napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Female log: First cutting cycle with gw/ostarine stack

You doing great GamerGrl, keep crushing it and showing you're brother up... haha!

Lovin your log too, so keep killing it! Remember, it's easy to get ahead of your self. I know in the past I've been so excited about the results I was getting from the stack I was running, that I would start contemplating future cycles.. ultimately losing focus and not really maximizing the task at hand.

So now I just take one step at a time.. day by day and it's been much easier for me to accomplish my goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks 9th Wonder! You're right...I'm focused, just can't help but get excited that I've got my 'game' back. I have long term goals with all of this, but right now I'm really happy all-around with how this is going and even though it's a short stack (haha!) it's a good one for someone new to it like me. I am superstitious however, so I should shut up with how well things are going. LOL I'm taking it day by day and at most right now - week by week. You should see the detailed weekly spread sheets I have to review how each week went. That's just me.

Superstitious or not, I do want this to be an honest log, good and bad, and I have the odd day I'm a little tired or feeling run down but that's from life and what I'd consider normal. My energy is night and day compared to pre-cycle. I can honestly say my other reasons (as stated in the beginning of this log) for trying this out are proving positive as well. Far beyond just in the gym. :)

WEEK 4 - DOWN

Well...as said an honest log and this past week not so good. Trained 2x this week. Came down with a really bad ear/sinus infection. Not cool!!! So I'm not happy about it and have been pretty sick since Friday and it's dragged into my week 5 today.

Macros/Cals not on point because of being sick and drinking water, but it tastes terrible so I've had some juice watered down just to flush out my system. Lots of tea, bone broth. Protein is not high enough, etc. Grrrr...

So for obvious reasons my check-in points on energy, strength, etc. will not reflect great and not worth reporting on. The two days I was able to train was OK, but I could tell something was up and I was getting sick, my energy wasn't as good.

The positive, I did still push as best I could those two days and I did two (20 min.) sessions of HIIT simple to cut down the time at the gym and pushed through.

I contemplated dragging myself to the gym last night and tonight, but you can sometimes tell if you're going to set yourself further back verses just 'push through'. Right now, I think I made the right choice. That being said, tomorrow I plan to get back and see how much I can do. Not losing faith - not giving up - still positive about this cycle - just ticked off to be side-lined for nearly 5 days.

Wish me healthy luck for tomorrow!! Happy New Year everyone!

Hang in there, it gets disappointing missing time but in the end all we have is time. It's about longevity, when you feel better get back in there and kill it!! Happy New Year.

WEEK 4 - DOWN

Well...as said an honest log and this past week not so good. Trained 2x this week. Came down with a really bad ear/sinus infection. Not cool!!! So I'm not happy about it and have been pretty sick since Friday and it's dragged into my week 5 today.

Macros/Cals not on point because of being sick and drinking water, but it tastes terrible so I've had some juice watered down just to flush out my system. Lots of tea, bone broth. Protein is not high enough, etc. Grrrr...

So for obvious reasons my check-in points on energy, strength, etc. will not reflect great and not worth reporting on. The two days I was able to train was OK, but I could tell something was up and I was getting sick, my energy wasn't as good.

The positive, I did still push as best I could those two days and I did two (20 min.) sessions of HIIT simple to cut down the time at the gym and pushed through.

I contemplated dragging myself to the gym last night and tonight, but you can sometimes tell if you're going to set yourself further back verses just 'push through'. Right now, I think I made the right choice. That being said, tomorrow I plan to get back and see how much I can do. Not losing faith - not giving up - still positive about this cycle - just ticked off to be side-lined for nearly 5 days.

Wish me healthy luck for tomorrow!! Happy New Year everyone!

That sucks that you got sick, but it happens to us all at one point or another. I have no doubt that you will rebound off of that sickness and make some stellar progress and get everything dialed back in where it needs to be.

I see some great things for you coming in the next week

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

are you feeling better... i hate when that happens during a cycle especially... i truly hope you got some rest and are feeling back to normal... rest is imperative when your not feeling well or you are just delaying and hindering recovery and also extending the time to feel 100%

Have you thought about doing isometrics while not in the gym? When I took my bad estrogen hit and was laid up for 4 weeks, I started doing isometrics, and when I hit the weights again, I only lost in muscle tone and no strength loss.

WEEK 5 DOWN

Hello Everyone! Thanks for the well wishes...I am feeling better and have been back at it. I feel like within a 14 day time frame I only had 5-6 good days - but so it goes. I didn't get my email notifications like I normally do so had no idea you all had responded since I hadn't been online for a bit!! Thanks. :)

A slightly different update to my regular template as things were a little wonky being sick with the ear/sinus infection.

