Dexa Scan Results, critique diet and realistic goals

emperor

Hi Everyone

I hope you are all doing well.
Stats
age 29
weight 219
ht 6'1

I have lost about 40lb so far and kept/gained muscle.

I took the dexa scan today thinking i was probably at 21/22% body fat.The machine said i was 29% body fat. Not gonna lie i am pretty bummed. i was hoping to cut down to 12-15% by end of september. I did not take a dexa reading before going on a cut so who knows how much i was before.
How accurate is dexa scan?

Next question is. I will be using Sarms Tripple stack in a few weeks to enhance my fat loss and keeping my gains. Just in case the dexa scan is accurate is it possible to cut down to 12-15% in 3-4 months.

My workouts
5-6 days a week
1 muscle group a day
1 hr elliptical cardio

Diet
I take my weight multiply by 10.
What i ate yesterday.
250 grams of protein
130 grams of carbs
60 grams of fat

Breakfast
3 scoops of whey protein
1 cup oats

Post workout
2 scoops whey

Lunch
8 oz Beef
1 cup broccoli
.5 tbs olive oil

Dinner
Same as lunch

Thank you

I'm guessing you should be at a 2500 cal diet if your trying to maintain your weight. Here is what I ate for 2500 cal diet
BREAKFAST 8 EGG WHITES 1 WHOLE EGG
1/2 CUP UNCOOKED OATS
TOTAL 41 PROTEIN 27 CARB 8 FAT 365 CALORIES
MID-MORNING
1 TBSP NATURAL PEANUT/ALMOND BUTTER
2 SLICES WHEAT BREAD
8-10 STRAWBERRIES
TOTAL 11 PROTEIN 42 CARB 10 FAT 294 CALORIES
LUNCH 5 OZ CHICKEN
7 OZ SWEET POTATO (SKINNED)
1 CUP BROCCOLI 2 TSP OLIVE OIL
TOTAL 51 PROTEIN 47 CARB 14 FAT 527 CALORIES
MID DAY 5 OZ CHICKEN
1 CUP COOKED BROWN RICE
3 CUPS SPINACH/MIXED GREENS
5-6 SLICES AVOCADO
TOTAL 53 PROTEIN 53 CARB 13 FAT 543 CALORIES
DINNER 6 OZ TILAPIA OR WHITE FISH
1/3 CUP COOKED BROWN RICE
1 CUP MIXED VEGETABLES
DAILY TOTAL 256 PROTEIN 224 CARBS 55 FAT
2475 CALORIES

emperor said:
Hi Everyone

Stats
age 29
weight 219
ht 6'1

I took the dexa scan today thinking i was probably at 21/22% body fat.The machine said i was 29% body fat. Not gonna lie i am pretty bummed. i was hoping to cut down to 12-15% by end of september. I did not take a dexa reading before going on a cut so who knows how much i was before.

Next question is. I will be using Sarms Tripple stack in a few weeks to enhance my fat loss and keeping my gains. Just in case the dexa scan is accurate is it possible to cut down to 12-15% in 3-4 months.

My workouts
5-6 days a week
1 muscle group a day
1 hr elliptical cardio

Diet
What i ate yesterday.
250 grams of protein
130 grams of carbs
60 grams of fat

Breakfast
3 scoops of whey protein
1 cup oats

Post workout
2 scoops whey

Lunch
8 oz Beef
1 cup broccoli
.5 tbs olive oil

Dinner
Same as lunch

Thank you

I wouldn't worry so much about numbers, but go more by what you see in the mirror. That is the best gauge to be honest. Don't let what the Deca scan says get you down. As for what you want to do, you can definitely cut down to 15% or so in 3 to 4 months with everything in check. A good rate of fat loss is about 1.5-2 lbs per week. I wouldn't exceed that. I think your macros look ok, But I'd like to see more lean meats and egg whites, etc in there rather than whey. Also beef isn't the best option because of fat content.mtry getting in more chicken breast, fish or turkey instead. I don't see any carbs in there besides the oats in the morning. You must be counting the fibrous carbs from broccoli in your total.

