napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Dumb question bout size..

Koko23

Why is it that there are dudes I have 20-25 pounds but they are way bigger than me. I get their muscle bodies are bigger. But why am I'm so much heavier?

Why is it that there are dudes I have 20-25 pounds but they are way bigger than me. I get their muscle bodies are bigger. But why am I'm so much heavier?

That is your answer right there, muscle density!! I'm one of those guys who is much lighter than I look, That is the goal in the long run really for a lot of us.

That is your answer right there, muscle density!! I'm one of those guys who is much lighter than I look, That is the goal in the long run really for a lot of us.

Ya I'm 230 there's a dude that 190 n is like 3 times bigger.

Smaller lighter bones maybe. I'm only 195 but I've been told in huge looking to the average person lol. I could bench 405 before I ever touched anything even protein lol.

Yep, it has a lot to do with muscle density and frame size, etc....also a lot to do with genetics. That's why you see guys like Phil Heath that look so awesome with those nice round and full muscle bellies and wins the Olympia every year in comparison to guys that are a lot heavier.

I'm under 200 lbs myself, but most think I'm heavier

Yep, it has a lot to do with muscle density and frame size, etc....also a lot to do with genetics. That's why you see guys like Phil Heath that look so awesome with those nice round and full muscle bellies and wins the Olympia every year in comparison to guys that are a lot heavier.

I'm under 200 lbs myself, but most think I'm heavier

I want to see you some day! not in a ghey way either! lmao so don't get yer hopes up!

Based on your avatar pic i'm surprised under 200. Then again I guess you could be dwarf height haha.

In a way, bodybuilding is about illusion and not just pure size. A simple example is that a wide chest looks even wider with a tight waist. Perhaps its genetics, muscle density, etc but perhaps its that bodybuilding illusion. Rick mentioned Phil Heath's muscle bellies and genetics and those help with the illusion.

Some dudes may look "bigger", but I'd rather see a dude that's conditioned like Pantene pro-V and shredded head to toe rather than a big dude. I see guys at my gym that are pretty big but they're watery and honestly fat. Build that muscle up with a nice clean look. That'll be way more appealing to everyone's eyes and you'll get more compliments. Now size ANNNND conditioning, that's a whole other story haha

Based on your avatar pic i'm surprised under 200. Then again I guess you could be dwarf height haha.

I'm 5'9" bro. What's funny is that pic was taken in 2013 before my show, and I'm only 171 in that pic

I've gained a lot of size since then

Some dudes may look "bigger", but I'd rather see a dude that's conditioned like Pantene pro-V and shredded head to toe rather than a big dude. I see guys at my gym that are pretty big but they're watery and honestly fat. Build that muscle up with a nice clean look. That'll be way more appealing to everyone's eyes and you'll get more compliments. Now size ANNNND conditioning, that's a whole other story haha

Perfectly said and spot on bro. Somebody well defined will get the attention every time...now somebody with impressive size AND conditioning.....STEALS the spotlight!

Take a look at Jim Cordova. He has like a 165 stage weight and looks MASSIVE.

Yep, scale weight doesn't mean a whole lot. A perfect example is the legend Frank Zane. He is my height (5'9") and won the Olympia at 185 lbs

People always underestimate my weight. I guess that's not a good thing for bodybuilding but it is for strength.

Because everybody is different, bone density, muscle density and internal organ weight, water weight, height, varies from person to person.

i mean you are younger than me and i don't want to ever be 230-240 again cuz if you ever injure or slack it just turns or turned to blob for me and it has been a hard ass journey to try and lose the shit i have lost in the past 6 months or so.

Top Bottom