I kept taking both GW and Osta while sick. I don't know if this was a good idea/bad/indifferent. And I didn't bother asking on here because everyday I thought I'd be back at it but wasn't...anyway - that's what I did.

I took measurements and weight earlier this week when I was unable to train. I was down 2 1/2 inches overall but up 4 lbs...seriously hate the scale. (I know I should ignore it but I still jump on it even for the curiosity of what water/salt intake etc. is doing. And I want it to move down!) I'm taking pictures and I know I'm not gaining fat though. Absolutely no way.

When I went back to the gym the first day was hard. Can't lie. Then the following day I killed it with a new shoulder workout for 75 minutes followed by a 10 mile HIIT spinning session. Not sure where that energy and strength came from but was impressed and glad to have it back. I kept wanting to lift heavier as the time progressed in the workout (like how things were going from the start).

About 3 hours later my shoulders and body killed and I could tell I sorta hurt my neck just in one move. I slept crappy because of it but knew it was for a good cause lol. Today still hurting and feeling a little 'over-trained'. Which sounds ridiculous because I haven't been at the gym more than 5 times in the last 14 days.

Today was going to be leg day but ended up being a 3 mile run. Still feeling the muscle fatigue and will pull back (or try) on lifting time to 60 min. and up the cardio. But it's hard to stop when you do have all this amazing strength while you're in it!

I'm questing my nutrition a little and I start over-thinking macros. I wonder if I should dial back carbs (120g-150g averaging) (I visualize Dylan's hand coming through the screen to hit me on the back of the head. lol) BUT I'm just curious about a little shift by ways of slightly more fat and less grain and trying to add more vegetables. My fat avg is 30-40g/day.

Reason #2 for wanting to up my healthy fat intake is I've had more hair shedding in the shower and it's not lack of protein. I don't think it can be too low calorie. Unless it's just shock of the heavy training and lifestyle change as of 5-6 weeks ago and it's showing up the past 2 weeks. I've also had a little bit of a breakout on my back and around my neck and I'm lucky that acne or anything like that has never been an issue for me. Not sure if it can be an issue with the Osta. The little bit of breakout is worth the sacrifice to the other benefits though.

I'd really like to see what the last 7 weeks can do in terms of amping up the leaning out. Recomp looks great but I'd like to shed some of the fat faster (if possible) without messing up progress. Any suggestions? I realize it's early, I sound impatient! I love lifting heavy but I'd like to see if the body fat can drop any faster by manipulating my diet and/or changing my training a little.

Have you thought about doing isometrics while not in the gym? When I took my bad estrogen hit and was laid up for 4 weeks, I started doing isometrics, and when I hit the weights again, I only lost in muscle tone and no strength loss.

I tried doing a little of that, but was pretty much down for the count. Luckily I don't think I lost strength and truthfully don't think I lost muscle tone either. :)

Had another great workout. Glute focus with Legs today and upped my weight in leg press, smith lunge and a kick back machine (different than the donkey press but same idea)...did deadlifts that I still don't love and my favourite sumo squats with a heavy weight on a bosu ball. Great for balance! Plus was able to add a few reps even with the added weight! I did a shorter 20 min. cardio session afterward just to burn out the legs. Went back for a second workout for an extra 30 minute cardio session and a short 22 min. Yoga session. That helped stretch the legs (needed). When I got home I started to feel the leg workout. Hopefully I can walk tomorrow! lol

I would agree that the GW and MK2866 can make you think over-training isn't an issue because your energy and strength is so great - I'm trying to pay attention to that but so tempting to ignore it.

Bi's and Tri's tomorrow!

WEEK 5 DOWN

Hello Everyone! Thanks for the well wishes...I am feeling better and have been back at it. I feel like within a 14 day time frame I only had 5-6 good days - but so it goes. I didn't get my email notifications like I normally do so had no idea you all had responded since I hadn't been online for a bit!! Thanks. :)

A slightly different update to my regular template as things were a little wonky being sick with the ear/sinus infection.

I kept taking both GW and Osta while sick. I don't know if this was a good idea/bad/indifferent. And I didn't bother asking on here because everyday I thought I'd be back at it but wasn't...anyway - that's what I did.

I took measurements and weight earlier this week when I was unable to train. I was down 2 1/2 inches overall but up 4 lbs...seriously hate the scale. (I know I should ignore it but I still jump on it even for the curiosity of what water/salt intake etc. is doing. And I want it to move down!) I'm taking pictures and I know I'm not gaining fat though. Absolutely no way.

When I went back to the gym the first day was hard. Can't lie. Then the following day I killed it with a new shoulder workout for 75 minutes followed by a 10 mile HIIT spinning session. Not sure where that energy and strength came from but was impressed and glad to have it back. I kept wanting to lift heavier as the time progressed in the workout (like how things were going from the start).

