napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

A day in the diet of Dylan Gemelli

DylanGemelli

Founding Member
Super Moderator
I CONSTANTLY get asked for my "diet plan" or my general diet protocol... my diet is very very strict and consistent... mind you, im always in a very large deficit... going by maintenance calculators, my maintenance is at an absurd amount due to the amount of calories im burning daily... you would not believe me if i told you but i assure you, the maintenance is quite high... its in the upper 3000's and i generally am around 2500 per day and thats difficult as it is for me however im working to get to 3000 at least and im more than confident i can obtain the size im after even in this deficit... i make a living on defying science because i know HOW to get around it with my diet... the right compound selections are key as well... so this is my day...

Wake up at 7-7:30 a.m.

5 egg whites 85 calories
1/2 serving of greek yogurt with half scoop protein mixed in and 7 (yes 7) grapes total 100-125 calories
1/2 serving of dried apricots 50 calories

TOTAL: 235-250 calories

8:30-10

cardio and abs

11:00-11:30 whole grain cereal... organic oat bran 1 serving mixed with 1/2 serving organic raisin bran and added raisins oat bran is 120 calories... raisin bran is 135 calories raisins at 90 calories
1/2 serving of unsweetened almond/cashew milk 15 calories

TOTAL: 360 calories

1:00 1/2 serving of pistachios 75-80 calories

TOTAL: 75-80

3:00 - 3:30

6 oz. of chicken and pork tenderloin... (3 oz. each) OR just 6 oz. of chicken 180 calories
1 serving zuchini 25 calories
1 serving of spinach 20 calories
1/2 serving of corn, peas, green beans and/or carrots 35-40 calories
1/2 serving of white rice 90 calories
1 green or red pepper 25 calories
1/2 serving of veiganese 25 calories

cooked in 1/2 serving of olive oil 80 calories

TOTAL: 500 calories

5:00

6 oz. ground chicken or fish 180 calories
1 serving of zuchini 25 calories
1 serving of mushrooms 25 calories
1 serving of any of the following mixed vegetables, spinach, broccoli, onions etc... whatever i prefer that day 25-75 calories
1/2 serving of organic ketchup and mustard 25 calories

TOTAL: 395 - 445 calories

6:30 Pre Gym

1 quest bar 160-200 calories depending upon which bar but the blueberry muffin is my absolute favorite at 190

Total calories 160-200 calories

8:00 post workout protein drink

1 serving of protein powder 120 calories
1/2 serving of unsweetened almond milk 15 calories

Total Calories: 135 calories

10:00 1/2 serving of dried apricots 50 calories
4 (YES 4) whole strawberries 25 calories

Total Calories: 75 calories

1:00 pre bed

2 whole eggs 120 calories (egglands best large eggs)
3 egg whites 50 calories
1/2 serving of mushrooms 15 calories
1/2 serving of spinach 10 calories
1/4 serving of olive oil 45 calories

1 serving of oat fit sugar free oatmeal 100 calories
1/4 serving of quinoa and oat bran 35 calories
1 scoop of protein mixed in 120 calories
1/2 serving of raisins 90 calories
1/2 serving of peanut butter drizzled over the top and then spread 90 calories

Total Calories: 675 calories

TOTAL FOR THE DAY: 2610 - 2720

NOTE: I do take flax seed, flax oil and chewable bcaas and glutamine which add about 100 more calories in here a well...

This is the daily diet I normally go with... the one caveat here than i readily admit and would not lie about is that my 5 oclock meal is one i often just miss and that is clearly costing me size... i get so caught up in work that i only get it in a few times a week... i have tweaked some things and will likely get a smaller meal at 3:00 of a can of tuna with a few veggies to ensure im still hungry at 5...

i ONLY drink water and unsweetened almond milk... every now and then i have a kombucha but one bottle lasts me at least 4 days... i use sweet leaf sweetener on my cereal and oatmeal... as you can see im very strict and very precise with everything... I have a good balance with fiber, clean carbs and plenty of protein... my fats are right where i want them... i only use a very small amount of salt on my eggs but not on anything else... i use parsley and onion powder often for flavoring... once in a while i use basil and red pepper in my eggs but not often... I try to have a good balance with everything that works well for me... I KNOW what my body does well with and what it does not but i still do a lot of trial and error because even the machine gets fed up with the same foods over and over again... I try my best to stay within the range I need to keep my body fat where it is but also to get things in there I enjoy... So there you have it, thats my daily diet...

If you dont mind me asking, why white rice instead of brown rice?

i just got done eating brown rice for 6 months straight.. ive had enough for a while and to be honest, ive never noticed any sort of difference between them whatsoever in terms of body response... i alternate every few months between white, brown and quinoa but i went too long on brown and ive simply had enough for the time being... often i just mix them together in the rice cooker as well...

Best of luck Dylan thanks for posting up all your info,,,very cool...
I'm with you on the rice thing...the whole low/Hi GI thing is over rated if you ask me, I don't notice any difference...

Best of luck Dylan thanks for posting up all your info,,,very cool...
I'm with you on the rice thing...the whole low/Hi GI thing is over rated if you ask me, I don't notice any difference...

its just something that certain haters/lovers of each side bring up for their case... there is no significant difference that is worth completely switching for or i would be the first to say it... you know as well, you've tested it... my wife has her entire life etc... its just more b.s. that i personally will not fall for

i just got done eating brown rice for 6 months straight.. ive had enough for a while and to be honest, ive never noticed any sort of difference between them whatsoever in terms of body response... i alternate every few months between white, brown and quinoa but i went too long on brown and ive simply had enough for the time being... often i just mix them together in the rice cooker as well...

