napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Weed

JackSteel said:
21infantry said:
Becool12 said:
Saliva or high THC strains make me extremely paranoid, yet primarily CBD strains make me feel very relaxed and focused. I don't really get paranoid anymore but definitely use to. It should be legalized everywhere. I know a guy opening up a shop, obviously a legal state.

Be careful bro, the ATF and Feds don't care if its legal in your state. My Aunts neighbors had a licsecne to grow and sell the Weed. ATF busted through the door, now there facing 25 years in Federal Prison. Remember Weed is still illegal by the Federal Government, so there is truly no state that has legal weed.

But I regress, I don't smoke weed, I have in the past and don't care for it. But I think it should be completely legal, tax the crap out of it and use the money to fight obesity, the number 1 killer in America.
Which is dumb and shouldn't be allowed to happen needless to say because state laws trump federal if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dam near entrapment, but all the cannabis shops that sell weed have to pay FEDERAL TAXES tho so WTF!?!?

21infantry said:
JackSteel said:
21infantry said:
"Becool12" said:
Saliva or high THC strains make me extremely paranoid, yet primarily CBD strains make me feel very relaxed and focused. I don't really get paranoid anymore but definitely use to. It should be legalized everywhere. I know a guy opening up a shop, obviously a legal state.

Be careful bro, the ATF and Feds don't care if its legal in your state. My Aunts neighbors had a licsecne to grow and sell the Weed. ATF busted through the door, now there facing 25 years in Federal Prison. Remember Weed is still illegal by the Federal Government, so there is truly no state that has legal weed.

But I regress, I don't smoke weed, I have in the past and don't care for it. But I think it should be completely legal, tax the crap out of it and use the money to fight obesity, the number 1 killer in America.
Which is dumb and shouldn't be allowed to happen needless to say because state laws trump federal if I'm not mistaken.

Nope Federal Law trumps State law. That is why Gay Marriage is the law of the land 4/5 of states have a overwhelming majority that don't support gay marriage. It is what it is.
Well our country doesn't exactly follow the constitution anymore. In fact it's the enemy of this administration. States have the right to vote on federal laws and whether to uphold them or not. It was meant this way at the founding of the country but they've since changed the way our "free" country works.

Or I could be mistaken. But I know the states can vote and over rule the Feds if a certain number of states disagree with it. Not to mention the fact that the government reaps millions every year from legal weed sales that they then confiscate and jail the law abiding citizens. And last but not least the CIA is responsible for shipping in most of the drugs in this country on record so they have no right to jail anyone for drugs or anything else for that matter.

JackSteel said:
Or I could be mistaken. But I know the states can vote and over rule the Feds if a certain number of states disagree with it. Not to mention the fact that the government reaps millions every year from legal weed sales that they then confiscate and jail the law abiding citizens. And last but not least the CIA is responsible for shipping in most of the drugs in this country on record so they have no right to jail anyone for drugs or anything else for that matter.

your talking about amending the Consitiution which is basic rights of the individual and the division of the Government and responsibilities of the Government at Local, State and Federal level. Federal Laws are the law of the land and can not be overturned unless rules by the Supreme Court as unconstitutional. Of course the Feds cant enforce all the laws on the books themselves, so they rely on Local and State Governments to enforce Federal law to some degree. Some states do this to some degree some more and others. If states don't comply with these federal laws or mandates the Federal Government will squeeze these states by denying them Federal funding for Schools, rodes etc etc, so its in the states best intrest to comply with Federal law. Of course Congress can always appeal Federal Laws with a majority vote and the presidents signature on it or 2/3 majority vote with no presedential signature on it, this option is rarely done anymore.

There are two basic levels in the U.S legal system: federal law and state law. A federal law applies to the nation as a whole and to all 50 states whereas state laws are only in effect within that particular state.

If a state law gives people more rights than a federal law, the state law is legally supposed to prevail. This means state law will always supersede federal law when the person in question stands to gain more from the state law, right?

Wrong. The law that applies to situations where state and federal laws disagree is called the supremacy clause, which is part of article VI of the Constitution. The supremacy clause contains what's known as the doctrine of pre-emption, which says that the federal government wins in the case of conflicting legislation. Basically, if a federal and state law contradict, then when you're in the state you can follow the state law, but the feds can decide to stop you. When there is a conflict between a state law and federal law, it is the federal law that prevails. For example, if a federal regulation prohibits the use of medical marijuana, but a state regulation allows it, the federal law prevails.

21infantry said:
JackSteel said:

your talking about amending the Consitiution which is basic rights of the individual and the division of the Government and responsibilities of the Government at Local, State and Federal level. Federal Laws are the law of the land and can not be overturned unless rules by the Supreme Court as unconstitutional. Of course the Feds cant enforce all the laws on the books themselves, so they rely on Local and State Governments to enforce Federal law to some degree. Some states do this to some degree some more and others. If states don't comply with these federal laws or mandates the Federal Government will squeeze these states by denying them Federal funding for Schools, rodes etc etc, so its in the states best intrest to comply with Federal law. Of course Congress can always appeal Federal Laws with a majority vote and the presidents signature on it or 2/3 majority vote with no presedential signature on it, this option is rarely done anymore.
I'm sure you're right lol I think I am confusing it with a certain scenario. Thing is the constitution has been amended so much that it doesn't even resemble what it first was. I learn mostly about what the original was and the Magna Carta aspects. I couldn't tell you what it says today because it's FUBAR. Major manipulation from the beginning and trying to blow the country in the direction of an authoritarian corporatocracy. But I digress. Lol I've been ranting on politics all night. Not just here [SMIRKING FACE]

Top Bottom