napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Lessons Learned - Don't Try This at Home: My 28 Week Cycle (3rd/4th)

ComstockZero

Hi all, history:
Height: 5'7
Weight: 180
Body fat %: 18.5% according to DEXA January 31, 2018

TRT dose administered by doc: 220mg/wk Test cyp since August 2015

Years of training: 10, competing in strongman/PL 3

Complete cycle history (compounds, doses, lengths of time, when they were run):

TRT for 2.5y (220mg Test cyp/wk)

1st cycle
1-10 420 test cyp
1-3 40mg tbol ED
5-8 60mg dianabol EOD (INJ)
back to TRT

2nd cycle (Test/Deca/Orals)
Week 1-4 - 30mg Dbol ED
Week 6-10 - 20mg ED Winstrol
Week 1-7 - 500mg Test Cyp and Sust
Week 7-12 - 500mg Test Cyp and Sust + 150 test prop
Week 12 only: 70-80mg tbol ED
Week 1-12 - NPP/Deca 280mg/wk

Week 1-7 .5mg arimidex ED
Week 7-12 1mg arimidex ED

Supplements (if any): fish oil, TUDCA, N-acetyl-cysteine, MSM/Chrondroitin, Meldonium

Training: I've done a lot of West Side conjugate style. I'll be doing 5/3/1 on this cycle. Strongman events once a week.

Any other relevant info (injuries, surgeries you've had, etc.):

Labrum SLAP tear repair March 2016 / surgery April 16
Fractured C6 vertebra in contest May 2017

------------------------------------------

So how in the name of christ did a normal cycle become 28 weeks? I started what was going to be a fairly aggressive but normal 15 week prep cycle for a strongman meet. Towards the halfway point, I added a smallish dose of Tren to try it out. After that, another meet came up, so I added a high test blast/oral. Here's how it went.

Week 1-16 - Cardarine
Week 1-13 - Meldonium
Week 1-16 - 500 Test Cyp
Week 1-16 - 400 Deca blend
Week 1-3 - 75/50/25 Anadrol (I did not tolerate this well)
Week 1-3 - 10/20/30 Dianabol
Week 6-7 - 50mg Anadrol ED (much better)
Week 7-13 - 200 Tren Blend
^Caber .25mg E3D
Week 15-16 - 20mg Halo for 3 days pre comp, 40mg Halo on comp day (wow)

^Arimidex: .5mg E3D

Week 17-21 - TRT (220 Cyp)
Week 19-21 - 20mg Nolvadex ED

Week 22-24 - 1000mg Test
Week 24-28 - 750mg Test
Week 22-24 - 50mg Anadrol
Week 24-28 - 500mg Tren Blend
Week 24-28 - 100mg Anadrol

^Arimidex .5mg EOD
TUDCA, N-Acetyl Cysteine and liver multi throughout
Gave double whole blood twice.

Bloods were taken a few days ago. I'll post when they're done.

Lessons?

1. Should have gotten bloods multiple times
2. I can't combine Tren and Deca. I get hypermanic, violent and emotional.
3. Truckloads of gear is not the answer - I barely grew, but I got a lot stronger (I lift in a weight class so this is actually a good thing).
4. Acne on Tren/Deca was insane
5. For strength, 750-1000 Test is fucking great for far less side effects than deca, tren, anadrol, or any of the other compounds I've tried. In the future, I will seriously consider just blasting high test and not even messing with other compounds. My leg lifts went up by... 25 or 30%, my pressing #'s went up by about 50%. My condition and composition improved throughout. I should also go get a DEXA.
6. Started around 170#, ended around 180#

I know this was a stupid double cycle, so you don't need to tell me that. I know you'll be curious to see the bloods. I ordered all the normal stuff - comprehensive metabolic, liver and kidneys, e2, total and free test, and also cRP

thanks for sharing... you already know how ridiculous this all was so i wont bother commenting on that.. i just hope others reading take note of this, which is the entire point of you posting it, im sure...