You are absolutely right about that Dylan. I literally just started doing the exact same thing. I ate brown rice for my 4th meal of the day and had been for over a year. I decided last week to switch it up and started using white instead. Even a small difference like that helps break up the monotony and I actually think my body responds better to the white rice, but regardless there is minimal difference between the two. I'm sure I will go back to brown after I get tired of white

You are absolutely right about that Dylan. I literally just started doing the exact same thing. I ate brown rice for my 4th meal of the day and had been for over a year. I decided last week to switch it up and started using white instead. Even a small difference like that helps break up the monotony and I actually think my body responds better to the white rice, but regardless there is minimal difference between the two. I'm sure I will go back to brown after I get tired of white

exactly... its not like we are comparing regular milk to an almond milk where one is dairy and one isnt etc... this is so minimal on the difference and to be honest, i feel like between brown, white and quinioa, i get the best response from white... either way, its so minimal it makes no difference...

IMO if you're eating a mixture of foods the GI becomes less important.

Cool to see your meal plan broken down. I too struggle right around the 5pm meal for the same reasons.

Agreed, brown rice being the holy grail is a bit of bro-science IMO. Brown rice also has gluten in it.

7 grapes guys. Seven! Do you know how hard it is to eat only 7 grapes??? This man is the epitome of discipline.

Agreed, brown rice being the holy grail is a bit of bro-science IMO. Brown rice also has gluten in it.

7 grapes guys. Seven! Do you know how hard it is to eat only 7 grapes??? This man is the epitome of discipline.

LOL trust me, its not easy... i love grapes too but i have it portioned and have the discipline... 3 strawberries fucking sucks too but one should over do it on fruit and since i use raisins twice a day, i cant over do it..

Hey fellas, good food lover here. Just wanted throw in here and see if any of you have tried. Quinoa milk (blows almond away), Canadian lake wild rice, wild caught sockeye salmon in the can. (Comes with the bones which are edible!)

Hahaha, that's funny. I grew up on white rice, it's what mum always used. And ever since I started lifting I jumped onto brown.

I don't know if it's just white rice fatigue from eating it so long, but I literally PREFER brown now. It just tastes better. I buy white every now and again and regret it every time. I'm like "WTF is this shit? Disgusting!" LMAO.

p.s. I also agree with the statements about the GI being non essential factors for the most part. It's not like when you're comparing say, honey or apple juice with a low GI food.

When you're already eating a decent food (potatos or rice), sweet / white / brown makes so little difference.

Last edited:
I CONSTANTLY get asked for my "diet plan" or my general diet protocol... my diet is very very strict and consistent... mind you, im always in a very large deficit... going by maintenance calculators, my maintenance is at an absurd amount due to the amount of calories im burning daily... you would not believe me if i told you but i assure you, the maintenance is quite high... its in the upper 3000's and i generally am around 2500 per day and thats difficult as it is for me however im working to get to 3000 at least and im more than confident i can obtain the size im after even in this deficit... i make a living on defying science because i know HOW to get around it with my diet... the right compound selections are key as well... so this is my day...

5 egg whites 85 calories
1/2 serving of greek yogurt with half scoop protein mixed in and 7 (yes 7) grapes total 100-125 calories

cardio and abs

11:00-11:30 whole grain cereal... organic oat bran 1 serving mixed with 1/2 serving organic raisin bran and added raisins oat bran is 120 calories... raisin bran is 135 calories raisins at 90 calories

6 oz. of chicken and pork tenderloin... (3 oz. each) OR just 6 oz. of chicken 180 calories

1 serving of any of the following mixed vegetables, spinach, broccoli, onions etc... whatever i prefer that day 25-75 calories

1 quest bar 160-200 calories depending upon which bar but the blueberry muffin is my absolute favorite at 190

3 egg whites 50 calories

NOTE: I do take flax seed, flax oil and chewable bcaas and glutamine which add about 100 more calories in here a well...

This is the daily diet I normally go with... the one caveat here than i readily admit and would not lie about is that my 5 oclock meal is one i often just miss and that is clearly costing me size... i get so caught up in work that i only get it in a few times a week... i have tweaked some things and will likely get a smaller meal at 3:00 of a can of tuna with a few veggies to ensure im still hungry at 5...

i ONLY drink water and unsweetened almond milk... every now and then i have a kombucha but one bottle lasts me at least 4 days... i use sweet leaf sweetener on my cereal and oatmeal... as you can see im very strict and very precise with everything... I have a good balance with fiber, clean carbs and plenty of protein... my fats are right where i want them... i only use a very small amount of salt on my eggs but not on anything else... i use parsley and onion powder often for flavoring... once in a while i use basil and red pepper in my eggs but not often... I try to have a good balance with everything that works well for me... I KNOW what my body does well with and what it does not but i still do a lot of trial and error because even the machine gets fed up with the same foods over and over again... I try my best to stay within the range I need to keep my body fat where it is but also to get things in there I enjoy... So there you have it, thats my daily diet...

SAVED!! Got your "secret" DG

5 egg whites 85 calories

cardio and abs

3 egg whites 50 calories

ok so ur zucchini mushrooms and spinach is that cooked or sautéed?

Top Bottom