napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

TRT and Prostate cancer

randons11

Hey guys,
I need someone knowledgeable to explain the risks of TRT and the increase chance of developing prostate cancer in men greater than their 40's, and the steps involved in reducing the chances. Also, the blood tests that needs to be done and anything along those lines to monitoring someone for prostate cancer on a TRT.

these are all questions for your endocrinologist to cover with you... if you are going to use trt and you have these concerns, you need to discuss them all with your doctor, period...

The important thing is to get regular blood work. I would recommend that you NOT take any DHT blockers like finasteride unless prescribed by your doctor due to BPH. Those drugs are horrible and can leave you with a dick that doesn't work.

Prolonged AAS use CAN have an impact on the prostate. The prostate is like anything else. It needs to be monitored just like anything.

There's a chance yes that's why it's important to get regular bloodwork. No one likes cancer but prostate cancer is generally not fatal like other forms of cancer.

TRT or not, you should be getting regular bloodwork, particularly over 40, along with annual prostate checks after 40. I'm 43 and still haven't had mine done. I know it's not something exactly fun lol, but it really is needed and I'm just have to get in there and have mine checked soon. Hoping for a doc with small hands at least lol

TRT or not, you should be getting regular bloodwork, particularly over 40, along with annual prostate checks after 40. I'm 43 and still haven't had mine done. I know it's not something exactly fun lol, but it really is needed and I'm just have to get in there and have mine checked soon. Hoping for a doc with small hands at least lol
absolutely right... i know that its not something fun at all and not something any of us like to or want to think about but it should actually be done in mid 30's as i am cringing saying that since im there now too.. lol

I've had my prostate checked 3 times. It doesn't hurt just more embarrassing more than anything. They are only in there for about 5 seconds. I do need to get my PSA checked.

these are all questions for your endocrinologist to cover with you... if you are going to use trt and you have these concerns, you need to discuss them all with your doctor, period...

I'm seeking this knowledge for my father by the way, not for me. Unfortunately, the doctors here (Trinidad and Tobago) aren't very open minded. Hence the reason I wanted to be well equipped with the knowledge when I do decide to have that talk with them for my father and to also be able to suggest the blood work that needs to be done and the frequency.
Currently my dad's serum testosterone is at around 168 ng/dL at age 52. I know for a fact that is extremely low, however, my doctor says it's normal for his age. I should say that my dad has almost all the side effects of low T.

A PSA (protein produced by the prostate) blood test to rule out the presence of cancer cells is a must before making any decision. Good luck

There are risk with everything in life. Finding a knowledge Dr in regards to a TRT program and doing a lot of research is key. Research the effects of lowering testosterone as we get older and how estrogen increases. I have been on TRT for 2 years now; since 35 yo. When I first started I had all of the signs of low T and my T level was 295. My TRT consist of 150 a week, AI every 3rd day, labs every 3 months and yearly exams. My T level averages 800 now and all of my other lab values are perfect. It has completely changed my life and I will never stop. I believe that there are more risk of having a high estrogen level than running TRT.

"Clinical standards" are not that reliable in certain cases, because there is the assumption that all people are equal regardless of age, height, general health, physical and physiological condition. It's a given that test levels decrease with age, and that the benefits of TRT outweigh, by far, the risks of low endogenous test concentrations. I would kick your current Dr in the nuts haha.

Top Bottom