting a cycle of Test E only, but after much thought, decided against it. After months of struggling with a plateau amongst other things. I finally decided to get bloodwork done. Found out my test levels are sky high, and my estrogen was a bit out of range. Now that I'm on a good steady dose of aromasin I am starting to feel great again. So now I'm ready to kill it. First stats.
Years Training 4 (seriously/Bodybuilding), an additional 3 years training for football mainly compound lifts, olympic lifts and plyometrics.
Diet: IIFYM variant. I mostly meal prep pretty healthy and nutritionally packed meals and always allow for some flex in my calories. I eat 5-6 meals a day and follow a 40/40/20 macro split. (carbs, protein, fats)
height: 6'0
Weight: 187lbs
BF: Roughly 12% ( being honest with myself even though id like to think 10%)
Training: Push/Pull/Legs. Usually workout 7 days a week ( this will be changing)
Now down to business.

Ive never truly dedicated myself to a bulk, always been afraid of not "looking good". Ive decided to put my body dis morphia aside and go for a full on bulk. My training will now drop to 5 days a week and 2 off.
Weeks 1-4: 4 sets 6 Reps
Sunday: Push
Monday" Pull
Tuesday:Legs
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Upper Body
Friday: Lower Body
Saturday: Off/Cardio (2-3 Hours basketball
Weeks 5-8 I will change rep ranges to accommodate for more Hypertrophy : 4 sets 6-8 reps
Weeks 9-12 Will be mostly hypertrophy rep ranges : 5 sets 10-12 reps
weeks 13-16 Will be back down to myofibrillar hypertrophy rep ranges so 5x5
Calories week 1-4: 2800
Calories week 5-8 3200
Calories week 9-12: 3500
Calories week 13-16 3800
I have chosen to keep my calories as so due to the fact that ive been in a long time caloric deficit. I am going to try to reverse Diet in a way, Ive made it to 190lbs while never going over 3k calories any longer than a few weeks at a time. I think my body has adapted to the lower caloric intake(roughly 2500 a day for a long time). I want to ease into this bulk and maintain leanness if possible.
Goals for this bulk will be to get up to 205-210lbs and no more than 15% BF
I think this is a reasonable amount of muscle to hopw to attain due to the fact that ive never truly given my body enough calories to grow at a faster rate.
If anyone has any questions, comments, concerns regarding my log please feel free to ask. I will be posting pics soon to give a starting point. Thanks for the support this community always gives, You are all family to me!
#SummerBulk #noshredz

Last edited:
Good for you not take gear yet. Don't be afraid to get a little fat... good luck!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

You won't gain fat if you do it right . a 500 calorie surplus is good for natural . biggest things train hard past failure no puss workouts it should hurt. And keep your diet clean . bulking is when your diet should be the cleanest . mainatince you can incorporate cheats and cutting you will be in a deficit and depleting your self so slipping once an a while just fills you out. But too gain size you need too maintain. A surplus and keep insulin elevated too stay anabolic . this also means anytime you go out of your meals and eat high fat and sugar carp its almost garentee too be stored as fat . also clean food is filling if your getting 3600 calories a day from lean meats and solid carbs with some healthy fats . it will taken6 or 7 meals too do it and you will feel like eating is a chore.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Way to put in the work and not jump straight to the juice bro..

Tips from me are: Eat clean and make diet your job here. Don't expect to add 3% bf if you're bulking cleanly. My advice is ensure you're getting most of your protein of whole, clean sources, supplementing at times with whey or casein. Ensure and plan out your carb sources, ensuring you have plenty of complex carbs on hand to avoid cravings and slipping. Scope out your simple carbs pre and post workout and have those handy. Like Gymjunkie offered up, insulin and food are going to be the catalysts here for maximum clean growth. I'd almost say adjust your macro ratios, lowering fat and raising your carbs a little. 45/40/15 maybe?

Stick with your programming and keep us posted dude!

Thank you all for the positive feedback. I do understand I have to keep my bulk clean, biggest reason why I've nv r been able to pull off a bulk is due to food volume. Healthy food does not go down easy towards the end of 4K calories lol. I will definitely consider upping my carbs. I've maxed out at 400g carb before and began to notice fat gain no matter how clean I kept my carb sources. My usual carb sources are oats, veggies, maybe a piece of fruit a day, seldom I will eat a bagel preworkout, and rice. Jasemine rice Is a staple for me. It digest quickly which allows me to consume more food.
I decided to go all out on this and program myself properly because I'm tired of hovering between 185-190. I've decided if I can dedicate myself to this fully, it will do two things. One, it will allow me to gauge my level of dedication and willingness to do what it takes because if I can't dedicate myself, I have no business picking up the juice, secondly, if I am successful in getting to my goals of 15-20lbm gain, then I will most likely be able to hold off a while longer from AAs. I do love pushing my body to its limits, I really want to compete one day, so I know AAs are not completely off the table in my future. It's just a matter of where I can get before that time comes.

Thank you all for the positive feedback. I do understand I have to keep my bulk clean, biggest reason why I've nv r been able to pull off a bulk is due to food volume. Healthy food does not go down easy towards the end of 4K calories lol. I will definitely consider upping my carbs. I've maxed out at 400g carb before and began to notice fat gain no matter how clean I kept my carb sources. My usual carb sources are oats, veggies, maybe a piece of fruit a day, seldom I will eat a bagel preworkout, and rice. Jasemine rice Is a staple for me. It digest quickly which allows me to consume more food.
I decided to go all out on this and program myself properly because I'm tired of hovering between 185-190. I've decided if I can dedicate myself to this fully, it will do two things. One, it will allow me to gauge my level of dedication and willingness to do what it takes because if I can't dedicate myself, I have no business picking up the juice, secondly, if I am successful in getting to my goals of 15-20lbm gain, then I will most likely be able to hold off a while longer from AAs. I do love pushing my body to its limits, I really want to compete one day, so I know AAs are not completely off the table in my future. It's just a matter of where I can get before that time comes.

That's a great attitude to have bro. Don't lose sight of that. You're going to get out of this what you put into it in every arena, diet, rest, gym....

I'd like to suggest sweet potatoes. I can grab a couple and eat them like a burrito on the run, drive, wherever I am. They're easy to get in quickly, the texture is forgiving and most importantly they're tasty!

I also enjoy a ClifBar daily.

I used to love sweet potatoes. I will definitely put those back onto my carb list. I just had been burnt out for so long I didn't think about them.
I have a clear line of sight on my goals and nothing will get in the way. I've found myself waking up at 5am more lately just because I'm up and ready to take the day on. My level of determination is reaching an all time high.

I used to love sweet potatoes. I will definitely put those back onto my carb list. I just had been burnt out for so long I didn't think about them.
I have a clear line of sight on my goals and nothing will get in the way. I've found myself waking up at 5am more lately just because I'm up and ready to take the day on. My level of determination is reaching an all time high.

Listen to your mind and body, avoid burnt out. Rest and recover.

Calories/Macro today are as follows 2600 cal
235g protein, 300g carb, 50g fat and I'm at the end of my day. Fell short by 200kcal
Leg day today
DL- 4 sets of 245 for 6 rep
Swats- 4 sets of 225 for 6 reps
Db Lunges- 4 sets of 40s each hand 6 reps
Leg press- 4 sets of 4 plates each side for 6 reps
Standing calf raises- 10 sets of 10 reps
Good leg day in the books. Back is sore. First time deadlifting in about 2 months

Top Bottom