napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Cross fit or Cross fail?

the force

I was inspired by a recent thread,, cross fit people rub me the wrong way.. is it a fad,, hear to stay?,, is it cool? should I be at the crossfail i mean fit gym? whats your guys/ girls take on it?

I don't do it but to say its not challenging would be a lie. In my opinion strength sports athletes (strongman, powerlifting, olympic lifting) would have an easier time with it (and still struggle) than bodybuilders/recreational gym goers would. It'll get you in shape and have you shredded for sure. Is it the most educated approach to training? No definitely not, but shitting on it isn't really right either, especially since it has 1000x more exposure than anything else in the gym world. Plus they've got some hot chicks. And to be honest, bodybuilding is way easier to make fun of than crossfit.

I say as long as you are trying to exercise and not be obese, then good luck and have fun. Try not to get hurt doing it.

So many injuries these small people are throwing weights around super quickly
Super fun..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's nothing wrong with crossfit, or P90X, or Insanity, or bodybuilding.

To each his own.

Bro why hate on others passion for fitness. I can say I tried it and it's not for me but why talk shit about what gets people out and healthy.
To each thier own when it comes to training. I find the sport kind of odd and don't agree with it but I respect what the atheletes do. Not a fail at all.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Let me ask you this have you actually a tempted a crossfit style approach for a long period of time before you bash it?

I don't do it but to say its not challenging would be a lie. In my opinion strength sports athletes (strongman, powerlifting, olympic lifting) would have an easier time with it (and still struggle) than bodybuilders/recreational gym goers would. It'll get you in shape and have you shredded for sure. Is it the most educated approach to training? No definitely not, but shitting on it isn't really right either, especially since it has 1000x more exposure than anything else in the gym world. Plus they've got some hot chicks. And to be honest, bodybuilding is way easier to make fun of than crossfit.
No doubt.

Crossfit is not for me by any means, but everyone has their own style, goals, etc....

I respect those that want to do it. If it gets more people into fitness, then more power to them. It does look like a lot of the movements are an easy ticket to getting injured to me, but it's defnitely a very taxing and challenging way to train. The only proble, I have is when they come into my gym and take up a ton of equipment and a lot of space with their workouts. Then it becomes detrimental to the other people training. Otherwise, I don't have a problem with Crossfit. Some of the people can be a little obnoxious, but you can say that for some bodybuilders or anybody else for that matter

in a different post i was saying how cross fit ppl, at least here, try to make u feel like if you arent doing it THIER way your doing the wrong thing, and they are so much better, or know something you dont. I knew about taking off shoes for certain exercises in the 90's, .. they think power cleans are like a newly discovered exercise, the stuff that you do at cross fit was popular over 100 years ago,, as I said on different page feats that Sandow himself used to do, strong man type stuff like lifting a horse with one hand .. I hate the way they condescend to all others, and for me, I feel justified in saying something here as I figured the weight lifting purists might understand.. I cant say they are all like this,, but I have def had that experience, I dotn understand why they come down the street to the gym im at if all the people in in are so beneath them..
There is nothing worng with cross fit itself, old school BB'ers like Bill Pearl ued to do all kinds of things that were unconventional, look at old muscle beach pictures too, its the attitude and condescension I take issue with, this may not be a nationwide thing but locally it is very noticeable.

This is true.. no one is perfect.. and I am no one D:

Cross fit is fine. They like to work out like that, great.. Not a fail. They work hard like we do. There's some flaws, like focusing on proper technique sometimes, but no one style is perfect.

lollllllllllllllllll I had no idea this was a sensitive subject until after i made the post, but I had been rubbed the wrong way by a cross "fitter" when it came to mind (unfortunately not by taylor swift, who can rub me every way) i wouldnt mind if this thread got erased :/
locally there is a "we know it all" attitude among them though , i just cant identify with it.. if i didnt need centrum silver maybe I would even join and give it a shot.. given the price though..id really be stretching it
If Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus does it.. Bet your dick I'm going to

Top Bottom