domestic-supply

sarms.forsale
bannednutrition

napsgear
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advise needed on calf training

Advise needed on calf training

So i have tried literally every calf exercise i can think of, as well as rep schemes, weight variations etc., right now i am throwing in calf exercises with every body part and i cannot get much if any growth in my calfs. This is nothing new, and has always been an issue for me. My body is literally starting to out grow my calfs. My quads are extremely responsive to training so I am trying to stay as proportionate as possible but it is starting to get out of hand. I dont know if its a genetics thing or what the issue is, but any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I've read interviews with pros where they said they had to work calves for 3 to 4 hours and a lot of super sets to get theirs to grow

3-4 hours as in a day? Holy shit!

Afraid so brother

Wow! Guess it beats being to embarrassed to wear shorts in the summer lol

I'll tell you it's mostly genetics and for those that don't have them it's MASSIVE volume. Try it 100 rep sets. Different variations and ss with bodyweight raises. I'm one of the lucky ones thst I almost never have to work them. If your attachments are high, you will likely never have monstrous calves regardless of work. Sad but true

Quote Originally Posted by Thefederal View Post
    I'll tell you it's mostly genetics and for those that don't have them it's MASSIVE volume. Try it 100 rep sets. Different variations and ss with bodyweight raises. I'm one of the lucky ones thst I almost never have to work them. If your attachments are high, you will likely never have monstrous calves regardless of work. Sad but true
    This is wat i was figuring on. Il up my volume even further. Its just weird. Some groups like quads and chest i can barely even touch them and they grow, but calfs and traps kicky my ass. Feels weird having nice quads and a marathon runners calfs lol

That's why there are dudes in the olympia with mediocre calves compared to others that obviously dwarf theirs. The get paid to lift. Don't be too hard on yourself or your calves. Everyone has their weak areas

Calves are the one body part that are more genetic based more than anything. It's pretty common to have issues with calf growth. You,just have to experiment and do what you can to bring them up. Everybody is a little different. I have excellent calves that respond very well, so I can't really tell you from experience, but I do like a lot of very slow controlled reps with calves holding for a good 5-10 seconds at the full flexed position in every rep, and then doing the same in the bottom portion of the movement trying to get as much of a stretch as you can. Doing that you should feel it big time with considerable burn that's almost unbearable

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock View Post
    Calves are the one body part that are more genetic based more than anything. It's pretty common to have issues with calf growth. You,just have to experiment and do what you can to bring them up. Everybody is a little different. I have excellent calves that respond very well, so I can't really tell you from experience, but I do like a lot of very slow controlled reps with calves holding for a good 5-10 seconds at the full flexed position in every rep, and then doing the same in the bottom portion of the movement trying to get as much of a stretch as you can. Doing that you should feel it big time with considerable burn that's almost unbearable
    Will try that for sure! I appreciate it bros.