napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

A roids24 powered lifting log :)

Damn I need a real gym to try some of these liffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well its primarily at shity 24 lately. I have a lot of my own equipment too. And it takes a lot of thinking outside the box lol

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Well its primarily at shity 24 lately. I have a lot of my own equipment too. And it takes a lot of thinking outside the box lol

I literally have a rack with bench and weights. Dumbbells to 70lbs with a few sets missing (asshole coworkers) and a crossover, leg press, leg ext machine. I'll take a shit 24 lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol man that is rough!!! Gotta get out there and look for some new gyms lol.

I did a little shopping at a used fitness equipment store. Got some basics but also the next level things for the gym. Chains, bands, tsunami bar...

I've seen a lot of the bands and chains used, but never tried them myself. I see a lot more power lifters using them more than anything. I have a buddy that is a competitive powerlifter that uses those bands a lot,mane chains from time to time. He also uses a slingshot to help him get accustomed to heavier weights on bench as well

I've seen a lot of the bands and chains used, but never tried them myself. I see a lot more power lifters using them more than anything. I have a buddy that is a competitive powerlifter that uses those bands a lot,mane chains from time to time. He also uses a slingshot to help him get accustomed to heavier weights on bench as well
Haha dude. Fuck with those bands with hypertrophy training and tell me what you think. Seriously.

Take a red and put it on the pec dec how I pictured it here. Just try it. Push those handles away hard too each rep. I wanna see what you think lol. It's brutal man. Try it on some other stuff around the gym too. It's great for so many things.

Especially guys with some joint or mobility issues. Your real heavy weight hits the peak rather than down in the hole.

Forgot to update yesterday...
12.12.15 Legs

So today we focused on high rep range and incremental resistance.

Excersise 1 squats. We kept it pretty light we hit about 5 sets total climbing to 315. We kept reps high to get the blood moving.

Excersise 2 hack squat.
Now this one blew it away. Like absolute leg destruction. We only went up to a plate and a 25.

We used 2 of the blue bands on this wich are generally a 65lb-80lb resistance. It's the hammer strength hack squat. Il try to upload a pic of it so you can see what I did. Basically banded from the platform to the weight rack.

We went for 10 sets 10 reps each. Man this was brutal. Legs are trashed....

Excersise 3 isolation hammy curl. We went for just 45 on each side. This is a single leg hammy curl. Went up to about 15 reps each leg. This one is old school belt driven and you use regular plates. A plate is actually quite heavy on this machine it's probably equal to a full weight stack on a cable driven machine.
Went to about 6 sets of this guy.

Excersise 4 seated hay curl.
This is the one we went heavy on to really bring it home. We did a pretty heavy weight for about 12 reps. Continued on with the same weight for 5 sets total.

From here we blasted some calves on the donkey raise for as many reps as we could for 3 sets. Full stack is only about 405 but with everything else, we didn't make it far... 3 sets about 30 reps each.

Haha dude. Fuck with those bands with hypertrophy training and tell me what you think. Seriously.

Take a red and put it on the pec dec how I pictured it here. Just try it. Push those handles away hard too each rep. I wanna see what you think lol. It's brutal man. Try it on some other stuff around the gym too. It's great for so many things.

Especially guys with some joint or mobility issues. Your real heavy weight hits the peak rather than down in the hole.

I think I'll do that sometime man. Can't hurt to give it a try and see what I think of it. I'm sure my body would also respond favorably to the new stimulus from the added resistance as well. Thanks for the suggestion

I think I'll do that sometime man. Can't hurt to give it a try and see what I think of it. I'm sure my body would also respond favorably to the new stimulus from the added resistance as well. Thanks for the suggestion
Just did some band work for tris. Hung a band up and did basically a rope extension movment. Shits great. Tried it after I was watching a raising Compton video.

12 13.15

Shoulders.

I'm a firm believer in intensity when it comes to delts. This is a strong point for me as well as my training partner. Delts are bread and butter.

Excersise 1.
Shrugs. I like to relieve tension in the shoulders and warm my grip up first.
315lbs 15 reps 5 sets.

