napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Torn left pectoralis major tendon

juicedaddyjr

Unfortunately, last Saturday I tore my left pec. My muscles were saturated with Valhalla Viking blood. But, strong muscles don't translate to strong tendons I suppose. I was doing some lower rep sets on the bench with 405lbs, and they were going up smoothly. I figured hey, why not finish off with a few reps of 425lbs. Needless to say, it was a bad choice. I knew I should have stuck with my 405lb rule. I had surgery today to repair the tendon. My ortho said everything went perfectly and I should be back to full strength in about 24 weeks. Lesson learned here...don't make my mistake! Train smarter. 3 weeks in a sling!
39be72737384bfcffc428d35152eae6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's really shitty man. Good luck with a speedy recovery bro

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Wow. That's a shitty break. If 405 was going good its hard not to pull the trigger on a heavier set. Well wishes on a fast recovery. BTW we don't want that precious Viking blood to go to waste.......you wouldn't happen to be type O Negative would you? 😆😊😆😈💪💪💪

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

elbows in while pushing up the weight!

Always bro. I take form and warm up very seriously. I guess my tendon just wasn't prepared for this weight, especially after a couple heavy sets right before. Learned the hard way.

Wow. That's a shitty break. If 405 was going good its hard not to pull the trigger on a heavier set. Well wishes on a fast recovery. BTW we don't want that precious Viking blood to go to waste.......you wouldn't happen to be type O Negative would you? [emoji38][emoji4][emoji38][emoji48][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I actually am O- lol!

The crazy thing is I'm in the same boat except 405 flat bench lol and all my buddies keep telling me take it easy on the heavy weights and go for reps. It's tough when u drink Valhalla lol. But my elbows, tendons, ligaments have been really tight n sore to where I can't even flex hard. Too big too fast? But this is definitely a eye opener

Time to smith machine squat and leg press to Viking glory... I think you'll find healing a bit accelerated on Viking bloods.

Time to smith machine squat and leg press to Viking glory... I think you'll find healing a bit accelerated on Viking bloods.

Hell yeah. I may try your real high volume leg extension protocol as well...my body responds well to volume and 250-300 reps sounds killer. I am hopeful that this recovery will be improved bro!

Top Bottom