napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

B6 and Prolactin

IND

What's up fellas,

This is more just to ease my own curiosity than anything. I've read over the past few years that B6 ran in higher amounts has been shown to significantly decrease prolactin build up. Has anyone ever tried this out? Is there any truth behind it?

I do have Caber on hand at all times. I run my tren so low that I have never needed it, hell it's probably expired. Just curious to see if there was any truth behind it. A few guys in my area run it up to 600mg a day and that is all they use for prolactin protection which seems crazy to me but didn't know if their were any studies/evidence to show that it actually can reduce PL

Per The Mayo Clinic:

Side Effects and Warnings

Vitamin B6 is likely safe when taken by mouth in recommended daily intake amounts. The recommended daily intake of vitamin B6 is as follows for adults: 1.3 milligrams in men and women ages 19-50; 1.7 milligrams in men aged 51 and older; and 1.3 milligrams in women aged 51 older. The recommended daily intake of vitamin B6 is as follows for children: 0.1 milligrams for babies aged 0-6 months; 0.3 milligrams for babies aged 7-12 months; 0.5 milligrams for children aged 1-3 years; 0.6 milligrams for children aged 4-8 years; 1 milligram for children aged 9-13 years; 1 milligram for males aged 14-18 years; and 1.2 milligrams for females aged 14-18 years.

Vitamin B6 may cause abnormal heart rhythms, acne, allergic reactions, breast enlargement or soreness, changes in folic acid levels, decreased muscle tone, drowsiness or sedation, feeling of a lump in the throat, feeling of tingling on the skin, headache, heartburn, loss of appetite, nausea, rash, recurrence of ulcerative colitis (an inflammatory bowel disorder), stomach discomfort or pain, sun sensitivity, vomiting, and worsened asthma.

Side effects to some ingredients of high-dose pyridoxine hydrochloride (which is injected into the vein) are possible.

Vitamin B6 may cause low blood pressure. Caution is advised in people with blood pressure disorders or in those taking drugs or herbs and supplements that lower blood pressure.

Vitamin B6 may affect blood sugar levels. Caution is advised in people with diabetes or low blood sugar, and in those taking drugs, herbs, or supplements that affect blood sugar. Blood sugar levels may need to be monitored by a qualified healthcare professional, including a pharmacist, and medication adjustments may be necessary.

Vitamin B6 may increase the risk of bleeding. Caution is advised in people with bleeding disorders or taking drugs that may increase the risk of bleeding. Dosing adjustments may be necessary.

Use cautiously in people who have heart conditions or stomach and intestine conditions.

Use cautiously in people taking agents for Parkinson's disease, as they may interact with vitamin B6.

Avoid in people with known allergy or sensitivity to any ingredient in vitamin B6 products.

Avoid in doses higher than 200 milligrams daily, due to the risk of nerve pain and seizures.

Good info right there. I knew about the possible nerve pain/damage but did not realize B6 in high doses was that dangerous.

Per The Mayo Clinic:

Vitamin B6 is likely safe when taken by mouth in recommended daily intake amounts. The recommended daily intake of vitamin B6 is as follows for adults: 1.3 milligrams in men and women ages 19-50; 1.7 milligrams in men aged 51 and older; and 1.3 milligrams in women aged 51 older. The recommended daily intake of vitamin B6 is as follows for children: 0.1 milligrams for babies aged 0-6 months; 0.3 milligrams for babies aged 7-12 months; 0.5 milligrams for children aged 1-3 years; 0.6 milligrams for children aged 4-8 years; 1 milligram for children aged 9-13 years; 1 milligram for males aged 14-18 years; and 1.2 milligrams for females aged 14-18 years.

Vitamin B6 may cause abnormal heart rhythms, acne, allergic reactions, breast enlargement or soreness, changes in folic acid levels, decreased muscle tone, drowsiness or sedation, feeling of a lump in the throat, feeling of tingling on the skin, headache, heartburn, loss of appetite, nausea, rash, recurrence of ulcerative colitis (an inflammatory bowel disorder), stomach discomfort or pain, sun sensitivity, vomiting, and worsened asthma.

Side effects to some ingredients of high-dose pyridoxine hydrochloride (which is injected into the vein) are possible.

Vitamin B6 may cause low blood pressure. Caution is advised in people with blood pressure disorders or in those taking drugs or herbs and supplements that lower blood pressure.

Vitamin B6 may affect blood sugar levels. Caution is advised in people with diabetes or low blood sugar, and in those taking drugs, herbs, or supplements that affect blood sugar. Blood sugar levels may need to be monitored by a qualified healthcare professional, including a pharmacist, and medication adjustments may be necessary.

Vitamin B6 may increase the risk of bleeding. Caution is advised in people with bleeding disorders or taking drugs that may increase the risk of bleeding. Dosing adjustments may be necessary.

Use cautiously in people who have heart conditions or stomach and intestine conditions.

Use cautiously in people taking agents for Parkinson's disease, as they may interact with vitamin B6.

Avoid in people with known allergy or sensitivity to any ingredient in vitamin B6 products.

Avoid in doses higher than 200 milligrams daily, due to the risk of nerve pain and seizures.
boom! enough said! i was going to go on and on but i dont even need to with that

Per The Mayo Clinic:

Great post bro. I don't think a lot of people realize the dangers of going too much with B6

Great post bro. I don't think a lot of people realize the dangers of going too much with B6

Exactly. That's why sometimes I post the threads you see. It's simply to get the CORRECT information out there from the experienced guys here in hopes that it helps other people when they scroll through the posts. Majority of other boards will tell you B6 is fine to take in large amounts, prolactin related gyno is bro-science, liver toxicity is over played with orals, etc...

50mg of Zinc has been shown to lower prolactin by 50%.

DHEA will also lower by like 30% if I can remember correctly. But there is no substitute for caber IMO.

Top Bottom