napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Female log: First cutting cycle with gw/ostarine stack

WEEK 6 - DOWN

Pulled back on training a little this week which has made a big difference. Still trying to find that happy middle ground while still pushing hard. Calories have been closer to 1500/1600.

Will not be officially measuring/weighing this week with the adjustments in nutrition/training. Did step on the scale a few times this week because I do. Weight sky-rocked up 6 lbs earlier this week then two days ago down 8lbs . The reason I say this isn't so much out of frustration because I still see progress despite some health issues last few weeks and not being able to give it my 120%. My point is (maybe more so for ladies) the scale is BS if you're re-comping as others have tried to tell me. I am building muscle. I do look different. It's not magic - but nothing is. It takes work and re-learning your bod if you've been ill or had injury. So don't give up! Keep adjusting and figuring out what's best for your own body. I'm a work in progress...lol And still believe the GW and Osta combo have made things happen faster than without. And I'm not done yet!!

Energy -- Not as good as it's been but I'm going to assume that's this bug still holding on.

Strength: It's certainly still there, though I'm not trying to increase weight this week (although pretty sure I could have)

Endurance/Cardio: It's not nearly as good the past two weeks BUT I'm not 100% health-wise and my immune system is not tip-top. VERY VERY Frustrating so I'm listening to my body and knowing the limits. This is not me saying Sarms pooped out on me. I'm pretty sure this is bad damn luck getting sick during the cycle and doing this with an already compromised immune system.

The Negatives update:

pimples! lol Seriously. WTH?? NEVER have an issue with this ever ever...but still worth it as long as they go away off cycle. I thought about dialing back the Ostarine to 12.5 for a few weeks to see if it went away but I don't really want to do that as I want to follow full protocol here.

Still some knee pain - old injury. But wasn't as bad 3 days later pulling the weight back on leg press/squats, etc.

For the last 6 weeks of this cycle as I mentioned I'm changing things up a little bit with type of training and playing with macros. I remember reading back how I had no appetite when I started. HAHAHA! What a joke that is now.

That's all for now. Positive vibes about the last half!

Actually had some added endurance today during a run - first time I've seen that in several weeks and went tired. Rotated my cardio and lifting around! So a positive day!

Actually had some added endurance today during a run - first time I've seen that in several weeks and went tired. Rotated my cardio and lifting around! So a positive day!
Awesome!!! I love a good cardio session!!! Glad to see you are feeling better. You're do I ng great and though I may not comment all the time I am continuously reading your updates. Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
Thanks MissBizz!

Cardio the past 3 days have been amazing. The endurance/stamina/distance has kicked into high gear. So switching around my cardio/lifting schedule has made a big difference in terms of 'training my cardio' verses just getting cardio in. ;)

Also recovery time on a few things (knock on wood) has been pretty impressive. I think I'm seeing the MK2866 benefits of that even more at this point in my training despite a few bumps late end of week 4 and part of 5 with the ear infection.

I don't want to give too much info yet as I'm still testing some of the other changes I've made - but things this week have gone a LOT better and back to how it was all going first 3.5-4 weeks. Moral of the story - keep going and keep getting to know yourself if you've been away from it for awhile, the body has changed with health matters or injury.

Loving it!

Dropped the ball with my weekly update but will post in detail tomorrow. Things are super busy - but wow - what a great week training and I can visually really start to see the fat loss now and so can others based on a few comments. Sorting out the proper calorie ratio has been a pain in the A$$ based on my situation getting back into all of this again but think I'm onto something after the re-jigging past two weeks. I will post tmrw as to how Week 7 went! :)

Dropped the ball with my weekly update but will post in detail tomorrow. Things are super busy - but wow - what a great week training and I can visually really start to see the fat loss now and so can others based on a few comments. Sorting out the proper calorie ratio has been a pain in the A$$ based on my situation getting back into all of this again but think I'm onto something after the re-jigging past two weeks. I will post tmrw as to how Week 7 went! :)

It's always nice to hear from other people the improvements they see in your physique. Keep it up and it'll get better and better. My battle cry for 2017 is "Commitment".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad everything is going so well, and I'm defnitely looking forward to that update! Keep up the great work!

