napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Running GW-501516 (Cardarine) by itself?

bilalra1

Hey guys. I am new to the forums. I was wondering what you all and Dylan especially, think about running GW-501516 as a stand alone for 12 weeks, dosed at 20 mg/day, 30 mins before training and all at once in the AM on rest days, as per Dylan's recommendations? If this is not such a good idea, then what would be a better cycle for me to run if I were to run only a single compound? My goal is to recomp/gain strength and size mostly. I was really hoping to stay away from any suppressive SARMs as I would rather not mess with my body's hormones as I am still quite young and still developing (listening to Dylan's advice to youngsters). Another concern I have is about my intellectual abilities taking a toll. Will my mental/intellectual abilities and capacities be hindered or altered in any way by supplementing with Cardarine or any other SARMs for that matter? Also, should I get any blood work done if running only GW? I am a fairly experienced user in terms of various nootropics, stimulants, marijuana, and alcohol if that is of any relevance.

A little background about myself, I just turned 21 years old. I am 5'8, 165 lb, and am approximately in the 15-18% body fat range. I started taking training and nutrition seriously a little over 2 years ago. My current strength numbers for a 5x5 are 225 bench, 315 squat, and 405 deadlift. I like to train as a "powerbuilder" that is, performing my heavy compound lifts in the start of a workout and finishing with all the accessory movements. I have a strong grasp on macros, currently I am not tracking but when I start a cycle, I will be for sure. I'm thinking about doing a 165 P/ 70-80 F / 350+ C split for macros, staying in the 2800-3000 Calorie range for a recomp, and bumping the Calories even higher if I were to bulk. I have a family history on both my mother and father's side for diabetes, hyperlipidemia, and hypertension. I am an undergraduate biology major/pre-med hoping to pursue a degree in medicine and become a licensed physician in the future.

Last edited:
you are using drugs, alcohol and marijuana and you have concerns on something hindering your mental capabilities??? are you serious right now??? is this a joke?

gw is not used for recomposition etc... why dont you look at mk677 if you want something non suppressive? thats the best non suppressive for your goals.. it needs to be ran continuously for a year without cycling off... that's your best option... here is the link... you have to be careful because it is faked everywhere due to the extremely high cost to produce... sarmsx has PURE 677...

https://www.sarmsx.com/nutrobal-mk-677

Absolutely you can run GW by itself. It has no side effects except for the effect of burning fat first from induced cardio. GW is not going to help give you more strength but for sure will aid you in your ability to longer. Many users including myself ( been using GW now for 3 years) experience an effect where breath becomes much much easier to manage almost effortless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you are using drugs, alcohol and marijuana and you have concerns on something hindering your mental capabilities??? are you serious right now??? is this a joke?

I said I have experience with compounds, as I am a typical college student that smokes/drinks every now and then (usually the weekends). Been doing this for many years and have not had any mental capacities hindered up to this point (3.6 GPA and Dean's List every semester). I am not abusing these drugs, I have superb discipline and self-control, Dylan, don't worry about that. I was just worried that ingesting man-made PED's could have detrimental effects on cognition because most meatheads/bodybuilders i've met aren't all that bright if you know what I mean (aside from the people on this forum, yourself -Dylan, and some notable YouTuber's).

gw is not used for recomposition etc... why dont you look at mk677 if you want something non suppressive? thats the best non suppressive for your goals.. it needs to be ran continuously for a year without cycling off... that's your best option... here is the link... you have to be careful because it is faked everywhere due to the extremely high cost to produce... sarmsx has PURE 677...

https://www.sarmsx.com/nutrobal-mk-677

But in many of your videos on GW you state it CAN be used for recomposition?? and thats the problem with MK, I don't have the excess money or time to be on something for such a long period of time, being a broke college student and all. Is there any suppressive SARMs you'd recommend that are safe to take at 21 years old?

Absolutely you can run GW by itself. It has no side effects except for the effect of burning fat first from induced cardio. GW is not going to help give you more strength but for sure will aid you in your ability to longer. Many users including myself ( been using GW now for 3 years) experience an effect where breath becomes much much easier to manage almost effortless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback. So your saying it only has endurance and fat loss benefits? There is no way I can gain lean muscle tissue while running GW only?

But in many of your videos on GW you state it CAN be used for recomposition?? and thats the problem with MK, I don't have the excess money or time to be on something for such a long period of time, being a broke college student and all. Is there any suppressive SARMs you'd recommend that are safe to take at 21 years old?
its used in a recomposition cycle, of course because its the contributing piece to keeping fat out of the equation without sparing muscle... its a major part of it but you then need something that will put on size... mk2866 and s4 are going to be your best options to keep suppression the lowest... if you just want one sarm only for a recomp, im going to have say s4 first and then rad second followed by 2866... those can add lean size and really get that nice muscle growth... what i love about s4 first is the muscle hardening you obtain so even if, say, you get more size with 2866, its more PRONOUNCED with s4, so it appears bigger and looks a fuck of a lot better... so you have to decide from there bro.. unless you want to go the mk677 route but i feel with what you want, the options i gave were the best...

