napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Life Question -- Why do you guys train?

This is my life, period... I have been an athlete my entire life... I played 4 sports at certain points in high school... Then college basketball... After injuries I switched to modeling which had me in the gym even more than before... Its like eating and breathing to me... I need it to just survive... Its a major part of my happiness and feeling complete... I dont know what I would ever do without it... Its something I thrive on... Its one of my true loves and it does everything possible for me in terms of feeling happy and complete, and the obvious reasons of health and happiness...

Nice post. It really does complete some people.

Aside from the ego benefits, I like the personal mastery. I have had a good amount of success in my life, but the pride in controlling how I look, but eating right, and exercising right, is a point of personal pride.

Thank you everyone for the awesome stories. From a woman's perspective I train for inner strength. Of course it's my therapy, a place to find clarity, a break from all of the stresses in life. But to work, sweat, and lift heavy, gives an emergence of true strength and power. And if I can lift more then the guy next to me....that's just an added bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally. I've been active and healthy since I was young. Played football for 12 years. Served in the army for another 10. Between work/ home life it helps me with the stresses. Also a good anger management for PTSD. Oh and it's a plus being the alpha on my cul-de-sac 😂 gotta protect my kiddos.

For me the biggest drive is to influence my kids. Show them if you set goals and push for them anything is possible. Also to show them there is more than iPads and video games. I want them to want to be healthy and push their limits in everything and that's what pushes me even harder. I have a a screen saver that says I thought about giving up then I saw who was watching! It's also my sanctuary away from the craziness life can bring sometimes. Music on blast and hoodie over my head even on a hot day to completely block out the world around me and just push every rep. And like someone said earlier it's not always easy to go to the gym but it always feels amazing when you leave!

Top Bottom