It is nice, yes! Good word: commitment. I'm all over being all over this lifestyle again. Fingers crossed for healthy days to continue. lol

It's always nice to hear from other people the improvements they see in your physique. Keep it up and it'll get better and better. My battle cry for 2017 is "Commitment".

WEEK 7 - DOWN

OK, I'm already in week 8 so I'm super behind posting but here goes...

Weight went down 3lbs. I'm not getting super excited as it is just back down to where it was two weeks ago then went back up with the type of training/macros (heavy lifting and more food). I'm not going to lie, it messes a little with your head because you wonder if you're progressing or just bouncing water weight. BUT I have leaned out in the stomach/abs/back/chest...places you look 'chunky' if you put on the extra body fat.

Measurements down another 3 inches. (I didn't take measurements last week, so over 2 weeks.) A little slower but I'm getting closer to my usual #'s in tape measurement. At the end I may put up my #'s to compare/contrast.

I did take measurements on a day post carb/refeed meal the night before and took a big serving of psyllium prior to bed so in the AM I thought I looked a little fuller and not the best time to take pics/measurements. Nevertheless, still saw results with that!!

Energy -- Back baby, back! Full-on. Moved around lifting training/cardio training time. My time and distance improved in two run/jogs putting in 3.5 miles in the AM and then the gym to lift later.

Strength: It is there and improving. I put on two more plates for leg press this week (though I said I wasn't going to lift heavier and go for more volume) BUT I wanted to try. And Succeeded.

Endurance/Cardio: As I said, cardio and endurance really picked up this week. I need to up the cardio for the fat loss/leaning out factor. Also re-learning and adjusting to the best methods of pre-nutrition and what seems to be working.

The Negatives update:

The pimple thing has slowed down. Still there but not bad. So I know this isn't a normal side effect (I don't think) from Osta -- but honestly that is the only thing I changed and as said I NEVER have this issue. I realize it could be a fluke, but reporting it either way.

Still having knee pain and some foot pain but that's life. I'm pretty sure I'm recovering better than I would without SARMS. I will know soon enough when I do a short cycle natural to test this theory (and a few others for myself).

What I really want to mention is this. The mental clarity and focus and energy (not hyper as I've said) just good overall feeling. I know Vildail mentioned this too. Like a lot of us, I do happen to have a lot of outside stresses right now with big life changes happening and a lot are exciting and great, but still a lot that in the past I may have not managed the same. I think there's a lift with osta...I don't know if GW does that too??? If someone knows. And I have heard from others taking Osta they feel that great feeling and clarity. Honestly, that's almost enough reason to take it if you weren't training. LOL (Maybe not! Just saying...)

My last 5-7 weeks (ya I may tack on 2 extra weeks, undecided...think it's safe to do so and run it for 14 instead of 12) I really want to go balls to the walls. Everyone is different but I'm trying to sort out how to get as lean as possible with this cycle.

Advice Request! Any ladies or gents who have worked with ladies with the ultimate goal to lean out after having built some muscle, gain it fast...you've seen my updates if you're checking in.

7 weeks down, 7 to go committing to 14 week cycle.

I'm so much stronger than I was 7 weeks ago, it blows my mind!! I love it. I do look leaner and better. I have a ways to go for certain. I want to make the most of this first cycle and the last 7 weeks I want to focus on the lean out and not putting on more muscle. (For now)

Anyone see good results switching up the typical split lifting to a higher volume circuit style with some MMA cardio sessions and added AM jog/walk/spinning cardio? This is what I'm thinking for the next 7 weeks. I also will be gym-less (OH MY GOD!) for the last two weeks and will rely on bands/bodyweight due to travel and moving.