Childsplay said:
I'm guessing you should be at a 2500 cal diet if your trying to maintain your weight. Here is what I ate for 2500 cal diet
BREAKFAST 8 EGG WHITES 1 WHOLE EGG
1/2 CUP UNCOOKED OATS
TOTAL 41 PROTEIN 27 CARB 8 FAT 365 CALORIES
MID-MORNING
1 TBSP NATURAL PEANUT/ALMOND BUTTER
2 SLICES WHEAT BREAD
8-10 STRAWBERRIES
TOTAL 11 PROTEIN 42 CARB 10 FAT 294 CALORIES
LUNCH 5 OZ CHICKEN
7 OZ SWEET POTATO (SKINNED)
1 CUP BROCCOLI 2 TSP OLIVE OIL
TOTAL 51 PROTEIN 47 CARB 14 FAT 527 CALORIES
MID DAY 5 OZ CHICKEN
1 CUP COOKED BROWN RICE
3 CUPS SPINACH/MIXED GREENS
5-6 SLICES AVOCADO
TOTAL 53 PROTEIN 53 CARB 13 FAT 543 CALORIES
DINNER 6 OZ TILAPIA OR WHITE FISH
1/3 CUP COOKED BROWN RICE
1 CUP MIXED VEGETABLES
DAILY TOTAL 256 PROTEIN 224 CARBS 55 FAT
2475 CALORIES

Thank you for your response.

this menu does help. Forgive my ignorance but why should i eat 2500 calories instead of going by my weight * 10

RickRock said:
emperor said:
Hi Everyone

Stats
age 29
weight 219
ht 6'1

My workouts
5-6 days a week
1 muscle group a day
1 hr elliptical cardio

Diet
What i ate yesterday.
250 grams of protein
130 grams of carbs
60 grams of fat

Breakfast
3 scoops of whey protein
1 cup oats

Post workout
2 scoops whey

Lunch
8 oz Beef
1 cup broccoli
.5 tbs olive oil

Dinner
Same as lunch

Thank you

I wouldn't worry so much about numbers, but go more by what you see in the mirror. That is the best gauge to be honest. Don't let what the Deca scan says get you down. As for what you want to do, you can definitely cut down to 15% or so in 3 to 4 months with everything in check. A good rate of fat loss is about 1.5-2 lbs per week. I wouldn't exceed that. I think your macros look ok, But I'd like to see more lean meats and egg whites, etc in there rather than whey. Also beef isn't the best option because of fat content.mtry getting in more chicken breast, fish or turkey instead. I don't see any carbs in there besides the oats in the morning. You must be counting the fibrous carbs from broccoli in your total.

Thank you for your prompt response and the kind words regarding the dexa scan results. I will keep my head up for sure.

That is true the carbs i counted are oats, broccoli and also the protein shakes have some carbs in them.

I probably should change up what i eat in terms of adding more lean proteins instead of shakes. It is just more convenient. Also adding chicken and fish.

Do you suggest me keeping my weight * 10 = calories or is their a more scientific approach that would lead to better for fatloss/keeping muscle?

emperor said:
RickRock said:
emperor said:
Hi Everyone

Stats
age 29
weight 219
ht 6'1

My workouts
5-6 days a week
1 muscle group a day
1 hr elliptical cardio

Diet
What i ate yesterday.
250 grams of protein
130 grams of carbs
60 grams of fat

Breakfast
3 scoops of whey protein
1 cup oats

Post workout
2 scoops whey

Lunch
8 oz Beef
1 cup broccoli
.5 tbs olive oil

Dinner
Same as lunch

Thank you

Thank you for your prompt response and the kind words regarding the dexa scan results. I will keep my head up for sure.

That is true the carbs i counted are oats, broccoli and also the protein shakes have some carbs in them.