About 3 hours later my shoulders and body killed and I could tell I sorta hurt my neck just in one move. I slept crappy because of it but knew it was for a good cause lol. Today still hurting and feeling a little 'over-trained'. Which sounds ridiculous because I haven't been at the gym more than 5 times in the last 14 days.

Today was going to be leg day but ended up being a 3 mile run. Still feeling the muscle fatigue and will pull back (or try) on lifting time to 60 min. and up the cardio. But it's hard to stop when you do have all this amazing strength while you're in it!

I'm questing my nutrition a little and I start over-thinking macros. I wonder if I should dial back carbs (120g-150g averaging) (I visualize Dylan's hand coming through the screen to hit me on the back of the head. lol) BUT I'm just curious about a little shift by ways of slightly more fat and less grain and trying to add more vegetables. My fat avg is 30-40g/day.

Reason #2 for wanting to up my healthy fat intake is I've had more hair shedding in the shower and it's not lack of protein. I don't think it can be too low calorie. Unless it's just shock of the heavy training and lifestyle change as of 5-6 weeks ago and it's showing up the past 2 weeks. I've also had a little bit of a breakout on my back and around my neck and I'm lucky that acne or anything like that has never been an issue for me. Not sure if it can be an issue with the Osta. The little bit of breakout is worth the sacrifice to the other benefits though.

I'd really like to see what the last 7 weeks can do in terms of amping up the leaning out. Recomp looks great but I'd like to shed some of the fat faster (if possible) without messing up progress. Any suggestions? I realize it's early, I sound impatient! I love lifting heavy but I'd like to see if the body fat can drop any faster by manipulating my diet and/or changing my training a little.

You're doing great. Actually females tend to do better with a little higher good fats and less carbs. I think this would be a good move to lower carbs and increase fats slightly.
Don't look at the scale lol. I had a great drop in body fat however my weight never moved. Now I refuse to look at a scale. Kee pushing!

I don't know if we talked about it or not but do you have any thyroid issues? hair loss with sarms shouldn't be happening. do you have any other signs or symptoms of thyroid issues. the reason I ask is that my wife had some hair loss with her thyroid issue.

here's a video for you to watch i did on overtraining... it should give you some added insight... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVbT4P9Y5rY

Brilliant. Thank you! I don't know how I missed this video. I see the signs slowly starting and I've done it before when I was in the best shape of my life. I've been so excited about the added energy and strength after such a long down time that I'm sabotaging myself in a few areas by having an all or nothing attitude but I can re-adjust.

I am going to start doing Smith Machine Bulgarian split squats (I think that's what your doing with the smith machine lunge) this week, changing the routine up a bit!

Glad your back at it! I am so lucky I didn't get sick at all during my cycle, and during the November/December months everyone around me was sick, I got lucky somehow!

You still have so much time on cycle, I am very excited to see what you do with these next 7 weeks or so!

Yes, I do the Bulgarian split squats and then there's another just wide stance lunge for building the booty shelf. lol Your progress pics are great, amazing work. How are you measuring your BF% Callipers, dunk tank or other method?

I don't know if we talked about it or not but do you have any thyroid issues? hair loss with sarms shouldn't be happening. do you have any other signs or symptoms of thyroid issues. the reason I ask is that my wife had some hair loss with her thyroid issue.

I do have thyroid issues, yes. Hashimoto. It's autoimmune. (usually always in hypo) But had my #'s checked 2 weeks into the stack and coincidence or not, they were the best they'd been in 7 years! So not hypothyroid right now (or at that time of blood work)...however, my TSH was lower than it has been in a long time so that could be doing something with hair because it dropped dramatically. I take a very low dose of cytomel (T3) and have to monitor it by symptoms of energy, temp, etc. I do know the thyroid messes with hair but usually it's been when I'm hypothyroid and fatigue with the cold limbs. That isn't a problem lately. I know s arms aren't to be androgenic - so probably unrelated. The mini-case of acne (I mean not much but I never have any) was out of character and has never been related to thyroid stuff with me.

You're doing great. Actually females tend to do better with a little higher good fats and less carbs. I think this would be a good move to lower carbs and increase fats slightly.
Don't look at the scale lol. I had a great drop in body fat however my weight never moved. Now I refuse to look at a scale. Kee pushing!

Thanks, MissBizz! I'm trying. Yup, I need to do some shifting of things with the macros. Nothing dramatic. Looking to decrease my carbs from the 120-150 variation range to 70-100 (two days around the 100 for leg day and eating them post-workout) Fat up to 60-70g I believe is what it's coming out to. So Cals around 1450. My appetite has increased the past 2 or so weeks. I've been eating higher calories closer to 1500-1600 (but with the original split in macros). This has definitely helped with gains and I see the muscle and size, actually. I had a few people who hadn't seen me say I was looking 'strong and big' not in an offensive way, but enough for me to know my shoulders and arms are filling out.