My cals are low this week and I felt so much better. I do one re-feed day at 1700 cals my first day of the week. Rest of the week is chiming in around 1100-1200.

Here's a stat update for midpoint. Not all measurements but the main ones:

WEEK 1:

Weight: 156lbs
Waist: 34" (belly/thickest)
Hips: 39"
Chest: 39"
Fattest part of thigh: 25"
Upper arm: 12.5"
Rib Cage: 32.5"

WEEK 7:

Weight: 151.5lbs
Waist: 30" (belly)
Hips: 37"
Chest: 36. 3/4"
Fattest part of thigh: 24.5"
Upper arm: 13" (??)
Rib Cage: 29"

My arms and legs are 'thick'. I don't like it. Short limbed, etc. as well so they don't need any more mass of any kind right now. ;)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks for the support, Vildail! You're kicking it beyond too!! I think GW is OK for up to 14 weeks. Maybe I misunderstood and MK2866 should stop at 12. Yup, I will stop it if that's what I should do.

And I agree, I think my cortisol always takes a beating with chronic insomnia but no doubt these are helping to lower it (or so it seems based on the well-being feeling). I feel good. And I do have to remember 2 years away isn't going to come back in 12 weeks, visually. (Maybe 15 years ago...?) BUT I gotta say strength, endurance and overall well-being...actually it can come back that fast!

you definitely would be apt to run higher volume and lower weights to help cut more... 15-20 reps at 60% of your max... thats the range for cutting or more physique type of lifting...

It is nice, yes! Good word: commitment. I'm all over being all over this lifestyle again. Fingers crossed for healthy days to continue. lol

Just put the sticks down.. substitute gaming for the gym.. wink. Wink. Lol.

Hey gamer girl!!! Nice to see your updates!!! The acne- yes when I ran the triple stack and the triple stack with the Sr I had some slight acne on my back and shoulders. Went away when I ended my cycles. I have ran stand alone gw and Sr and yes my sense of well being has been great!!!
Sr9009 and gw can both be ran 16 weeks. Then you need to take 2-3 weeks off. MK677 is a year straight, but then all other sarms are 12 weeks with 2-3 weeks off.
I agree with dylan, decrease your weight, increase on both sets and reps. Before I used to only do 3 sets of 8 reps on pretty much everything.... now I do at least 6 sets of 8-12 reps, and actually by doing this I am getting stronger and am almost at the weight I was with only 3 sets of 8. I took some time off so i gained some fat, but now I'm back on it and with this change, my fat is dropping pretty quickly.

I absolutely refuse to weigh myself anymore...i just can't do it. It discourages me way too much so now I just leave the scale alone, and for me this was a huge battle as I've been pretty fat before. Lol.

Keep it up.. you should jump in on the transformation challenge...you don't really have to do it for competition, but it's just another way to keep a log and keep it going.

Haha! Some days I feel I'm in a video game at the gym running around everywhere! LOL

This is great advice, all, Thanks! I've lowered the weight, moving faster, increased reps but not sets yet and will this week. Added more cardio though with runs/hills stuff and this week I'm throwing in some MMA cardio/circuit. I feel great!

Hey gamer girl!!! Nice to see your updates!!! The acne- yes when I ran the triple stack and the triple stack with the Sr I had some slight acne on my back and shoulders. Went away when I ended my cycles. I have ran stand alone gw and Sr and yes my sense of well being has been great!!!
Sr9009 and gw can both be ran 16 weeks. Then you need to take 2-3 weeks off. MK677 is a year straight, but then all other sarms are 12 weeks with 2-3 weeks off.
I agree with dylan, decrease your weight, increase on both sets and reps. Before I used to only do 3 sets of 8 reps on pretty much everything.... now I do at least 6 sets of 8-12 reps, and actually by doing this I am getting stronger and am almost at the weight I was with only 3 sets of 8. I took some time off so i gained some fat, but now I'm back on it and with this change, my fat is dropping pretty quickly.

