napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Give blood !!!!

Well, you've convinced me. Booked for later today after reading this post. I'm interested to see these absurd questions they will ask as well! I think Masonic Bodybuilder's post really put it over the top and made it a no brainer to donate, personal health benefits aside...haha.

Does it matter if you're on a cycle when you give blood? Started a cycle less than a week ago. I'm assuming it's totally fine but thought it is worth asking! Thanks fellas.

Last edited:
Well, you've convinced me. Booked for later today after reading this post. I'm interested to see these absurd questions they will ask as well! I think Masonic Bodybuilder's post really put it over the top and made it a no brainer to donate, personal health benefits aside...haha.

Does it matter if you're on a cycle when you give blood? Started a cycle less than a week ago. I'm assuming it's totally fine but thought it is worth asking! Thanks fellas.
Yes you are totally fine to donate on cycle. They only take a pint and your blood concentration of aas will be diluted to a small fraction of what it was when administered to a recipient. There is absolutely no risk of problems donating on cycle unless you are using dirty syringes, needles, etc

Yes you are totally fine to donate on cycle. They only take a pint and your blood concentration of aas will be diluted to a small fraction of what it was when administered to a recipient. There is absolutely no risk of problems donating on cycle unless you are using dirty syringes, needles, etc

Do they ask you if you are taking anything, such as recreational drugs? Smoking weed shouldn't matter, right?

Giving blood has got to be the worst experience for me, i have good thick veins but ive donated twice in my entire life and it just freaks me out sitting inside a bonfils truck watching blood fill into bags. I literally almost passed out last time. This is why i try to steer clear of equipoise. A 16 gauge needle going into your arms is a lot different than a 23G needle in your glute. I can pin myself there without issues but good lord donating blood just isnt my thing. Half of my search history consist of "do i really have to donate on cycle". I think its very healthy and safe practice but i try to do it as little as possible. Not saying i will discontinue doing it, im just not like some guys that do it every 8-12 weeks.

Do they ask you if you are taking anything, such as recreational drugs? Smoking weed shouldn't matter, right?

I donated yesterday and they didn't ask about weed or any recreational drugs. Only needle drugs and the such. So as long as you aren't shooting heroin and have track marks, you should be fine! lol. That was my first time donating... joined the 6 minute club but I got real faint right at the end. Started seeing white dots and sweating. They flipped me in the chair, inverted, and I came back to my senses in 30 seconds or so feeling totally fine. Not much you can do about that I presume, can't control the pace at which the bloods drawn beyond maybe speeding it up even more by squeezing your fist. Probably has a lot to do with being the first time its been drawn in that kind of an amount as well. Definitely going to start doing this routinely. Was a bit of a coincidence yesterday...read this post and looked it up online and they just so happened to have a clinic that day right next to my work. gotta love it when a plan comes together.

I donated yesterday and they didn't ask about weed or any recreational drugs. Only needle drugs and the such. So as long as you aren't shooting heroin and have track marks, you should be fine! lol. That was my first time donating... joined the 6 minute club but I got real faint right at the end. Started seeing white dots and sweating. They flipped me in the chair, inverted, and I came back to my senses in 30 seconds or so feeling totally fine. Not much you can do about that I presume, can't control the pace at which the bloods drawn beyond maybe speeding it up even more by squeezing your fist. Probably has a lot to do with being the first time its been drawn in that kind of an amount as well. Definitely going to start doing this routinely. Was a bit of a coincidence yesterday...read this post and looked it up online and they just so happened to have a clinic that day right next to my work. gotta love it when a plan comes together.

Welcome to the six minute club SG. Some people faint, but its normal. You were probably a bit dehydrated, got up too fast, or your sugar level dropped slightly. Try drinking some fluids next time before donating. Water will do, but coconut water, o even a 710ml bottle of Gatorate diluted in water (50-50%) will help.

Welcome to the six minute club SG. Some people faint, but its normal. You were probably a bit dehydrated, got up too fast, or your sugar level dropped slightly. Try drinking some fluids next time before donating. Water will do, but coconut water, o even a 710ml bottle of Gatorate diluted in water (50-50%) will help.

What's strange is I was drinking a lot of water beforehand knowing I needed lots of fluids in me. Next time I'll grab some Gatorade for the day of and make sure to sip on that instead of water only, see if it helps. Thanks, Pete. Always full of good info!

Is there anything anyone can suggest for a type 1 diabetic? As far as I’m aware you aren’t aloud to give blood here in the U.K. if you are type 1. Are there any other safe and alternative ways of reducing RBC count?

Giving blood has got to be the worst experience for me, i have good thick veins but ive donated twice in my entire life and it just freaks me out sitting inside a bonfils truck watching blood fill into bags. I literally almost passed out last time. This is why i try to steer clear of equipoise. A 16 gauge needle going into your arms is a lot different than a 23G needle in your glute. I can pin myself there without issues but good lord donating blood just isnt my thing. Half of my search history consist of "do i really have to donate on cycle". I think its very healthy and safe practice but i try to do it as little as possible. Not saying i will discontinue doing it, im just not like some guys that do it every 8-12 weeks.

I'm with you. Last time I donated was back in August of last year and it felt like the old bag drove a nail into my arm, the pain was nasty for the entire time.

