napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Gym douchebaggery

That guy posting on here next month:

"Diet and training are on point and I'm ready to take it to the next level"

Haha. I once met this one guy, about 45 years old, MPB, high bodyfat, everything you would expect of a simple mid-life crisis dude.

I was doing incline dumbell chest presses, and I just finished my 2nd set (warm up sets). Did the last rep of that set and I put them down in front of me, after taking about a 45 second rest period, I wanted to pick them up again...

But then he just picked them up and walker away to do his sets. Utterly gobsmacked by this, my mouth nearly fell open. I asked him "Excuse me, I was not even close to being done."
He looked at me funny and then he said "I know, but I want to do MY exercise now." Then he just walked off. (I was just in some sort of shock what just had happened, haha.)

My friend looks at me and whispers "what the fuck is that guy thinking?" And I told him to forget it and go on working out.

I never said anything to him and just left the room we were in. Up until this day that must be the single most rediculous thing I ever experienced in the gym.

(Also, using momentum in his "lifts" and everything)

Fucked up man xD

That guy posting on here next month:

"Diet and training are on point and I'm ready to take it to the next level"
Actually that guy was me, I put in 10% effort to get down to 10% BF. I've been slacking and have been putting in 6.7% effort, thus the fat gain. 10% is the required number on all things.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

6 squat racks at my gym. Definitely not taken for granted. Maybe once every couple month i have to wait for a rack to open

I blame this shit on social media. There was a time where people trained "legs" for the benefit of training legs, now it's "booty day" or "cake day" Unfortunately the only gym in my area is the commercial type; LA Fitness, Fitness 19, etc and it's filled with 95lb "fit chicks" doing squat PR's with 10lb donuts. I must say wtf out loud an average of 20 times during a 90 min session. Good thing is I wear headphones, people assume I'm on the phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me tell you something. I'm 53 yrs old. I did some local competitive bodybuilding in my 20's. I worked out at Gold's Gym. Needless to say, everyone there was either a serious bodybuilder or a serious powerlifter. I remember if some powerlifter was loading the squat rack up and getting set under the bar for a massive lift and some moron would walk by, or close to the power rack, for whatever reason, the ass chewing would be epic.

Now, I go to LA Fitness. Many of the people in there are fucking clueless. I try so hard not to lose it. I'll see some female using the squat rack to do lunges or bicep curls (guys to). Or some dick on a bench texting for 20 min before doing his next set. The list is endless. I've seen guys on a portable bench with dumbells from 15 through 55 lbs all around the bench that he is using. It's a fucking joke. Guys doing DB bench with 70lbs screaming and grunting, then throwing the weights on the floor.

It's sickening to me.

Let me tell you something. I'm 53 yrs old. I did some local competitive bodybuilding in my 20's. I worked out at Gold's Gym. Needless to say, everyone there was either a serious bodybuilder or a serious powerlifter. I remember if some powerlifter was loading the squat rack up and getting set under the bar for a massive lift and some moron would walk by, or close to the power rack, for whatever reason, the ass chewing would be epic.

Now, I go to LA Fitness. Many of the people in there are fucking clueless. I try so hard not to lose it. I'll see some female using the squat rack to do lunges or bicep curls (guys to). Or some dick on a bench texting for 20 min before doing his next set. The list is endless. I've seen guys on a portable bench with dumbells from 15 through 55 lbs all around the bench that he is using. It's a fucking joke. Guys doing DB bench with 70lbs screaming and grunting, then throwing the weights on the floor.

It's sickening to me.

I feel ya man! Sounds like we train at the same place! I'm 55 and had been training exclusively at Golds for the better part of 30 years until I moved to this area. My only other option is one of those Self Made Training facilities. And believe me, I'll put up with the clueless noobs and the elderly, before I train in a place filled with tatted up, flat-billed Rich Piana wannabes

Haha. I once met this one guy, about 45 years old, MPB, high bodyfat, everything you would expect of a simple mid-life crisis dude.

I was doing incline dumbell chest presses, and I just finished my 2nd set (warm up sets). Did the last rep of that set and I put them down in front of me, after taking about a 45 second rest period, I wanted to pick them up again...

But then he just picked them up and walker away to do his sets. Utterly gobsmacked by this, my mouth nearly fell open. I asked him "Excuse me, I was not even close to being done."
He looked at me funny and then he said "I know, but I want to do MY exercise now." Then he just walked off. (I was just in some sort of shock what just had happened, haha.)

My friend looks at me and whispers "what the fuck is that guy thinking?" And I told him to forget it and go on working out.

I never said anything to him and just left the room we were in. Up until this day that must be the single most rediculous thing I ever experienced in the gym.

(Also, using momentum in his "lifts" and everything)

Fucked up man xD

Lol I had a similar incident where I was using a cable pulldown and hung a t-shirt on it AND asked a guy next to me to let people know it was being used as I took all of 12 seconds to get some water from the fountain 20 feet away. Some old guy like 70 something walks up and I'm watching him. The other guy says something to him and he tosses my shirt on the ground. I walk up and say excuse me Sir I'm using that. He went all aggro on me 'No you weren't nobody has been here for 20 minutes I was watching it. The other guy says he just walked off and came right back. 'No he wasn't and I don't care'. I shook my head and laughed as I was pissed af. Told the guy "take it before I get pissed" and walked off I was so mad I was steaming. Some other guy walks up like 5 minutes later and was like I saw that shit bro. Now here comes the old man, he put his hand on my shoulder and started to say something, but I interrupted that nonsense I yelled at that mofo "Get the fuck away from me you stupid mother fucker before I hurt you. I hope you go home and die mother fucker" I think he died that night. Never saw him again... oh well.

