napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Carmel Cowboy Transformation Log

Just wanted to post my nutrition plan, workout plan and my body fat. Had a 7 site skin fold measurement done by and experienced person and body fat was 11.66%. That seemed kind of low but is just a gauge to measure progress. Will take at same time and same protocol in 3-4 weeks.
The nutrition plan that I have found that works for me is to reassess and see if changes need to be made every 3 weeks. This scheme is alway subject to change based off the results I am getting and how I feel. Usually by the 3 week mark my body has become use to the scheme that I have set up and needs some changing. My goal is to recomp for these 12 weeks and I never think about preserving muscle while dieting but actually building muscle.
Weeks 1-3
Protein stays at 1 gram per pound of my intial weigh in. My morning dry weight is 234.5lbs. At the time of the pictures I was 239.8lbs and was a little later in the day and 3 meals. So my protein will remain at 235 grams per day for the 12 weeks
Unless my calories need to drop more and my carbs and fat are bottomed out which has never happened to me.
Carbs is the one macronutrient that I will make the most changes to throughout the 12 weeks. Before transformation contest I was eating approx 1.5 grams per pound of weight so for the first 3 weeks I am going start at 1 gram per pound of ideal weight not start weight. In first 3 weeks my goal is to lose 4.5-5lbs just cause the initial drop in carbs will be some water weight, but throughout 12 weeks I want to be between 1-2lbs of a loss per week. My carbs for first 3 weeks will be 230 grams in the first 5 meals.
The fat will fill the remaining calories to get to my goal of 2,917 calories which brings me to 116 grams per day.
My maintenance calories is 3,517 calories and in The begining I start at a 600 calorie deficit which brings me to 2,917 calories. Protein at 235 grams give me 940 calories, carbs at 230 grams gives me 920 calories, fat at 116 grams give me 1,044 calories. Totaling 2,904 calories for the day!

My food selection I like to keep simple so I see the effects it has on my body.
Protein sources: chicken breast, whole eggs and egg whites, 99%fat free ground turkey, pork loin, lean beef (1-2xs per week. Helps me to stay full), whey protein isolate, salmon.
Carb sources: brown rice, oatmeal (bob red mill), unprocessed wheat bran, sweet poatato, white rice.
Fat sources: extra virgin olive oil, avacado, raw unsalted almonds and will add fat from salmon.

My food selection I like to keep simple so I see the effects it has on my body.
Protein sources: chicken breast, whole eggs and egg whites, 99%fat free ground turkey, pork loin, lean beef (1-2xs per week. Helps me to stay full), whey protein isolate, salmon.
Carb sources: brown rice, oatmeal (bob red mill), unprocessed wheat bran, sweet poatato, white rice.
Fat sources: extra virgin olive oil, avacado, raw unsalted almonds and will add fat from salmon.

That's a strict diet. Simple is helpful though.

For my workouts I use the 3 week time frame as well. It helps with keeping the intensity to go along with my nutrients. Over the years I have learned that my body responds to heavy weights more then anything else. What I mean by heavy is 4-8 rep range. With injuries over the years I have to be careful with how often I go heavy, therefore I use several ways of changing my routine to increase intensity without always going heavy. I alternate between these options that have worked for me. 1) pre-exhaust 2) drop sets 3) supersets 4) what I call YoYo sets (just a drop set but the heavy set gets heavier each set). Normally I will pick one of the four to focus on for each workout over the week and pending how I feel may stick with it for up to 3 weeks.
Day 1 chest and calves
Day 2 back and abs
Day 3 hams and quads (always start with hamstring to get my knee completely warm)
Day 4 shoulders calves
Day 5 arms abs
Day 6 hams and quads
Day 7 off
Cardio- Monday, Wednesday, Friday going to start with 40 mins of steady state first thing in am with aminos prior.
Tuesday, Thursday 30 mins of steady state after weight training or after last meal pending work schedule. I always have 5 grams of leucine during and toward the tail end of weight training sessions.
My second split option is each body part 2xs a week.
Day 1 chest, triceps, abs (compound movements)
Day 2 shoulders, hams, quads, calves (compound movements)
Day 3 back, traps, biceps (compound movements)
Day 4 repeat day 1 (mostly single joint movements)
Day 5 repeat day 2 (mostly single joint movements)
Day 6 repeat day 3 (mostly single joint movements)
Second day is usually lighter in the 15-20 rep range
*first day of back workout is width exercises and second day is more rows and thickness

Nice log so far!! Over the years I "feel" pyramid sets make me hurt so good....lol So I'll alternate different exercises between super sets and pyramid sets week to week. Keep up the great work

PHARMACOM BOARD REP
please PM me for inquiries

Nice log so far!! Over the years I "feel" pyramid sets make me hurt so good....lol So I'll alternate different exercises between super sets and pyramid sets week to week. Keep up the great work

PHARMACOM BOARD REP
please PM me for inquiries

Pyramid sets are very good! Thanks for following bro!!

DAY 1- woke up at 6am had 2 scoops of aminos in 16oz of water then did 30 mins on the bike.
Meal 1- 3 whole eggs, 4 egg whites
1/2 cup of cooked oatmeal
1/4 cup of blueberries
1 cup of black coffee.
Vitamins- animal pak, fish oil, probiotic.
Meal 2- 2 scoops of whey isolate
10oz of almond breeze almond milk
1 medium sized banana
Meal 3- 6oz of flank steak
(Pre-workout) 4oz sweet potato
Will update the rest of the day and workout this evening.

Meal 4 post workout shake 2 scoops of whey protein isolate in 12oz of water
Meal 5 fourty five mins after shake. 6oz of chicken breast, 1 cup of white rice, 4 spears of asparagus.
Meal 6 5oz of flank steak, 1/2 cup chopped broccoli.

Workout was legs today. I always start with my joint rotations and then ride the bike for 10 mins.
Focus for this week is drop sets on my final heavy set.
1) adduction 3 sets 20reps
2) abduction 3 sets 20 reps
3) prone leg curl- (2 warm up sets 65lbs 20 reps 80lbs 20 reps) first work set 110lbsx15reps, second set 140x15reps, third set 155lbsx12reps, fourth set 170x8reps drop to 95lbsx15reps.
4) seated leg curl- 90lbsx20reps, 150lbsx15, 190lbsx15, 210lbsx12reps drop set 110lbsx20reps.
5) squats (knee was sore so stayed light and no drop set)135x10reps for 3 sets
6) leg press (stayed light) 495lbsx25 reps for 3 sets.
7) conventional deadlift 225lbsx10 reps for 3 sets.
Overall felt good today and motivated by this contest. I am going to use my log instead of my journal that I would normally write out my nutrition, workouts and any relative info like mental state and overall well being.

Top Bottom