napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

What did you eat for lunch today?

BBQ chicken sand

gDk6JpE.jpg

I've been doing that intermittent fasting as of late, so my first meals are usually pretty intense lol. I should have taken a pic of my masterpiece today, but I was too hungry to wait.

Organic Mozzarella En Carozza:
2 pieces Sprouted Grain Bread
3 Eggs
4oz. Fresh Mozzarella
1/2 tbsp 100% grass-fed butter
1/2 cup of marinara for topping (very low calorie since there's pretty much three ingredients)

I soak the bread in the egg until it's all absorbed, grease the griddle with the butter then proceed like a grilled cheese sandwich. I love this sandwich because it is a macro-monster:

Fat: 41.5G
Carbs: 37G
Fiber: 8G
Protein: 50G
Calories: 744 (which is why I do it on a day of intermittent fasting) Still have 932 calories in my deficit.

I've been doing that intermittent fasting as of late, so my first meals are usually pretty intense lol. I should have taken a pic of my masterpiece today, but I was too hungry to wait.

Organic Mozzarella En Carozza:
2 pieces Sprouted Grain Bread
3 Eggs
4oz. Fresh Mozzarella
1/2 tbsp 100% grass-fed butter
1/2 cup of marinara for topping (very low calorie since there's pretty much three ingredients)

I soak the bread in the egg until it's all absorbed, grease the griddle with the butter then proceed like a grilled cheese sandwich. I love this sandwich because it is a macro-monster:

Fat: 41.5G
Carbs: 37G
Fiber: 8G
Protein: 50G
Calories: 744 (which is why I do it on a day of intermittent fasting) Still have 932 calories in my deficit.
I have yet to find grass fed butter where im from. Got to talk to some store mgrs. Your breakfast sounds amazing and the chili that NY and Montgomery did damn. Freaking awesome. Its funny alot of people go out and spend money to get meals like the ones you guys are already cooking. All of you are great cooks. Im in the process too. Ive been learning alot from all of you. Thanks for posting.

(Enrique)

I have yet to find grass fed butter where im from. Got to talk to some store mgrs. Your breakfast sounds amazing and the chili that NY and Montgomery did damn. Freaking awesome. Its funny alot of people go out and spend money to get meals like the ones you guys are already cooking. All of you are great cooks. Im in the process too. Ive been learning alot from all of you. Thanks for posting.

(Enrique)
Most stores I've come across carry this butter. Sometimes it's hiding in the deli area.
da58ad69c59694357cf32dd3ec8977bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Sorry to put a damper, but Kerrygold is no longer 100% grass-fed and if you're someone avoiding the GMO thing, I'd stay away. You can google it, they've been misleading people. The one I use is called Allgau German Grass-Fed Butter:

german-butter.jpg

It's available in most Whole Foods.

Organic Valley makes a "Pasture Raised" butter, which isn't 100% but is pretty darn close. I think like 98 or 99% of their feed is grass.

Two other brands to look for are Anchor from New Zealand and Smjor from Iceland; those are really hard to find, but sometimes Whole Foods has them. They're fantastic.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. My wife and i are going to have to make the extra effort to get to the whole foods store that is a little too far but i will make it worth it by getting other things there as well.

(Enrique)

Dude, use ground sirloin with taco seasoning. The best way to use ground beef in an omelette!

Last edited:
I started today ramping up my eating and getting cleaner. I'm intermittent fasting, so my lunch was my breakfast today and I made the following:

1 Scoop Green Superfood Powder
1 Tbsp Powdered Beets
1 Tbsp Raw Cacao
1 Tbsp Chia Seed
2 Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream Whey from ON
1 1/2 Cups Almond Milk

Basically tastes like Red Velvet. If you subtract the protein and use only 1 cup almond milk, that's the drink I usually chug down every morning with my probiotic. I call it my "Power Drink," so this would be my "Power Shake."

I'm on a 1700 calorie deficit, so nothing too extreme, so I still have 1212 calories to go today. LOVE intermittent fasting! My one little trick is black coffee when I wake up to help curb hunger for a few hours.

Turkey Hill better than Jeni's??? I mean, I have no problem trying ice cream out, but seriously?

I have not found any store-bought ice cream that rivals Jeni's yet. The only flavor of Jeni's that was slightly underwhelming was the Sweet Potato White Chocolate Eclair. The Almond Crunch is pretty dang good.

Currently I'm on the Halo Top wagon. I wasn't wild about their original flavors, but they've now come out with some pretty amaze-balls flavors that are way creamier.

Turkey Hill better than Jeni's??? I mean, I have no problem trying ice cream out, but seriously?

I have not found any store-bought ice cream that rivals Jeni's yet. The only flavor of Jeni's that was slightly underwhelming was the Sweet Potato White Chocolate Eclair. The Almond Crunch is pretty dang good.

Currently I'm on the Halo Top wagon. I wasn't wild about their original flavors, but they've now come out with some pretty amaze-balls flavors that are way creamier.

The one I posted is better then Jeni's deepest….the other flavors not even close…..I know it sounds strange.
Halo top is ok….over rated IMO…more of a protein frozen desert then ice cream

The one I posted is better then Jeni's deepest….the other flavors not even close…..I know it sounds strange.
Halo top is ok….over rated IMO…more of a protein frozen desert then ice cream

I agree for the most part, but there's a few new flavors that hit it out of the park: Red Velvet, Pistachio and Cookies & Cream. They're MUCH creamier and MUCH more ice cream-like than the others.

I definitely recommend that Brambleberry Crunch from Jeni's. I want to the Churro one as well, but I think I have to burnout on my current favorite first. When I'm spending $10 a pint for ice cream on my cheat day, I'm less risky. I hate getting something on my cheat and it disappointing; totally kills the cheat.

I will try the brambleberry crunch next... the store I go to only caries 3 flavors and that is one of them

The Whole Foods near me has like six or seven flavors. That chocolate one is off the hook; it was the first one I tried.

Funny story; when I got the brambleberry crunch I loved it, but there was very little of the berry syrup. I email them and told them I loved their ice cream, but there was very little sauce. They wound up mailing me a pint in this huge freezer type box. Gotta love companies that go out of their way and now they have a loyal customer.

Top Bottom