I probably should change up what i eat in terms of adding more lean proteins instead of shakes. It is just more convenient. Also adding chicken and fish.

Do you suggest me keeping my weight * 10 = calories or is their a more scientific approach that would lead to better for fatloss/keeping muscle?

Your weight times 10 right now is around 2200 calories a day. The main thing is to maintain that rate of fat loss that I mentioned. What caloric number it takes to achieve that is very individual specific. You don't want to be too high in calories, and you don't want to be too low either, or you will stall your metabolism too early. You can start at anywhere from 2200-2500 calories and assess that after a week or two. If your rate is spot on, leave it alone. If it is too little, you need to drop your numbers a bit. If you drop too much weight, increase it a little. You'll just have to find your own sweet spot. Calorie expenditure from exercise and cardio impacts this as well

RickRock said:
emperor said:
RickRock said:
emperor said:
Hi Everyone

Stats
age 29
weight 219
ht 6'1

My workouts
5-6 days a week
1 muscle group a day
1 hr elliptical cardio

Diet
What i ate yesterday.
250 grams of protein
130 grams of carbs
60 grams of fat

Breakfast
3 scoops of whey protein
1 cup oats

Post workout
2 scoops whey

Lunch
8 oz Beef
1 cup broccoli
.5 tbs olive oil

Dinner
Same as lunch

Thank you

Your weight times 10 right now is around 2200 calories a day. The main thing is to maintain that rate of fat loss that I mentioned. What caloric number it takes to achieve that is very individual specific. You don't want to be too high in calories, and you don't want to be too low either, or you will stall your metabolism too early. You can start at anywhere from 2200-2500 calories and assess that after a week or two. If your rate is spot on, leave it alone. If it is too little, you need to drop your numbers a bit. If you drop too much weight, increase it a little. You'll just have to find your own sweet spot. Calorie expenditure from exercise and cardio impacts this as well

Got it that makes sense.

RickRock said:
emperor said:
RickRock said:
emperor said:
Hi Everyone

Stats
age 29
weight 219
ht 6'1

My workouts
5-6 days a week
1 muscle group a day
1 hr elliptical cardio

Diet
What i ate yesterday.
250 grams of protein
130 grams of carbs
60 grams of fat

Breakfast
3 scoops of whey protein
1 cup oats

Post workout
2 scoops whey

Lunch
8 oz Beef
1 cup broccoli
.5 tbs olive oil

Dinner
Same as lunch

Thank you

Yes your calories intake is specific to your needs . But your body needs the macro and micro nutrient that really is in food

I have the oats in the morning , but I put 3/4 cup eggwhites in it. Lunch is brocoli plus 2 cans tuna, diner brocoli and tuna , and chicken and some hardboiled eggs.
Snacks are some almond butter and sometimes a hanfull of mixed nuts. I use the powders when in a bind. Lately I have been in a hurry to run out of the house, so I put 1/2 cup powdered milk and 1/2 cup powder eggwhites. At some point I get water in there and drink that for brunch. I keep my bodyfat at 9-11%, with a 2000cal diet. One week I was mixing 1 qt eggwhite with 1 quart grapefruit juice and drink that from breakfast thru lunch. Loose about 1 lb/week and check the mirror.

drb_iac said:
I have the oats in the morning , but I put 3/4 cup eggwhites in it. Lunch is brocoli plus 2 cans tuna, diner brocoli and tuna , and chicken and some hardboiled eggs.
Snacks are some almond butter and sometimes a hanfull of mixed nuts. I use the powders when in a bind. Lately I have been in a hurry to run out of the house, so I put 1/2 cup powdered milk and 1/2 cup powder eggwhites. At some point I get water in there and drink that for brunch. I keep my bodyfat at 9-11%, with a 2000cal diet. One week I was mixing 1 qt eggwhite with 1 quart grapefruit juice and drink that from breakfast thru lunch. Loose about 1 lb/week and check the mirror.

Thank you for your response. This definitely give me ideas for improving my diet.

Top Bottom