Im on finishing week 8 of my current cycle which looks like
wk 1-16 Test400 @ 400mg/week
wk 1-10 EQ @ 600mg/week and wk 10-16 800mg/week
wk 1-8 Deca @ 400mg/week
wk 1-6 Tren @ 400mg/week

wk 1-4 Dbol 20mg/ Winstrol 30mg
wk 10-16 Winstrol 50mg/day

Starting HCG 1000UI/week from wk 12-18
Then I will start PCT week 19 (3 weeks after cycle)

I'm glad to have finished up with the tren, the gains are good but I was fed up of pinning everyday.

I'm torn between dropping the deca now at week 8, or continuing to week 12, because I think the most benefit comes through on weeks 6 onwards. The reason I had planned on dropping after 8 weeks was because i'm switching my diet from mainly carb and protein based, to a more moderate protein high fat diet (but not full keto)

Current macros this past week was 300g carbs and 300g protein. 70g fat.
I'll be aiming for more of a 200g carbs, 200g protein and 135g fat. (with 2 days per week full keto)

My question is will I see any benefit from the deca if im dropping carbs?
I'm mainly focusing on increasing strenght with 4/6 rep range, some endurance with 12/15 reps range and cutting bodyfat as the primary goal. I do a pull/push/legs/rest split

Thank you

Why wouodnt you see benefits from Deca with lowered carbs? I'm kinda lost on that one. It's a compound that can be used successfully with any diet or goal. I used it for cutting last summer

Sorry what I mean is, will I be able to continue to add strenght over the next 4 weeks with the deca if im lowering overall calories (only cautiously however maybe 2/300 and adding a bit more cardio nothing crazy)?

Sorry what I mean is, will I be able to continue to add strenght over the next 4 weeks with the deca if im lowering overall calories (only cautiously however maybe 2/300 and adding a bit more cardio nothing crazy)?

Obvioulsy the lower the calories you have, the less results you will get in terms of lean mass and strength....but that goes for absolutely any compound

Ofcourse but its always been of my belief that, at maintenance or above you'll make muscle and strength gains. And the more above maintenance you consume the more results you will get (until you reach too many calories and its becomes overkill and fat gain)
But when your below maintenance, you can really only maintain your muscle and strength at best if everthing else is solid such as quality of nutrition, sleep and training? I think i might be misinterpreting this broscience or something?

But from your past experience Rick have you made strength gains (not necessarily mass gains) when in a deficit? if so how much do you recommend to go below maintenance to see strength gains (albeit, slowly), maintain current lean mass and loss bodyfat which is the main goal for me at this time.
Btw im practicing IF 16/8 but usually try push it out to 18 hour fast because I simple dont be hungry

Thanks Rick always appreciate your advice

thats different for everyone man... you are again asking for psychic help that we cannot provide you.. thats something you will have to learn for yourself through trial and error... in theory, yes, you could eat at a deficit and likely keep strength up but any sort of drastic increase is not going to happen... everyone is different on how they respond...

Top Bottom