napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Gym douchebaggery

cmb5017

So this clown up in here today..bout 5' 8, 250, 35 percent bf. wearing a Texas hoodie (yea I had to throw that in there) took 30 minutes to set up a dead lift on the squat rack...bout 190 lbs...did half a rep set it back down...walking around the bar scratching his head not sure what to do..eventually a trainer walked over n asked if he could observe his form...so with all his might, shaking like a crack Fein, bending ever which way he finally got it up..while holding my giggles in I could picture 44 standing in the corner glaring at his ass while typing a 10 page thread on it..lol. trainer tried to straighten him out . he then tells trainer to watch his form on the 3rd rep...I guess one and two doesn't count?

If I had a dollar for every time I saw something similar in my gym I'd be able to wear mink speedo's as standard attire. I love the guys who just insist on using weight they really aren't ready for. I watched the ugliest knee bending, bounce popping, arm swinging'ist one arm side laterals today and just stood there in disbelief.

I think Today was his first time in the gym....he sat the bar on the ground, then put the weights on lol.

I think Today was his first time in the gym....he sat the bar on the ground, then put the weights on lol.
Well how else are you supposed to do it? Lol

Gotta start somewhere. Hopefully he didn't have the "I'm the baddest motherfucker in this place" attitude and swollen lat syndrome immediately after his partial warm up set.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I just can't watch some of the people doing squats I just cringe watching there shitty form. My favorite are the ego lifters who look around to see if anyone is watching there 310 half rep squat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most all squat racks have a rack at the bottom to set the bar..some even have hooks lower that that to set the bar.
That's where I add the plates. especially if it's light weight

Today I wore an Affliction tee w/ rhinestones, biker shorts. fanny pack, Stetson with Reebok xfit shoes and tube socks. Joking... I wore a PF shirt, kilt, combat boots and no underwear.

I blame this shit on social media. There was a time where people trained "legs" for the benefit of training legs, now it's "booty day" or "cake day" Unfortunately the only gym in my area is the commercial type; LA Fitness, Fitness 19, etc and it's filled with 95lb "fit chicks" doing squat PR's with 10lb donuts. I must say wtf out loud an average of 20 times during a 90 min session. Good thing is I wear headphones, people assume I'm on the phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always put the first pair of 45s on the bar while it's racked about hip height then set it on the ground.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

My gym only has 2 squat racks and an area for deadlifting which has a stand for all the barbells. So we have no choice but to have the bar on the ground. Loading and unloading the first plate is aids. Lol.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Most all squat racks have a rack at the bottom to set the bar..some even have hooks lower that that to set the bar.
The gym I go to only has one squat rack. And it's set up to be able to place stoppers on each side for support on squats. If I do deadlifts I have to put the bar on the ground then put weight on there. Otherwise I'll have to load up the barbell and clean that bad boy over the side rails to place it on the ground.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

If i was good at photo shop i would edit a picture of Rich wearing a kilt and a 10% shirt.... anyone???

Ya my gym has one squat rack and doesn't have that.

Top Bottom