napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Advice please? Lots of fat to lose!

I know what you mean about loving yourself, and your body. But it is really tough sometimes. But once again...I keep trying. I have been at a point in the past where I loved my workouts. I have a gym set up in my home, as it's over an hour drive to get to a town that has a gym. Anyway, I've been at a point where it's just me and my equipment and sweat and music, every day at 4 am. It gave me this tremendous feeling of accomplishment each day. Like...hey, nobody cares that I'm in here working til I've got nothing left, but I'm doing it anyway, for me. When I had that going, I looked and felt better than I have for about 20 years. I want to get that back. And I'm working on my home gym today! Doing some clean-up, a little rearranging and organization, making it a lil more inspiring. It's got to be my happy place! I'm planning to start tomorrow, so I'll start a log also. I could use some accountability for when the going gets tough!

accountability to yourself 1st and foremost, and we will be here for encouragement as well as a swift kick in the arse if you need it!!!!! but don't get discouraged if you hear words that you really don't want to hear, it may be cuz you need to hear them. Too many folks come here to hear what they want to hear and it aint always like that LIFE isn't like that you are old enuff to know that LIFE isn't all peaches and cream and safe spaces and everything else that goes along with this crazy ass generation behind us. whew we are in big trouble when these lil whiners take over things, so here is my philosophy if I can stay healthy and fit as long as I can I wont have to depend on them, especially my own damn kids, I will look out for myself until I am dead and I hope to look damn good in that open casket!!!! lol. stay strong, stay focused, and be true to who you are. and I stole this from someone on here "train insane, or remain the same!!!!"

I would definitely ask that no sugar-coated babying be sent my way. I want REAL feedback, and if I' being a whiner or spewing excuses, please call me on it. As I noted in my first entry, the thing that got me moving toward change in the first place was an incredibly painful and traumatic experience. Some drunk guy told me exactly what he thought of my shape, loudly and in front of a group of my friends. Did it hurt? Hell yes! But it spurred the change that I desperately needed. And I'm pretty sure my friends were thinking the same things as the drunk guy about my overweight state, but were too nice to say anything. So I welcome honest comments from those who aren't so close to me that they feel obliged to be nice all the time. I know myself a lot better than I did way back then. I know I can be committed and work hard. But I also know that I tend to be overzealous early on, and then fizzle out after a while. So, I'm willing to try a log to keep me honest and focused. Oh, and by the way...I'm actually really thankful for that mean drunk! He probably saved my life, or at least extended it a lot. I was headed for a miserable demise from one or more obesity-related diseases. I may not be in bikini model condition, but I've come soooo far with my health, and with my knowledge of what healthy really is, and I'm very thankful for that!

Welcome aboard! You got the right attitude to get it done! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

I would definitely ask that no sugar-coated babying be sent my way. I want REAL feedback, and if I' being a whiner or spewing excuses, please call me on it. As I noted in my first entry, the thing that got me moving toward change in the first place was an incredibly painful and traumatic experience. Some drunk guy told me exactly what he thought of my shape, loudly and in front of a group of my friends. Did it hurt? Hell yes! But it spurred the change that I desperately needed. And I'm pretty sure my friends were thinking the same things as the drunk guy about my overweight state, but were too nice to say anything. So I welcome honest comments from those who aren't so close to me that they feel obliged to be nice all the time. I know myself a lot better than I did way back then. I know I can be committed and work hard. But I also know that I tend to be overzealous early on, and then fizzle out after a while. So, I'm willing to try a log to keep me honest and focused. Oh, and by the way...I'm actually really thankful for that mean drunk! He probably saved my life, or at least extended it a lot. I was headed for a miserable demise from one or more obesity-related diseases. I may not be in bikini model condition, but I've come soooo far with my health, and with my knowledge of what healthy really is, and I'm very thankful for that!

well we wont be mean as that drunk guy, believe me when I first got here and posted a pic I thought maybe I was 25% bf and was quickly told otherwise 35% and it was a real kick in the nuts, but like you it lit a fire in me that burns today. I will not be that guy again I know that!!!! and I bet my paycheck you wont either. Like I said we are here for encouragement a crying shoulder if you need it but you will always get the truth that is for sure. even tho you don't know who we are, and hell I don't know who a lot of the people are here either but it is like a family more than a community. I have had mine handed to me a couple of times here lol but I take it and make positive improvements for the better. I am already proud of you for stepping up to the plate

Thanks to all of you for being so very supportive and encouraging. I was if I might get some of that tough love right off the bat, since I profess to have worked hard to make progress, yet have spent so long yo-yo-ing and never actually getting it done, as far as fat loss goes. I have read a few of the other newbie threads and have seen the cold hard facts presented to them. I wouldn't have shied away had you been brutally honest with me also, or at least I'd like to think I wouldn't have. I'll admit it - my motivation comes and goes. I go through spells where I don't work out nearly enough and eat like crap. Obviously - or I wouldn't be at 34% fat. No good excuse for it other than general laziness and not wanting it bad enough. Lack of commitment, and taking the fast fix (pizza!) instead of staying the course that I know leads to success. So, I don't cut myself any slack, and I am thankful that you all won't either. And I didn't mean to minimize the community here in any way, when I said you didn't know me so well as to not be honest. It seems to me, from reading here, that you are a very close group indeed. There are few things that draw people closer than experiencing the same struggles together. And though we may have different goals and be at different points in our journeys, I think we are all battling the same enemies more or less. OK, I'll get off the soapbox now! :)

Thanks to all of you for being so very supportive and encouraging. I was if I might get some of that tough love right off the bat, since I profess to have worked hard to make progress, yet have spent so long yo-yo-ing and never actually getting it done, as far as fat loss goes. I have read a few of the other newbie threads and have seen the cold hard facts presented to them. I wouldn't have shied away had you been brutally honest with me also, or at least I'd like to think I wouldn't have. I'll admit it - my motivation comes and goes. I go through spells where I don't work out nearly enough and eat like crap. Obviously - or I wouldn't be at 34% fat. No good excuse for it other than general laziness and not wanting it bad enough. Lack of commitment, and taking the fast fix (pizza!) instead of staying the course that I know leads to success. So, I don't cut myself any slack, and I am thankful that you all won't either. And I didn't mean to minimize the community here in any way, when I said you didn't know me so well as to not be honest. It seems to me, from reading here, that you are a very close group indeed. There are few things that draw people closer than experiencing the same struggles together. And though we may have different goals and be at different points in our journeys, I think we are all battling the same enemies more or less. OK, I'll get off the soapbox now! :)

this is absolutely true whatever each of our goals are they are different, and sometimes different approaches are needed to accomplish those, however with a good support group like we have here it makes it a little easier. i look forward to conversing with you and seeing you progress into what i know you want to be or want to look or whatever. you will have hit or miss days but don't beat yourself up over it just keep on chugging along and we will be right here with you and may even carry you if we need too!!!! cant wait for your journey

Top Bottom