napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Craft Beer

C

cbbram00

I have to say I love craft beer. I currently drink 2 IPAs (12 oz) every evening while relaxing before bed. The high concentration of hops helps me sleep and I enjoy the taste. However the alcohol content is usually anywhere from 7-10% which is fairly high.

How soon should I quit drinking before I start cycle? From what I've learned drinking alcohol on cycle is a no no...

Does anyone have an occasional beer or glass of wine while on cycle?

Re: RE: Craft Beer

cbbram said:
I have to say I love craft beer. I currently drink 2 IPAs (12 oz) every evening while relaxing before bed. The high concentration of hops helps me sleep and I enjoy the taste. However the alcohol content is usually anywhere from 7-10% which is fairly high.

How soon should I quit drinking before I start cycle? From what I've learned drinking alcohol on cycle is a no no...

Brother, I'll give you my honest opinion on this. A lot of guys will tell you NO DRINKING EVER ON CYCLE, and while I think it's a good idea to avoid alcohol which is somewhat counterproductive to your goals, we all like to live life, and are not professional bodybuilders.

I do not drink very often at all, but about once....sometimes twice a month, I will go out with the wife or some friends and enjoy some beers. I never drink a lot, but I do have a few. I don't put any thought into whether I'm on cycle or not. Its just part of me enjoying life. If you are practicing moderation similar to that, I don't see a problem. Just know what moderation is, and be sensible.

As for when to stop drinking, bloidwirk is the only way to tell you that, but I would encourage you to practice that same moderation off cycle as on, and start now.

And BTW, I love good craft beers and IPAs. Those are my beers of choice ;)

Re: RE: Re: RE: Craft Beer

RickRock said:
cbbram said:

Brother, I'll give you my honest opinion on this. A lot of guys will tell you NO DRINKING EVER ON CYCLE, and while I think it's a good idea to avoid alcohol which is somewhat counterproductive to your goals, we all like to live life, and are not professional bodybuilders.

I do not drink very often at all, but about once....sometimes twice a month, I will go out with the wife or some friends and enjoy some beers. I never drink a lot, but I do have a few. I don't put any thought into whether I'm on cycle or not. Its just part of me enjoying life. If you are practicing moderation similar to that, I don't see a problem. Just know what moderation is, and be sensible.

As for when to stop drinking, bloidwirk is the only way to tell you that, but I would encourage you to practice that same moderation off cycle as on, and start now.

And BTW, I love good craft beers and IPAs. Those are my beers of choice ;)
Yeah I think it's more of a lifestyle changes... Making those changes and living them... I'm getting there day by day...

Yall must be Yankees? IPA tastes like dogs ass. Nasty as hell! Lol. Budlite is the drink of champions! But seriously I drink whenever I want and its never affected me

Re: RE: Re: Craft Beer

cmb5017 said:
Yall must be Yankees? IPA tastes like dogs ass. Nasty as hell! Lol. Budlite is the drink of champions! But seriously I drink whenever I want and its never affected me
Lol... No I'm from Louisiana and I currently live in Texas. To each their own but Bud is a lager and I don't like it at all... Lol

cmb5017 said:
I'm from the Midwest, and only an hour and a half from the Budweiser plant. It's everywhere here, but I don't even like bud light, Miller light, or any pilsner or lager domestic anymore. To me they are watered down. I like IPAs and dark beers that actually have some flavors. I do a lot of local micro brews and things like that

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Craft Beer

RickRock said:
cmb5017 said:
I'm from the Midwest, and only an hour and a half from the Budweiser plant. It's everywhere here, but I don't even like bud light, Miller light, or any pilsner or lager domestic anymore. To me they are watered down. I like IPAs and dark beers that actually have some flavors. I do a lot of local micro brews and things like that
I lived in Chicago for about 5yrs when I was younger in my 20's. Awesome place to live.

Im from NC. Its odd how different cultures change across the states. U say Chicago is awesome. .I went once on business and I thought it was the dirtiest run down drug infested place ive ever been. Gray and dirty. Graffiti everywhere , bums n crackheads all in the alley burning barrels of trash..I never want to go back. Ive seen NY and D.C. but Chicago takes the cake! I ate at the chop house, it was good but not $100 for a steak! Bill was almost $400 for 3 of us! But it was on point though. Here only yuppies n yankees drink IPA. .we have our fill of liberals and oddballs in our bigger cities like Raleigh but they are transplants from out of state.. the rest if us are red blooded beer drinking test shooting gun toting Mericans! Lol. But being from Louisiana I assume u can relate? Especially if your a good ol Texan now...my ol lady is from OK...so I have nothing good to say about the Midwest! Lmao. .im joking fellas ;)

cmb5017 said:
Im from NC. Its odd how different cultures change across the states. U say Chicago is awesome. .I went once on business and I thought it was the dirtiest run down drug infested place ive ever been. Gray and dirty. Graffiti everywhere , bums n crackheads all in the alley burning barrels of trash..I never want to go back. Ive seen NY and D.C. but Chicago takes the cake! I ate at the chop house, it was good but not $100 for a steak! Bill was almost $400 for 3 of us! But it was on point though. Here only yuppies n yankees drink IPA. .we have our fill of liberals and oddballs in our bigger cities like Raleigh but they are transplants from out of state.. the rest if us are red blooded beer drinking test shooting gun toting Mericans! Lol. But being from Louisiana I assume u can relate? Especially if your a good ol Texan now...my ol lady is from OK...so I have nothing good to say about the Midwest! Lmao. .im joking fellas ;)
Trust me if it weren't for family and my job, I'd move out of the Midwest

cmb5017 said:
I agree Chicago has some rough parts of town but it's our 3rd largest city and it has some really great places and I still think it's awesome... but it wouldn't be my first choice for a place to live...

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Craft Beer

RickRock said:
cmb5017 said:
Trust me if it weren't for family and my job, I'd move out of the Midwest
San Diego would be my first choice and I'll probably move back there when my kids are older. I lived there for 6 years when I was in the Marines. It's just beautiful...

I love craft beer, and I also enjoy those brew your on beer kits. I usually only drink a few every couple of weeks though

FL1025 said:
I love craft beer, and I also enjoy those brew your on beer kits. I usually only drink a few every couple of weeks though
Yeah I'm in the process of cutting back right now... It's really hard because I really enjoy it. But I know drinking too often will only hinder progress...

cbbram said:
FL1025 said:
Yeah I'm in the process of cutting back right now... It's really hard because I really enjoy it. But I know drinking too often will only hinder progress...
Yea it can hinder your progress if you indulge too much. You can just include your drinking as part of a refeed meal or cheat meal every now and again

Well I haven't had a craft beer in 8 days... This is the longest I've gone since I started working out again. My cravings are pretty low so I think there might be light at the end of the tunnel. I think what finally made me see the light was I finally realized how many "empty" calories I was consuming.

cmb5017 said:

man, did you get a sh!tty taste of shytown than bud

everytime i travel, i lose about .5lbs a day, the food everywhere else just doesnt measure up. LA, NYC, & everywhere between. FLA is the worst tho.....wow

cmb5017 said:

Bud light? Thats fucking garbage! Anything made by Budweiser is shit. I don't drink anymore, but when I did, this Yank drank Sam Adams, and Harpoon. Real beer.

Top Bottom