Excersise 2 dumbell press.
Being mindful of a recent shoulder tweak I kept it to 60lb dumbbells for 15 reps. 4 sets.

Excersise 3 Underhand press.
On this use the ez curl bar. It's essentially an underhand raise then press.
Set 1 35lbs just the bar. 12 reps
Set 2 55lbs 12 reps
Set 3 65lbs 12 reps
Set 4 drop set. 65lbs 8 reps 55lbs 8 reps 35lbs 12 reps.

Excersise 4
dumbbell rotations.
These are basically an Arnold press without the press your just blasting the rotation part.
30 lbs 20 reps 4 sets.

Excersise 5
Set lateral cable raises.
Single arm isolated shoulder raise. 20 reps each set about 25 lbs or so. Went to 5 sets.

Excersise 6
Latteral raise machine but negative reps.
Did the whole stack on lateral raises. But the key is to have your spotter lift most the weight while you focus on the negative aspect of the rep.
8 reps 4 sets.

Excersise 7
Rear delt fly.
Did these on the pec dec. At this point rear delts were the only functioning shoulder muscle.
150 lbs for 20 reps. Continued with 20 reps for 5 sets incrementing up by 10 lbs

Triceps are next.

Excersise 1.
Barbell pushdown. Suppersets with band extensions. Bar extension is your standard bar extension on a cable.
Band extension.... take a red band and hang it off a pull up bar. I forgot to take a pic. But loop it through itself so it's secure.
5 sets. Pic a weight on the bar extension that's pretty hard. Then immediatly hit the band extensions. It's just like a top extension but rather a rope, your gripping a band... 12 reps there. Contract hard.

Just did some band work for tris. Hung a band up and did basically a rope extension movment. Shits great. Tried it after I was watching a raising Compton video.

You got me intrigued on the band thing as well. I'll be looking into incorporating it down the road.

I wouldn't stand by it if it wasn't awesome. I'd love to get vids or pics up. I'm kinda hesitant lol...

I had someone come up to me and approach me saying hey ur that guy who was on evo arnt you. I saw your pics while researching some stuff.

We to say the least.... this has scared the shit out of me from posting recognizable pics.... Il figure something out though.

12.15.15 Arms

Trying to catch up. Reflecting on the last arm workout so it may be a little vauge. Been really really busy lately so updates are lagging behing....
Kept it basic today. I felt like I was just running through the motions honestly but the intensity was still there. Hard to explain. Felt ike I was giving it my all but just wasnt feeling it this day.

Exercise 1 Dumbbell alternating bicep curl
set 1 30lbs 20 reps
set 2 35lbs 20 reps
set 3 40lbs 20 reps
set 4 30lbs 20 reps

Exercise 2. Rope curl.
I do these a different way than you might think...
I take the rope and use it on the dumbbels so its a centered free weight essentialy. Works good on kettle bells too.. Lean forward a bit and the dumbbell or kettle bell hanging off the rope will really stretch your bicep shoulders and traps out.
Set 1 60lbs 10 reps
set 2 70lbs 10 reps
set 3 80lbs 10 reps
set 4 90lbs 10 reps
set 5 100lbs 10 reps

Exercise 3
Preacher curl
Just standard preacher curls we just did 4 sets reall heavy. About 3 plates. This is the hammer strength preacher curl...
Nothing special,

Exercise 4
Overloads
Now these are col but you need the right machine. Idk how else you would do it.... The preacher curl we have has 3 load sections. An underload, midload and overload.
So imagine doing a preacher curl and when you get to the top of the rep someone pushes the bar to your face. That's what this thing does.... Realy good forced contraction at the peak. Just did 3 sets at a pretty heavy weight for us.

Excise 5
Isolated dumbbell curl.

Just hanging off the curl pad an isolated curl with complete control full stretch and contraction. Most call it a single arm preacher curl I guess. We use the opposite side of the bench so your arm is litterly just hanging straight down.
30lbs for 4 sets 12 reps each arm.

Triceps next.

Exercise 1 Close grip.
set 1 225 10 reps
set 2 315 10 reps
set 3 315 12 reps
set 4 225 10 reps .
Cant really go over 315 without pain.

