napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Diet and Nutrition basics 101

Thanks RickRock, I just learned so much from reading this post. Im definitely going to try n figure my intake to gain for a ectomorphis with ur xs my weight with 16-17lbs. I have been eating like mad and writing it all down, now I will checkout fitday and add all my food intake for past 4 days. Should be interesting to see if Im in the range I need be to obtain my goals, I was 179lbs and Im 5'11" I would like to be 195lbs by christmas. Once again thanks Rock.
Glad you found it useful brother

Hello there, i have a quick question. Im having huge issues with my diet. Im trying to cut down atm and even tho im in a calorie deficit i am bloated like a balloon after my 3rd or 4th meal. What i've done different this time around is to bump my protein at 1.5 / pound of bw. On my previous cycles and in general when i used to be natty i had it at 1g / pound. My question is would running protein at 1g / pound hinder my progress in the gym and would i make less gains ? I literally feel like shit, sick and bloated after 3/4 meals with high protein. Im 190 lbs,15%bf,5 11 tall. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello there, i have a quick question. Im having huge issues with my diet. Im trying to cut down atm and even tho im in a calorie deficit i am bloated like a balloon after my 3rd or 4th meal. What i've done different this time around is to bump my protein at 1.5 / pound of bw. On my previous cycles and in general when i used to be natty i had it at 1g / pound. My question is would running protein at 1g / pound hinder my progress in the gym and would i make less gains ? I literally feel like shit, sick and bloated after 3/4 meals with high protein. Im 190 lbs,15%bf,5 11 tall. Any help would be much appreciated.

What food source have you used when upping protein?

What food source have you used when upping protein?

Meal 1 is oatmeal + whey and peanut butter or almonds and some mix berries
Meal 2 (preworkout) is 3 egg whites 2 whole eggs with turkey bacon and 40g of rice cakes
Meal 3 (postworkout) 2 scoops of whey and a banana
Meal 4 chicken breast with veggies
Meal 5 lean fish with veggies and some greek yogurt
Meal 6 cottage cheese

To sum it all up 285p 140c 60f

Tried to switch carb sources and everyday is the same. Its not the carbs that bloat me cause i didnt have issues when i had 1g/lb of protein and 250+ carbs a day nor when i dieted with keto.

Last edited:
Ok what I meant was when you upped the protein what did you add in to go from 1 to 1.5g, in other words did you achieve the increase by adding in the whey or did you just increase the number / size of meals in general.

Ok what I meant was when you upped the protein what did you add in to go from 1 to 1.5g, in other words did you achieve the increase by adding in the whey or did you just increase the number / size of meals in general.

Just the number/size of the meals.

1g per pound is the minimum I recommend, and if 1.5g is getting too hard for you...i would suggest meeting in the middle and try for around 1.2g per pound

Meal 1 is oatmeal + whey and peanut butter or almonds and some mix berries
Meal 2 (preworkout) is 3 egg whites 2 whole eggs with turkey bacon and 40g of rice cakes
Meal 3 (postworkout) 2 scoops of whey and a banana
Meal 4 chicken breast with veggies
Meal 5 lean fish with veggies and some greek yogurt
Meal 6 cottage cheese

To sum it all up 285p 140c 60f

Tried to switch carb sources and everyday is the same. Its not the carbs that bloat me cause i didnt have issues when i had 1g/lb of protein and 250+ carbs a day nor when i dieted with keto.

are the carbs too light there or is that by design?

1g per pound is the minimum I recommend, and if 1.5g is getting too hard for you...i would suggest meeting in the middle and try for around 1.2g per pound

The whole protein thing gets confusing to many. Some say 1gr per lb of bodyweoeight others say 1g per lb of lean bodyweight. Then there are the sources that use kg where its 1 gram per kilo gram of bodyweight. People gain muscle and build nice physiques without 1 gram per lb as I know a vegan bodybuilder ( talk about ironic ) but I always tell people 1 gram per lb will never hurt anything in a normal healthy person.

meal replacements and protein

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone uses MRP these days. Back in my early days I used perfect rx 3 times per day and got good results ( just as an FYI I trained from 19-23 got in decent shape about 215 with 8% bodyfat) good hooked on rodeo and totally did not have time for training because of travel and practice. Of course I also started eating junk and drinking beer. Anyway after gaining way too much weight and working at a sit on my tail job for several years when I hit 380 I figured time to do something to say my life and got back to the gym.

Since I have been back I have only used protein powder at typically twice per day with a shot or shot and a half or protein usually between 30-45 grams per serving.

Is whey ok to use all the time or do I need some casein as well? I have just been using whey now. I know that mrp usually have a blend.

Thoughts on MRP or protein powders?

Also what are some good ones people take?

I have a buddy who gets me dealer cost on some stuff so I use EAS, nutrakey, Isopure, man sports depending on whats on sale or has a buy 5 get one type offer.

As usually thanks all. I know some say "use food" I will be the first to admit I am lazy and without mrp or protein staying on diet is very tough for me. Since they worked before I figured they are worth a try. Then again I used phosphgen, V2g and gkk ( vanadyl sulfate, creatine, and glutamine) and they seemed to work well just not as good as sarms. Damn wish I had them back then

Hey there, i've been on 1.2g protein/lbs like you said for the past weeks, i've gained 6 pounds and my strenght keeps going up even tho i'm on 2k calories a day. I'm doing PPL twice a week and 4 times LISS cardio 20 minutes after each push/pull session. How am i not dropping weight at all? Waist stays relatively the same while chest and arms got bigger. It's my first time trying to cut while on test/tren and i had better results while off them which is kinda weird. I'm at 196 pounds atm.

Hey there, i've been on 1.2g protein/lbs like you said for the past weeks, i've gained 6 pounds and my strenght keeps going up even tho i'm on 2k calories a day. I'm doing PPL twice a week and 4 times LISS cardio 20 minutes after each push/pull session. How am i not dropping weight at all? Waist stays relatively the same while chest and arms got bigger. It's my first time trying to cut while on test/tren and i had better results while off them which is kinda weird. I'm at 196 pounds atm.
Sounds like you are recomping to me, which means you are dropping fat. That is common on tren. Don't put so much stock in the scale. It doesn't mean shit. Watch the mirror

Sounds like you are recomping to me, which means you are dropping fat. That is common on tren. Don't put so much stock in the scale. It doesn't mean shit. Watch the mirror

Will do that.So should i keep doing the same thing or drop calories even lower ?

What was your bmr again? Also how many grams of carbs are you having a day. Could be why gaining and not dropping fat and quickly as you like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom