napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Intermittent fasting and sarms...?

Julskee

Hey Bros, I'm Currently doing IF just curious if anyone has any knowledge if taking sarms first thing in the morning while in my fasted state would it kick me out of the fast? due to the alcohol in the sarms? I know it's only minimal the amount you will be taking in off a four different sarms... Just curious what you guys may think.. Cheers buds

Hey Bros, I'm Currently doing IF just curious if anyone has any knowledge if taking sarms first thing in the morning while in my fasted state would it kick me out of the fast? due to the alcohol in the sarms? I know it's only minimal the amount you will be taking in off a four different sarms... Just curious what you guys may think.. Cheers buds

No, SARMS aren't food so not to worry ;). It's so minimal since you're taking such a small dose.

Absolutely not bro. I did intermittent fasting for about 3 years with great success and always dosed my sarms in the morning.

I have quite a bit of knowledge and expertise on the subject of IF, and the very miniscule amounts of calories in a ml or two of sarms will absolutely not cause a significant enough insulin release to take you out of a fasted state. It's for the same reason that consuming BCAAs during a fast is also fine even though there is a small caloric value attached to them.

There's no worries bro

Yeah that's what I was thinking just though I wouldn't double check... But with saying taking amino acids I have been told by a good source that the leucine in the amino acids singles the brain saying you have consumed food so I'll probably stay clear of them when in my fasted state... Thanks for the response though Rick

Sent from my SCL23 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's what I was thinking just though I wouldn't double check... But with saying taking amino acids I have been told by a good source that the leucine in the amino acids singles the brain saying you have consumed food so I'll probably stay clear of them when in my fasted state... Thanks for the response though Rick

Leucine is tied with insulin signaling. That's not going to knock you out of a fasted state from my understanding, it's more than likely just going to bring the ATP that is in the bloodstream to your currently working muscles. One could argue that any insulin secretion will counteract the signaling for fat to release energy, but my guess is that will be minor to none. Someone else might have more insight on that though.

You might consider supplementing with HMB, this has your anti-catabolic effects w/o any insulin signaling.

It doesn't quite work that way with Luecine bro. I'm not sure who your credible source is, but it's been widely accepted to use BCAAs during fasted training by the foremost knowledgable experts in the IF field, including Martin Berkhan.

It's been shown scientifically in studies to give an insignificant insulin release that will not bring you out of a fasted state. I'm not sure if you train fasted or not, but the protein synthesis qualities and anti-catabolic properties alone would out weigh any potential negatives.

Ok now I see that Jim Stoppani is your credible source. I certainly don't agree with him, and I'm not alone there. He's pretty much on his own with his thinking on IF in regards to BCAAs and this video.

There's dozens of other knowledgeable professionals that completely disagree with that assessment.

I'll have a read thanks Rick

No problem at all bro. Im just giving you a different perspective you may not be aware of, so you can make your own educated decision on how you want to implement your own fasted training.

No problem at all bro. Im just giving you a different perspective you may not be aware of, so you can make your own educated decision on how you want to implement your own fasted training.
Yeah more info is better then none! I find IF to be so helpful! If you don't mind do you want to elaborate on what you found to be most optimal For yourself?

Yeah more info is better then none! I find IF to be so helpful! If you don't mind do you want to elaborate on what you found to be most optimal For yourself?

I pretty much followed martin Berkhans Lean Gains style of IF to a T. I did a 16 hour fast each day with an 8 hour feeding window, with BCAAs taken preworkout, post workout , and every 2 hours until breaking fast. Them my fast breaking meal was usually 60% of my caloric intake for the day with no less than 100-150g of protein in that meal and most of my carbs for the day at 200g plus. I ate at a slight surplus on workout days and a slight deficit during rest days.

That diet totally transformed my physique

I pretty much followed martin Berkhans Lean Gains style of IF to a T. I did a 16 hour fast each day with an 8 hour feeding window, with BCAAs taken preworkout, post workout , and every 2 hours until breaking fast. Them my fast breaking meal was usually 60% of my caloric intake for the day with no less than 100-150g of protein in that meal and most of my carbs for the day at 200g plus. I ate at a slight surplus on workout days and a slight deficit during rest days.

nice nice.. Yeah it does have an impact on your body! Just curious with my bcass it's 1:1:10 ten being leucine I know I asked about bcaas kicking you out of fast do you reckon cos leucine is at 10 that's possible?

This looks pretty familiar to how I did IF this past summer. I only did IF for a little over 2 months but it helped in many ways, especially appetite control. I supplemented with HMB, yohimbine and citocoline before my workouts. I did IF for weight loss, but I'm likely to incorporate it again in the future. Was there a particular reason you stopped IF RR?

nice nice.. Yeah it does have an impact on your body! Just curious with my bcass it's 1:1:10 ten being leucine I know I asked about bcaas kicking you out of fast do you reckon cos leucine is at 10 that's possible?

From my understanding you really only need 3-5g of leucine. Leucine IMO is really the amino acid you care about in BCAAs. Isoleucine has shown some increase in glucose metabolism and muscle glucose uptake. And Valine, well when compared to the other two I would argue it's near worthless. I'm sure people will have differing opinions and further research down the road may uncover more benefits.

This looks pretty familiar to how I did IF this past summer. I only did IF for a little over 2 months but it helped in many ways, especially appetite control. I supplemented with HMB, yohimbine and citocoline before my workouts. I did IF for weight loss, but I'm likely to incorporate it again in the future. Was there a particular reason you stopped IF RR?
Yeah that's true... Yohimbine hcl is pretty potenet I know you have to build up a tolerance to it but easy to go ever the edge on it... How did you find the yohimbine what did you get your dose up too?

Yeah that's true... Yohimbine hcl is pretty potenet I know you have to build up a tolerance to it but easy to go ever the edge on it... How did you find the yohimbine what did you get your dose up too?

I seemed to like the yohimbine okay, I had so many things going on as far as new excercise, supplements and eating habits at the time I wouldn't be able to give you anything concrete as far as results. It gave me a body buzz sorta similar to beta alanine at first so I had to cut my dose back some. I believe starting on my 2nd day I did 7.5mg then worked my way up to 15mg. I might have gone as high 17.5mg I can't remember. 0.1-0.2mg per kg weight are the clinically effective dosages.

I really didnt stop it completely. I still do IF on weekends and some other rest days, but I pretty much strictly stick to a 6 meal per day plan through the week because,my goal is aimed more towards muscle gain than anything. I am in single digits as for bodyfat so I don't the IF all the time for fat loss

Top Bottom