Exercise 2 Overhead dumbbell extenion.
50lbs for 12 reps each arm. 4 sets total.

Exercise 3 cable push down.
4 set of 20
We super setted each set with the band extensions I mentioned in my last arm workout.

I wouldn't stand by it if it wasn't awesome. I'd love to get vids or pics up. I'm kinda hesitant lol...

I had someone come up to me and approach me saying hey ur that guy who was on evo arnt you. I saw your pics while researching some stuff.

We to say the least.... this has scared the shit out of me from posting recognizable pics.... Il figure something out though.

That would freak me out a bit. One of the reasons you don't know what I look like lol. I wouldn't worry about it too much though man. If you're wanting to post pics/video, the only thing you can really do is cover up face and tatoos.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Well Il put this here. If you do infact want a vid or wanna see what it is I did when it comes to a specific lift, you can pm me the inquiry and Il go case by case obviously I'm comfortable and close around all of you but you know how it goes.... from there I can get you to my IG or link a vid. Keeps ot private at least.

12.15.15 Arms

Trying to catch up. Reflecting on the last arm workout so it may be a little vauge. Been really really busy lately so updates are lagging behing....
Kept it basic today. I felt like I was just running through the motions honestly but the intensity was still there. Hard to explain. Felt ike I was giving it my all but just wasnt feeling it this day.

Exercise 1 Dumbbell alternating bicep curl
set 1 30lbs 20 reps
set 2 35lbs 20 reps
set 3 40lbs 20 reps
set 4 30lbs 20 reps

Exercise 2. Rope curl.
I do these a different way than you might think...
I take the rope and use it on the dumbbels so its a centered free weight essentialy. Works good on kettle bells too.. Lean forward a bit and the dumbbell or kettle bell hanging off the rope will really stretch your bicep shoulders and traps out.
Set 1 60lbs 10 reps
set 2 70lbs 10 reps
set 3 80lbs 10 reps
set 4 90lbs 10 reps
set 5 100lbs 10 reps

Exercise 3
Preacher curl
Just standard preacher curls we just did 4 sets reall heavy. About 3 plates. This is the hammer strength preacher curl...
Nothing special,

Exercise 4
Overloads
Now these are col but you need the right machine. Idk how else you would do it.... The preacher curl we have has 3 load sections. An underload, midload and overload.
So imagine doing a preacher curl and when you get to the top of the rep someone pushes the bar to your face. That's what this thing does.... Realy good forced contraction at the peak. Just did 3 sets at a pretty heavy weight for us.

Excise 5
Isolated dumbbell curl.

Just hanging off the curl pad an isolated curl with complete control full stretch and contraction. Most call it a single arm preacher curl I guess. We use the opposite side of the bench so your arm is litterly just hanging straight down.
30lbs for 4 sets 12 reps each arm.

Triceps next.

Exercise 1 Close grip.
set 1 225 10 reps
set 2 315 10 reps
set 3 315 12 reps
set 4 225 10 reps .
Cant really go over 315 without pain.

Exercise 2 Overhead dumbbell extenion.
50lbs for 12 reps each arm. 4 sets total.

Exercise 3 cable push down.
4 set of 20
We super setted each set with the band extensions I mentioned in my last arm workout.
I had one of those days last week. Intensity is there but you don't feel 110% into your training. It happens brother. Great log so far man. I'm liking it.

I had one of those days last week. Intensity is there but you don't feel 110% into your training. It happens brother. Great log so far man. I'm liking it.

Thanks man. Appreciate it. Always fun getting insight to others training. I always found it the most intreaguing.

I had a similar thing happen also a while back. Obviously everyone that knows me in real life knows my name is Rick, and one of the guys from the gym came up to me one day and asked if I was "RickRock" from Elite Fitness (happened a couple years ago). They said they recognized my tattoos, and since my name was Rick and I had the physique they pretty much put two and two together lol

I was like umm yeh man, that's me. Lol

I've posted some vids and pics. Maybe someday someone will recognize me. But I kinda hope not. You never know how crazy weird people are lol.

Top Bottom