I have a history of putting on muscle fast and with the Ostarine that much faster! Which is amazing and I love the strength but I'm feeling a little bulky. I carry weight in my upper arms even when leaner. I'm going to shift to more of a circuit style lifting style with higher rep/medium weight for a few weeks and see if things shift a little. I'm making some changes after reviewing my logs tonight.

And yes, OK! I will try very hard to not look at the scale. I'll dial it back to once a week? lol

OK - I am back and ready to get this log started.

I mentioned I’d keep a log from the female perspective with a GW + Ostarine stack. Everything arrived in good time and I’ve needed to wait to this week to be organized enough to get started. The past 4-6 weeks I was hit with a horrible Hypothyroid and then endo flare that left me flat, exhausted and sick, for the most part. If you find my other post you will get a little more background, but current stats:

Female 5’4” 153-155 starting weight and guessing the 30% + BF area. Fat! This is a personal low for me from all areas of health, wellness and physical endurance/stamina. Not to mention the reflection in the mirror.

How I Got To Fat: 20% lazy, 20% initial foot injury followed by 60% illness/surgery/recovery the past 2 years.

History of training hard for 15 years prior to getting ill.

As said, this is my first time trying SARMS and GW

These are my goals for the first 12 weeks on the GW/Ostarine stack:

1) Fat loss (obviously)
2) Retain muscle (Not Bulk at this time.)
3) Gain back strength/endurance
4) Overall health/wellbeing
5) Beginning of Re-comp

I will measure results by:

Scale weight
Waist trimmer
measurements weekly or biweekly
photos every 1-2 weeks
Keeping a food/training log
Logging how I feel/physical symptoms, inflammation up/down, etc.

I would love to get down 15lbs of scale weight and several inches - I am going to try not be too female, however, and judge success only on scale weight. I assume I will have newbie gains from lifting again after such a long time off. This is fine with me, but cutting fat is first priority for now vs building a lot of muscle.

Why a GW/Ostarine stack so soon?

While some may argue or suggest get your diet and training back on point for a 3-6 month time and THEN add a stack, my reasoning has to do with more than the gains in the gym.

- Fighting Hashimoto (Hypothyroid symptoms dominant)
- Stage 3 Endometriosis (not a death sentence but a buzz kill on quality of life due to a host of symptoms)

I fight fatigue and have a shitty immune system on a clean, low inflammatory diet, blahblahblah…so I wanted to experiment on myself after researching/reading/watching mostly the info posted by Dylan (again, Thank you!) and a few other outside resources.

With very little help from GPs and Specialist Docs outside of offering strong pain meds and BC pills that just make things worse and I refuse to take - I needed to find something outside western medicine’s typical bandaid box. (No, I’m not a doctor, this is my own trial and error from my personal experience.)

My hopes are to have more energy to get my workouts in consistently.

Last 10 days - I have RE-STARTED 5 mcg of cytomel (T3) for my THYROID, not for fat loss. (It did nothing for me in the area of fat loss a few months back when I tried it and then tapered off it because I wasn't liking it)

I had a big difference in energy/brain fog lifting, etc. within 48 hrs of restarting the dose. However, no major changes in stamina to put in a good workout. Perhaps prior the dose was too high. Right now 5 mcg seems fine.

No other medications.

I will write my diet/training plan in next post. I’m re-jigging it. In the past I have been successful with close to a 33% split in macros, with lower GI carbs and getting them mostly from veggies and some fruit. (limit grain/bread) I have tried Keto with not great results for fat loss, but a lot of strength improvement. I also retained a lot of water on it? I’d lose appetite on this diet quickly from all the fat and have trouble getting enough cals in, then just crave the sugar/carbs missing and it would backfire on re-feed day. I don’t plan to do this type of diet. I am thinking 1g protein/goal weight (130g) and figure out a split leftover for fat/carbs.

I do struggle with finding the right calorie range for fat loss. I’m thinking 1300-1500…the scale jumps around so much for me it’s been very hard to know what true maintenance is and I know it has changed in the past few years with the thyroid issues. It will also depend on my training.

Most likely first 2 weeks of training will be a 4 day split of compound training in the 8-12 rep range/3-4 sets followed by cardio. Then a second LISS cardio session 3-4 times a week because I am sedentary throughout the day outside of workouts. After the 2 weeks, I will want to incorporate higher volume, metabolic training with some heavier lifting days to keep my bod guessing. This is in hopes my stamina is better.

Any input is welcome.

Hello
Thanks for sharing this log.
I am going to follow it and hoping for good results.

Top Bottom