napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

IF/Fasted Cardio (RICKROCK!!!)

KRT

So, I am curious about something...I would really like to get my BF down about 2% and would appreciate and love some input from the likes of RickRock and others who have experience with IF and Fasted Cardio... I'm into my 3rd day of intermittent fasting and fasted cardio in the am. My question is, I am consuming bcaa's every 2-2 1/2 hrs while fasted but in the evening before bed and before cardio in the am I am consuming 5g of glutamine as well. I've read that glutamine (5g) has roughly 20 calories... Am in the danger of exiting my fasted state by consuming glutamine or is the consequence of this consumption completely negligible? I am feeding 11a-7p or 12p-8p...

6'1" 213lbs sitting at 13.6% BF right now. Have been eating at 3500 calories at 440 carb/305 pro/60 fat. Going to drop cals to maint of roughly 3200 and do IF/Fasted Cardio next 6 weeks of cycle.

Currently running...
500 test c
400 deca
800 eq
40mg tbol
75mg proviron
.5 caber e3d
12.5mg aromasin eod
750mg tudca ed
Organ Shield by purus labs (NAC/Milk Thistle/ALA/CoQ10 etc)

If your taking Bcaas and glutamine your not fasted . those are amino acids( protein ) in the absence of glucose they will be metabolized into glucose

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

If your taking Bcaas and glutamine your not fasted . those are amino acids( protein ) in the absence of glucose they will be metabolized into glucose

I was under the impression bcaa's were not enough to bring me out of a fasted state...

Wrong?

I was under the impression bcaa's were not enough to bring me out of a fasted state...

Wrong?
Why wouldn't they there micronized protein so digestion happens almost instantly in a liquid the same amount of protein the the form of an egg would be less at least you digestive system has too break that down . now getting that out of the way I would still take them because I don't feel dmfasted cardio is that necessary .I do it bit there are factors like type of drugs used and other things in a count that weigh in on purpose and effectiveness of fasted cardio I don't believe you fit that category you would be better off getting a HIIT session in am fasted or not and be most benefit

And guys they say zero calories because of an FDA loophole that's it there are protein incomplete protein bit still protein and every gram is 4 calories

Why wouldn't they there micronized protein so digestion happens almost instantly in a liquid the same amount of protein the the form of an egg would be less at least you digestive system has too break that down . now getting that out of the way I would still take them because I don't feel dmfasted cardio is that necessary .I do it bit there are factors like type of drugs used and other things in a count that weigh in on purpose and effectiveness of fasted cardio I don't believe you fit that category you would be better off getting a HIIT session in am fasted or not and be most benefit

Sorry I should clarify that my fasted cardio is HIIT on the treadmill, 30 second 90% sprint and 1:15 minute rest. Do this 10 times and bounce off to work.

Its a shame how loose our FDA is with labeling and how bad our food industry is with misleading and sensei ing people . its like my favorite things fat free omega3 milk and gluten free oatmeal lmao

Sorry I should clarify that my fasted cardio is HIIT on the treadmill, 30 second 90% sprint and 1:15 minute rest. Do this 10 times and bounce off to work.
Ok yes this is worse fasted do steady state only no hiit fasted .Higher heart rate require glucose and in its absence protein will be burned ( your muscle ) fat doesn't lipolsyze that quick do not do HIIT cardio fasted .its intention is metabolic increase throughout the day not immediate caloric expenditure this will cost you muscle I promise

And guys they say zero calories because of an FDA loophole that's it there are protein incomplete protein bit still protein and every gram is 4 calories

Okay, well I know we've talked plenty in the past and I appreciate your input, I trust it... Stick with bcaa and glutamine supplementation as is and change cardio to steady state in the am fasted?

Ok here is the professional break down I wasn't going too expose if your using exogenous GH after am dose do steady state cardio fasted if not using GH then forget fasted cardio not important have first meal eat carbs do HIIT cardio after

There is a lot of science behind that statement that is too long too go into a few vets here will know what Kim talking about

Gymjunkie, can you comment on the hole HIIT carido vs low impact? Recent (past 60 days) I've been doing faster cardio on tread mill at 3mph at 10 degree
incline for 40-60min and it seems to be working better that when I used to do jogging outside. Just curious about your opinion on things like low impact (I do
this in fasted state -i.e. AM). What I read (and am trying to do) is to do fat loss but maintain the gains I've made (to greatest extent). thanks - bb

