napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Are electronic scales to measure body fat accurate enough?

ErTetris

Are electronic scales to measure body fat reliable?

For instance I have a Tanita scale that measure electronically
body fat %
body water %

How much could I rely on it? Otherwise, what's the accurate way to measure body fat and water?

Are electronic scales to measure body fat reliable?

For instance I have a Tanita scale that measure electronically
body fat %
body water %

How much could I rely on it? Otherwise, what's the accurate way to measure body fat and water?

They are not very accurate. They'll give you a general idea if you're going in the right direction.

Accurate enough when you do multiple measurements then take the average within a couple % if your speaking about electronic calipers

I bought one and it is not accurate, brother. You can always buy one to weigh yourself and stuff. Having that feature is good but not accurate.

Bioelectric impedence scales to measure bodyfat are extremely inaccurate. They are literally not even close in any way shape or form. For home measuring the best you can do is use calipers, but even those can have a lot of variance unless you know exactly the correct way to measure. It's not a bad idea to go purchase a good digital pair that does the calculations for you and gives you your numbers. That's what I use. You still must make sure you are using the proper technique to make it read accurate

Scale impedance testing sucks my scale says im 28.5 % bf and I would guess im really about 11 so dont waste your money

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

There absolute garbage last prep 10 weeks out about 8 percent bodyfat said i was 18 percent 4 weeks later dry shredded viens in my obliques said 20 id had better luck with a toy magic 8 ball said 20. Percent and had fucking glute striations useless junk

This was taken at 10 weeks out and it said i was 18 percent bodyfat

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1450412509783.jpg
    FB_IMG_1450412509783.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 30
I usually just use the caliper method. A buddy of mine bought this new measurement tool called the skulpt aim. It's the first electronic bf% tool that I've used that is pretty damn good. You wet it and then press it against your body on 4 locations (bi, tri, abs, quads) and it sends electro pulses to measure body fat and muscle quality. Pretty neat.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I usually just use the caliper method. A buddy of mine bought this new measurement tool called the skulpt aim. It's the first electronic bf% tool that I've used that is pretty damn good. You wet it and then press it against your body on 4 locations (bi, tri, abs, quads) and it sends electro pulses to measure body fat and muscle quality. Pretty neat.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

What kind of pricing are we talking about? And how did it measure up compared to your calipers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once your pretty lean you have too just eyeball it calipers work down too about 8 percent under that you can really only measure at the abdomen and single point measurements arent acurate .

Your run of the mill electronic scales are highly inaccurate. But they do have some that are almost on par with bod testing. But your not going to find those at your Walmart or gym. They cost at least 10 g's.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Top Bottom