All I take now is 250-400mg of test wk and proviron ( not including PCt and aromison) so I"ll probably still donate once a year but I definitely hate it.

Is there anything anyone can suggest for a type 1 diabetic? As far as I’m aware you aren’t aloud to give blood here in the U.K. if you are type 1. Are there any other safe and alternative ways of reducing RBC count?

In Canada you are not allowed either. Look for a nurse, lab technician, phlebotomist or a Dr who would draw 1 pint from you and dispose of it. Don't try doing it yourself

Is there restrictions regarding a person with an std?

HIV+ people are not allowed per sure but best idea is give them a call and ask directly. The criteria changes often, for example men who had sex with other man were not allowed to donate blood in Canada. That is about to change

Just want to reenforce the concept of giving blood not only does it help other people in need, but in my case Im towards the end of a TEST DECA EQ cycle and my RBC was at 19.3 Not good.... 21 and you are to high for the red cross to take your blood plus it NOT HEALTHY... even if you are not on a cycle but are working out regularly it help clean your blood out and make new stuff... Plus I sleep like a baby after giving!!!

SO DAMMIT GO GIVE BLOOD BITCHES!!!

Were you getting any tension headaches? How was your blood pressure?

I'm with you. Last time I donated was back in August of last year and it felt like the old bag drove a nail into my arm, the pain was nasty for the entire time.

All I take now is 250-400mg of test wk and proviron ( not including PCt and aromison) so I"ll probably still donate once a year but I definitely hate it.

You can always ask the nurse to get your veins numb before donating. https://youtu.be/RTYB7mSMbDg

There was a comment earlier about high RBC and Red Cross not taking your blood. Lifesource (in the US, not sure if they have locations elsewhere) takes "double reds". I'm going tomorrow cuz of high RBC. Just wasn't sure if this info could help anyone else. http://www.lifesource.org/donate-bl...lifications/apheresis/double-red-blood-cells/

"A Double Red Blood Cell (2RBC) donation is an apheresis donation at LifeSource in which whole blood is withdrawn, red cells are separated and retained, and the remainder of the blood is returned to the donor. An apheresis donation safely removes two times the red blood cells that a traditional whole blood donation provides. Donors can donate double red blood cells every 16 weeks."

There was a comment earlier about high RBC and Red Cross not taking your blood. Lifesource (in the US, not sure if they have locations elsewhere) takes "double reds". I'm going tomorrow cuz of high RBC. Just wasn't sure if this info could help anyone else. http://www.lifesource.org/donate-bl...lifications/apheresis/double-red-blood-cells/

"A Double Red Blood Cell (2RBC) donation is an apheresis donation at LifeSource in which whole blood is withdrawn, red cells are separated and retained, and the remainder of the blood is returned to the donor. An apheresis donation safely removes two times the red blood cells that a traditional whole blood donation provides. Donors can donate double red blood cells every 16 weeks."

Double red blood cells is something I've done a few times. It can certainly be beneficial to those that are on the high end of RBC and what I'd recommend in those cases. My RBC has never really been high, but I've done it based on the need and request by the Red Cross. The only drawback is waiting twice the amount of time to be able to donate again, but it's something to consider for those that really need to bring their levels down quite a bit

Does anyone know if having high RBC can contribute to feeling lethargic or fatigued? This is my first donation and I read somewhere that it can. I'm just wondering if there will be a noticeable improvement. I've been feeling a bit fatigued lately, but I can't necessarily pin it on this. Could all be mental; I dunno. Could just be because I'm working out harder now and naturally need a little recovery time or an off day or something. When I started on TRT I noticed I had more energy and was able to give up caffeine but lately my ass has been dragging a bit and I went back to coffee for an AM pick up. ..but anyway back to the original question does anyone know if its a widely known/reported contributor?

Does anyone know if having high RBC can contribute to feeling lethargic or fatigued? This is my first donation and I read somewhere that it can. I'm just wondering if there will be a noticeable improvement. I've been feeling a bit fatigued lately, but I can't necessarily pin it on this. Could all be mental; I dunno. Could just be because I'm working out harder now and naturally need a little recovery time or an off day or something. When I started on TRT I noticed I had more energy and was able to give up caffeine but lately my ass has been dragging a bit and I went back to coffee for an AM pick up. ..but anyway back to the original question does anyone know if its a widely known/reported contributor?

Symptoms of polycythemia can vary widely. In some people with polycythemia, there may be no symptoms at all.
In secondary polycythemia, most of the symptoms are related to the underlying condition responsible for polycythemia.
Symptoms of polycythemia vera can be vague and quite general. Some of the important symptoms include:

I believe so, at least in my case. I recently got some blood work done.

RBC: 5.31 Ref range: 4.14-5.80
Hemoglobin: 16.4 Ref range: 13.0-17.7
Hematocrit: 49.6 Ref range: 37.5-51.0

I was getting some tension headaches & had been pretty lethargic & fatigued. My E2 was a bit lower than I like but not enough to make me feel so fatigued & lethargic af. I gave blood on Thursday & felt much much better on Friday and still feel great today. Getting some blood work done could help shed light on the issue but even if you don’t, donating blood isn’t a bad idea.

Top Bottom