Thanks for the feedback. So your saying it only has endurance and fat loss benefits? There is no way I can gain lean muscle tissue while running GW only?

It can help anabolism, but it is not designed or intended for muscle gain, and I wouldn't expect anything substantial from it. If you are looking for something solo to help aid you in both muscle gain and fat loss with minimal suppression I would go with MK-2866 myself and run that for 12 weeks at 25mg per day.

Then of course run the pct afterwards.

1-12 MK-2866 25mg per day dosed in the am

PCT

Clomid 50/25/25/25
GW 20mg per day

https://www.sarmsx.com/stacks/sarms-mini-pct-stack-1

its used in a recomposition cycle, of course because its the contributing piece to keeping fat out of the equation without sparing muscle... its a major part of it but you then need something that will put on size... mk2866 and s4 are going to be your best options to keep suppression the lowest... if you just want one sarm only for a recomp, im going to have say s4 first and then rad second followed by 2866... those can add lean size and really get that nice muscle growth... what i love about s4 first is the muscle hardening you obtain so even if, say, you get more size with 2866, its more PRONOUNCED with s4, so it appears bigger and looks a fuck of a lot better... so you have to decide from there bro.. unless you want to go the mk677 route but i feel with what you want, the options i gave were the best...

Thank you for the prompt response, Dylan. So taking all your suggestions and @RickRock suggestions into consideration, this is the cycle layout:

weeks 1-12 mk2866 25mg/day, dosed once in the AM
1-12 gw-501516 20 mg/day, dosed once 30 min before workout and in the AM on rest days
13-16 mini pct protocols (50/25/25/25 Clomid, 20 mg/day gw-501516)

Dylan & RickRock---

For me currently, the most convenient time to dose my cardarine (running it by itself) is in the morning at about 7AM, and I workout later in the day at 3PM. Is this OK or would you strongly recommend finding a way to get the dose 30 min before? Thanks

Thank you for the prompt response, Dylan. So taking all your suggestions and @RickRock suggestions into consideration, this is the cycle layout:

weeks 1-12 mk2866 25mg/day, dosed once in the AM
1-12 gw-501516 20 mg/day, dosed once 30 min before workout and in the AM on rest days
13-16 mini pct protocols (50/25/25/25 Clomid, 20 mg/day gw-501516)

That looks perfct brother. Keep us updated on your results!

Dylan & RickRock---

For me currently, the most convenient time to dose my cardarine (running it by itself) is in the morning at about 7AM, and I workout later in the day at 3PM. Is this OK or would you strongly recommend finding a way to get the dose 30 min before? Thanks

It's optimal to take it 30 minutes before workout for the extra boost, but if that's really the only time you can dose that is fine. GW does have a long 24 hour halflife so you will still reap the benefits during your workout even if you dose early.

I'm new to sarms altogether and currently have just been using GW. It most certainly increases my Vo2 max and I take much shorter rests between weightlifting exercise sets. Great stuff!

awesome man! I'm going to run GW with LGD or Ostarine. I think, because I want size and strength more so than endurance because I think my conditioning is already adequate.

awesome man! I'm going to run GW with LGD or Ostarine. I think, because I want size and strength more so than endurance because I think my conditioning is already adequate.
gw and ostarine is a classic combo... i feel that would be an excellent start for you

Thank you for the input Dylan. What do you think about my proposed cycle:

1-12 mk866 25 mg/day dosed once in AM
1-12 gw501516 20 mg/day dosed 40 min pwo or once in AM on rest days
Mini pct protocol:
13-16
50/25/25/25 clomid
20 mg/day gw501516

Would this suffice for a 21 year old male without harming endocrinological development?

And should I get blood work done pre and post cycle? (Since mk2866 causes slight suppression) if so, what tests should I get done or ask my doctor for what specific blood panels?

And should I get blood work done pre and post cycle? (Since mk2866 causes slight suppression) if so, what tests should I get done or ask my doctor for what specific blood panels?
you should always do pre, mid and post cycle bloods bro... that way you have a baseline, then you have the chance to see mid way how they are effecting you and obviously post cycle to see if you are recovering, even though this is a very very mild cycle, it makes no difference, you should still do it anyway...

here are the links to purchase everything you need followed by the layout...

https://www.sarmsx.com/30-Off/30-off-gw-501516

https://www.sarmsx.com/30-Off/30-mk-2866

https://www.sarmsx.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=138

1-12 GW-510516 20 mg day… dosed all at once 30 minutes before workout and non workout days, all at once in the a.m.
1-12 mk-2866 25 mg day dosed once a day in the a.m.
9-12 d aspartic acid

Mini pct 13-16

clomid 50/25/25/25
gw-501516 20 mg day

Thank you for the layout, Dylan. I have a few questions.

1) what is the d aspartic acid in weeks 9-12 for?

2) after completing the pct and finishing the full 16 weeks, how long should my natty break last after those 16 weeks before I want to hop back on a different SARMs cycle?

3) would you recommend me running only mk2866 my first cycle and running mk2866 and gw501516 for the 2nd cycle or vice versa?

Top Bottom