I absolutely refuse to weigh myself anymore...i just can't do it. It discourages me way too much so now I just leave the scale alone, and for me this was a huge battle as I've been pretty fat before. Lol.

Keep it up.. you should jump in on the transformation challenge...you don't really have to do it for competition, but it's just another way to keep a log and keep it going.

OK good - not just me with the ache. It's calmed down some and it's not enough to make me panic or care too much while I'm using it, so it's all good.

Mother F...the scale. LOL I know. I just purchased a new one for travel and a set of callipers which I've never attempted to try. I prefer to go by clothes/mirror/photos and most likely won't know how to take my own BF for accuracy (but will try). I know they aren't exact but I'm curious. I had a friend take a look at my before and 7 week progress pics...putting them beside each other I see the changes more so that scale does seem like BS. I possibly look leaner (or certainly just as lean) as some photos I found 15lbs scale weight less...so I hear what you're saying. I'm not obsessed with it, but I still like to jump on it each week to check. I just am baffled it ain't moving. BUT the muscle is there, inches down so there's that proof. :)

The transformation challenge...is this another thread? I haven't looked yet so I will. Yes, I want to keep logging. Thanks for the encouragement!!! Appreciated. I'm liking the switch in my workout. A different kind of challenging and you realize new weak spots to challenge with balance/bodyweight movements.

hey bro, lay off the fucking gamers okay! LOLLL im a gamer so i get it! =)

Lol!! It's me convincing myself really. I'd get down hours and hours on end. Now when I talk about it, it's therapy so I don't get sucked back in. I have a problem.

Fuckin GamerGirls are always cool in my book.. especially OP. At least she has a healthy balance. I'm an extremist.

I'll be at your house DG playin without cha. I'd be like BruthaMan. I could picture you sayin it now.. "how the fuck did you get in my house bro!?!"

c05faf3e32ab0fcef6bd053d02500b42.jpg

OK good - not just me with the ache. It's calmed down some and it's not enough to make me panic or care too much while I'm using it, so it's all good.

Mother F...the scale. LOL I know. I just purchased a new one for travel and a set of callipers which I've never attempted to try. I prefer to go by clothes/mirror/photos and most likely won't know how to take my own BF for accuracy (but will try). I know they aren't exact but I'm curious. I had a friend take a look at my before and 7 week progress pics...putting them beside each other I see the changes more so that scale does seem like BS. I possibly look leaner (or certainly just as lean) as some photos I found 15lbs scale weight less...so I hear what you're saying. I'm not obsessed with it, but I still like to jump on it each week to check. I just am baffled it ain't moving. BUT the muscle is there, inches down so there's that proof. :)

The transformation challenge...is this another thread? I haven't looked yet so I will. Yes, I want to keep logging. Thanks for the encouragement!!! Appreciated. I'm liking the switch in my workout. A different kind of challenging and you realize new weak spots to challenge with balance/bodyweight movements.

The mirror is your best friend. The scale can be your worst enemy, always go by what you see in the mirror because that scale will mess with your mind and give you a false representation of what is really going on.

Keep hitting it hard. You are doing great!

Thanks RickRock! Agree with you 100%. And all of you reminding me is helping to know how to truly measure the success.

I must say - outside of all the physical benefits this cycle is having, the mental well-being and (KNOCK ON WOOD) overall health is what's making me smile the most! Ya, I got sick for a bit with that virus going around but got better much faster than in previous times catching a bug...sarms....GW??? I don't know. But this was one of my main reasons for giving this a try for overall health and stamina.

The mirror is your best friend. The scale can be your worst enemy, always go by what you see in the mirror because that scale will mess with your mind and give you a false representation of what is really going on.

Keep hitting it hard. You are doing great!

Top Bottom