Ok yes this is worse fasted do steady state only no hiit fasted .Higher heart rate require glucose and in its absence protein will be burned ( your muscle ) fat doesn't lipolsyze that quick do not do HIIT cardio fasted .its intention is metabolic increase throughout the day not immediate caloric expenditure this will cost you muscle I promise

Ditto what Gym said , HIIT in a fasted state will eventually cost you muscle. Steady state cardio at low impact will burn fat , but be patient it takes time & of course it's all about the diet. Also, what I do believe helps especially on workout days is a Casein Protein shake with 2-3 grams of flax seed before bed, for a couple reasons.
1- It gives you a full satisfied feeling, not hungry at night. And you don't wake up hungry.
2- The Casein feeds your body as you sleep. &
3- The flax seed helps keep your metabolism moving.

So, I am curious about something...I would really like to get my BF down about 2% and would appreciate and love some input from the likes of RickRock and others who have experience with IF and Fasted Cardio... I'm into my 3rd day of intermittent fasting and fasted cardio in the am. My question is, I am consuming bcaa's every 2-2 1/2 hrs while fasted but in the evening before bed and before cardio in the am I am consuming 5g of glutamine as well. I've read that glutamine (5g) has roughly 20 calories... Am in the danger of exiting my fasted state by consuming glutamine or is the consequence of this consumption completely negligible? I am feeding 11a-7p or 12p-8p...

6'1" 213lbs sitting at 13.6% BF right now. Have been eating at 3500 calories at 440 carb/305 pro/60 fat. Going to drop cals to maint of roughly 3200 and do IF/Fasted Cardio next 6 weeks of cycle.

Currently running...
500 test c
400 deca
800 eq
40mg tbol
75mg proviron
.5 caber e3d
12.5mg aromasin eod
750mg tudca ed
Organ Shield by purus labs (NAC/Milk Thistle/ALA/CoQ10 etc)

I did IF exclusively and researched it thoroughly for about 4 years, and have a great deal of knowledge on it.

BCAAs and glutamine both have caloric content but it's an insignificant amount and will not "break your fast" in terms of a significant insulin release. The point of the fast is to increase that insulin sensitivity to the point that you get a huge anabolic response and insulin release on the fast breaking meal

The general rule of thumb is to not exceed 50kcal every two to 3 hours and you will not exceed that with the recommended 6-10g BCAAs every 2-3 hours during the fast after training. Keep in mind that BCAAs are not needed unless you are training fasted and you would then use them during and post training every 2-3 hours til you break fast.

IF can be a great tool for reducing bodyfat while maintaining muscle mass...and even mnaking gains on it. I know this because I lived it through experience and if done correctly it's extremely effective

I also agree with sticking to steady state cardio if fasted. HIIT should be reserved for a fed state,only

Thanks so much for the input guys. Really grateful for the wisdom.

Will implement and keep yall posted.

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for the input guys. Really grateful for the wisdom.

Will implement and keep yall posted.

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Anytime bro. Let me know if you have any other questions

I did IF exclusively and researched it thoroughly for about 4 years, and have a great deal of knowledge on it.

BCAAs and glutamine both have caloric content but it's an insignificant amount and will not "break your fast" in terms of a significant insulin release. The point of the fast is to increase that insulin sensitivity to the point that you get a huge anabolic response and insulin release on the fast breaking meal
The general rule of thumb is to not exceed 50kcal every two to 3 hours and you will not exceed that with the recommended 6-10g BCAAs every 2-3 hours during the fast after training. Keep in mind that BCAAs are not needed unless you are training fasted and you would then use them during and post training every 2-3 hours til you break fast.

IF can be a great tool for reducing bodyfat while maintaining muscle mass...and even mnaking gains on it. I know this because I lived it through experience and if done correctly it's extremely effective
Interesting is this info included in your post regarding nutrition ??? I'd like to read more about this approach regarding muscle sparing ! Thanks

Just wanted to give an update here. It's been 2 weeks since starting this. Reduced 200 calories, some days up to 400. Calories at roughly 3300-3400. 300g pro/60 fats/420 carbs. Fasting 16 hrs, feeding 11-7 or 12-8 depending on day. Breaking IF on Sunday to normalize things with the girl and kiddos. Not doing AM fasted cardio ED but about 2x a week as steady state for 30-40 minutes... In two weeks I am down 1.1% BF.

Stoked!

Top Bottom