Lol I had a similar incident where I was using a cable pulldown and hung a t-shirt on it AND asked a guy next to me to let people know it was being used as I took all of 12 seconds to get some water from the fountain 20 feet away. Some old guy like 70 something walks up and I'm watching him. The other guy says something to him and he tosses my shirt on the ground. I walk up and say excuse me Sir I'm using that. He went all aggro on me 'No you weren't nobody has been here for 20 minutes I was watching it. The other guy says he just walked off and came right back. 'No he wasn't and I don't care'. I shook my head and laughed as I was pissed af. Told the guy "take it before I get pissed" and walked off I was so mad I was steaming. Some other guy walks up like 5 minutes later and was like I saw that shit bro. Now here comes the old man, he put his hand on my shoulder and started to say something, but I interrupted that nonsense I yelled at that mofo "Get the fuck away from me you stupid mother fucker before I hurt you. I hope you go home and die mother fucker" I think he died that night. Never saw him again... oh well.

Haha, ehh. That was exactly what I felt. So damn angry, but too amazed of his stupidity to actually say something xD

I feel ya man! Sounds like we train at the same place! I'm 55 and had been training exclusively at Golds for the better part of 30 years until I moved to this area. My only other option is one of those Self Made Training facilities. And believe me, I'll put up with the clueless noobs and the elderly, before I train in a place filled with tatted up, flat-billed Rich Piana wannabes

I have to tell you something funny as hell. In Gold's one day and at end of my lift I was riding the stationary bike. This other guy Tony also jumped on a bike. He was a decent guy, but a little bit of a douchebag. Not very big. Genetics were nothing to speak of, but he thought he was the shit. Now, there was this guy named Gary who was an absolute fucking monster powerlifter, except he wasn't fat. He was 5-6 215-220. Rock solid. Benched 605, deads and squat were also sick. He was one of the best up and coming powerlifters during this time. Well, he gets done deadlifting and he missed a weight and was pissed.

He's leaving the gym and has to walk past the stationary bikes. Tony starts to needle him about getting pussy or a girl. Gary walks over and rips him off the bike. At first, Tony thought Gary was joking. He says "Gary, stop. Come on bro stop." Now Gary drags him out the door. Everyone was scared of Gary so no one said shit. I happened to be friendly with him. I'm still on the bike and I hear people screaming at the gym owner to go outside and stop Gary. They were screaming "he's slamming him on the cement, Gary is going to kill him, do something!."

The gym owner looks out the window and turns around and says "fuck that. I'm not going out there." Lol

I walk outside and Gary is literally lifting him up and dropping him on the sidewalk. Then left him lying there in a heap.

This was like 30 yrs ago. Me and Gary still laugh about it today.

I have to tell you something funny as hell. In Gold's one day and at end of my lift I was riding the stationary bike. This other guy Tony also jumped on a bike. He was a decent guy, but a little bit of a douchebag. Not very big. Genetics were nothing to speak of, but he thought he was the shit. Now, there was this guy named Gary who was an absolute fucking monster powerlifter, except he wasn't fat. He was 5-6 215-220. Rock solid. Benched 605, deads and squat were also sick. He was one of the best up and coming powerlifters during this time. Well, he gets done deadlifting and he missed a weight and was pissed.

He's leaving the gym and has to walk past the stationary bikes. Tony starts to needle him about getting pussy or a girl. Gary walks over and rips him off the bike. At first, Tony thought Gary was joking. He says "Gary, stop. Come on bro stop." Now Gary drags him out the door. Everyone was scared of Gary so no one said shit. I happened to be friendly with him. I'm still on the bike and I hear people screaming at the gym owner to go outside and stop Gary. They were screaming "he's slamming him on the cement, Gary is going to kill him, do something!."

The gym owner looks out the window and turns around and says "fuck that. I'm not going out there." Lol

I walk outside and Gary is literally lifting him up and dropping him on the sidewalk. Then left him lying there in a heap.

This was like 30 yrs ago. Me and Gary still laugh about it today.

Lol, sounds like Tony got what was coming to him.

I'm not a people person, used to be when I was a reckless fuck, but age and hopefully what I think may be maturity have taught me that most people ain't shit. All of us gym rats are insecure and have issues to some extent. I just stand in amazement at how many of us are inept inside the gym.

Some great stories in this thread... I can't do the commercial gym thing. "Fitness" has become such a fad in todays generation. It's rare that you see someone with hardcore work ethic in the gym that just plain gets shit done..

Some great stories in this thread... I can't do the commercial gym thing. "Fitness" has become such a fad in todays generation. It's rare that you see someone with hardcore work ethic in the gym that just plain gets shit done..

Fucking agreed. "Casual" lifters are predominant everywhere it seems. I walk into the gym and am the oddity. People just look at me and I'm the guy who has nothing better to do than be in the gym taking it too seriously I guess.

If i was good at photo shop i would edit a picture of Rich wearing a kilt and a 10% shirt.... anyone???

xot3jO7.jpg

Hahahaha that's the best post you've made in a while. I wonder if that old fuckface was a nurse/med student?

Top Bottom