napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Understanding Your Blood Panel Test Results.

Great post, really informative.
Got a bit confused when I read this bit - "Nevertheless, a quick remonder: your HDL should be 35 or higher; LDL below 130;
My last bloods came back as Serum HDL cholesterol 2.0 and Serum LDL cholesterol 1.9, bears no resemblance to the above figures, then I worked out they must be quoted in different units of measurement. Mine were in mol/L, the units that seem to be used this side of the pond whereas in the US you use mg/dL. Something to bear in mind when trying to decipher any results.

This should definetly be a sticky!!! Great info here!!! Will be referring back to this post often to compare my number after bloodwork!!!

yes, everyone please make it a point to read this thoroughly... just to reiterate, these are the areas that absolutely need checked on a panel...

Complete Blood Count (CBC) w/ Differential: Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; immature granulocytes
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile ( includes eGFR ): A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum; eGFR
Estradiol
Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
Luteinizing Hormone (LH)
Testosterone, Total - Women, Children, and Hypogonadal Males, LC/MS-MS

Top Bottom