Hi all, history:
Height: 5'7
Weight: 180
Body fat %: 18.5% according to DEXA January 31, 2018

TRT dose administered by doc: 220mg/wk Test cyp since August 2015

Years of training: 10, competing in strongman/PL 3

Complete cycle history (compounds, doses, lengths of time, when they were run):

TRT for 2.5y (220mg Test cyp/wk)

1st cycle
1-10 420 test cyp
1-3 40mg tbol ED
5-8 60mg dianabol EOD (INJ)
back to TRT

2nd cycle (Test/Deca/Orals)
Week 1-4 - 30mg Dbol ED
Week 6-10 - 20mg ED Winstrol
Week 1-7 - 500mg Test Cyp and Sust
Week 7-12 - 500mg Test Cyp and Sust + 150 test prop
Week 12 only: 70-80mg tbol ED
Week 1-12 - NPP/Deca 280mg/wk

Week 1-7 .5mg arimidex ED
Week 7-12 1mg arimidex ED

Supplements (if any): fish oil, TUDCA, N-acetyl-cysteine, MSM/Chrondroitin, Meldonium

Training: I've done a lot of West Side conjugate style. I'll be doing 5/3/1 on this cycle. Strongman events once a week.

Any other relevant info (injuries, surgeries you've had, etc.):

Labrum SLAP tear repair March 2016 / surgery April 16
Fractured C6 vertebra in contest May 2017

------------------------------------------

So how in the name of christ did a normal cycle become 28 weeks? I started what was going to be a fairly aggressive but normal 15 week prep cycle for a strongman meet. Towards the halfway point, I added a smallish dose of Tren to try it out. After that, another meet came up, so I added a high test blast/oral. Here's how it went.

Week 1-16 - Cardarine
Week 1-13 - Meldonium
Week 1-16 - 500 Test Cyp
Week 1-16 - 400 Deca blend
Week 1-3 - 75/50/25 Anadrol (I did not tolerate this well)
Week 1-3 - 10/20/30 Dianabol
Week 6-7 - 50mg Anadrol ED (much better)
Week 7-13 - 200 Tren Blend
^Caber .25mg E3D
Week 15-16 - 20mg Halo for 3 days pre comp, 40mg Halo on comp day (wow)

^Arimidex: .5mg E3D

Week 17-21 - TRT (220 Cyp)
Week 19-21 - 20mg Nolvadex ED

Week 22-24 - 1000mg Test
Week 24-28 - 750mg Test
Week 22-24 - 50mg Anadrol
Week 24-28 - 500mg Tren Blend
Week 24-28 - 100mg Anadrol

^Arimidex .5mg EOD
TUDCA, N-Acetyl Cysteine and liver multi throughout
Gave double whole blood twice.

Bloods were taken a few days ago. I'll post when they're done.

Lessons?

1. Should have gotten bloods multiple times
2. I can't combine Tren and Deca. I get hypermanic, violent and emotional.
3. Truckloads of gear is not the answer - I barely grew, but I got a lot stronger (I lift in a weight class so this is actually a good thing).
4. Acne on Tren/Deca was insane
5. For strength, 750-1000 Test is fucking great for far less side effects than deca, tren, anadrol, or any of the other compounds I've tried. In the future, I will seriously consider just blasting high test and not even messing with other compounds. My leg lifts went up by... 25 or 30%, my pressing #'s went up by about 50%. My condition and composition improved throughout. I should also go get a DEXA.
6. Started around 170#, ended around 180#

I know this was a stupid double cycle, so you don't need to tell me that. I know you'll be curious to see the bloods. I ordered all the normal stuff - comprehensive metabolic, liver and kidneys, e2, total and free test, and also cRP

How are strongman contests at your height? I’m the same height and want to compete by 2020.

How are strongman contests at your height? I’m the same height and want to compete by 2020.

Kind of depends on what class you're competing in because the place where height is a big disadvantage is stone load. It goes by weight class, so at like low level entry level meets, if you're a LW (175 and below for Strongman Corp, 181 and below for USS Strongman), then it's usually around 48 or 50" height and that's no issue for me, I mean not once you get confident in the load. Like... if it's a 250 stone load, you're going to be dealing with training the difficulty of picking a 250 stone before you really run into the issue of height. If you're not a LW and you're just really thick for that height, this could be more of a problem because at Middleweight and Heavyweight, the load heights are more like 54-60". And for LW's, nationals, the load height is usually more aggressive, like 54 or 56".

Now... I don't think physiology will wholesale STOP You from hitting a 58" or 60" load, but you will have to train it, and train it, and train the hell out of it because you'll need SO much triple extension, at our height, to get to a 58" load, and getting extreme triple extension with a heavy load... is hard as fuck. I've loaded stones and bags to 54-56" in training, like around 200# for bags and 185 for stones. Generally your best load weight will go down as the load height you have to hit goes up, bc it just becomes so hard to explode that high with your max weight. I've never had more than a 50" load height in a comp.

Height is also an advantage for Conan's Wheel, because of your stride. But Conan's Wheel isn't too common anymore. The way it breaks down is that if you have an event you're especially weak at, it's not really that hard to shop around contests that don't rely on that event, until you get better. If you're restricted to local meets bc you can't travel, that gets harder.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions about competing.

Last edited:
Kind of depends on what class you're competing in because the place where height is a big disadvantage is stone load. It goes by weight class, so at like low level entry level meets, if you're a LW (175 and below for Strongman Corp, 181 and below for USS Strongman), then it's usually around 48 or 50" height and that's no issue for me, I mean not once you get confident in the load. Like... if it's a 250 stone load, you're going to be dealing with training the difficulty of picking a 250 stone before you really run into the issue of height. If you're not a LW and you're just really thick for that height, this could be more of a problem because at Middleweight and Heavyweight, the load heights are more like 54-60". And for LW's, nationals, the load height is usually more aggressive, like 54 or 56".

Now... I don't think physiology will wholesale STOP You from hitting a 58" or 60" load, but you will have to train it, and train it, and train the hell out of it because you'll need SO much triple extension, at our height, to get to a 58" load, and getting extreme triple extension with a heavy load... is hard as fuck. I've loaded stones and bags to 54-56" in training, like around 200# for bags and 185 for stones. Generally your best load weight will go down as the load height you have to hit goes up, bc it just becomes so hard to explode that high with your max weight. I've never had more than a 50" load height in a comp.

Height is also an advantage for Conan's Wheel, because of your stride. But Conan's Wheel isn't too common anymore. The way it breaks down is that if you have an event you're especially weak at, it's not really that hard to shop around contests that don't rely on that event, until you get better. If you're restricted to local meets bc you can't travel, that gets harder.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions about competing.

Your mailbox is full.

Bloods are in. A few surprises, but mostly expected. I've had issues with the attachment feature in the forums before so I'm jsut going to type out the notable levels, if someone really doubts me, I'll attach the screen grab later.

CRP is the C-reactive protein test that's supposed to measure risk of atherosclerosis better than cholestrol. Came back <1.0, range is <7.9. So fine.

I'll only list things of interest or out of range.
Estradiol - 409 pg/mL
GFR - 75
BUN/Creatinine - 8.8
Alkaline Phosphatase - 42 (40-140)
Alanine Aminotransferase - 20 (5-60)
Aspartate Aminotransferase - 21 (10-50)
Bilirubin, Total - 1.7 High (.2 - 1.3)
Total cholesterol - 164 (<199)
Triglycerides - 138 (<149)
Cholestrol/HDL Ratio - 13.7 HIGH (<4.9)
HDL - 12 LOW (>40)
Non-HDL - 152 (<159)
LDL - 124 (<129)
VLDL - 28 (<29)

Free Test - 2415 (35-155)
Total Test - 6657 (250-1100)

Blood pressure on 10/24 was 131/81

Unfortunately, it looks like the tests I chose did not include a CBC, which I thought they did. I'm not super worried because I've given double whole blood twice, but I did want to know how high my RBC and hematocrit were.

So notable issues.

1. My estrogen isn't well controlled even on .5mg Platinum Biotech Arimidex EOD. I'm going to experiment with this before I'm off the 750mg Test E dose.
2. My liver values are well in range on 100mg Platinum Biotech Anadrol and 500mg Pharmacom Tren Blend 200 with TUDCA, liver multi, and N-acetyl-cysteine as liver support. It was week 3 of anadrol and week 4 of Tren.
3. My GFR is also well in range, not sure if Tren or Anadrol should be impacting that
4. Testosterone is predictably high on this dose
5. BUN/Creatinine and Bilirubin could be the factors that are affected by the Anadrol/Tren, I don't know - I was under the impression ALT, AST should be like 150 - 300
6. Krill oil and fiber is definitely helping cholesterol. My cholesterol was worse than this on 500 test/400 deca.

Top Bottom