napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Testing with your primary care physician!

mellomuscle

So i wanted to start a thread because i haven't in a while and i miss the interaction as well with the fact i feel this is a great discussion to have!

So i've heard many scare stories about not telling your primary care technition about personal steroid usage and that nulling your insurance for certain issues you may have.

How about we talk about various ways to get your bloods ordered from your doctor without raising suspicion!?

Asking for total and free testosterone is quite simple, simply say you're feeling lethargic despite your diet or exercise habits changing and you read online it may be due to low test. Only thing is that they may have you pay for the test.

Only other one i can think about is saying you fell into a depression and have drank a lot in the past month in order to be able to get bloodwork for your kidneys and liver. This alcohol binge should be mentioned prior to asking for a test on your testosterone levels because habitual alcohol consumption may lead to low testosterone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been open about everything with my physician, he doesn't support my decision but he understands and works with me

I've been open about everything with my physician, he doesn't support my decision but he understands and works with me

And he hasn't said anything about your insurance or does he have you pay for most of your blood work? Elaborate please bud :)

And he hasn't said anything about your insurance or does he have you pay for most of your blood work? Elaborate please bud :)

No mention of anything insurance related, but that's because I've been paying for things out of pocket. I'm sure that there may be a way around it, but I haven't tried making up any stories

different doctors are going to have different responses... if you have a good relationship with your doctor you should be fine but for me, im a believer in its nobodies fucking business why you want to test your blood... you are asking an impossible question though because its completely dependent upon YOUR doctor... you can get your own blood test here without asking any fucking doctor anything... www.privatemdlabs.com/lp/Female_Hormone_Testing.php

I live in mass which is the reason for my originating this thread. But i can use that and go to RI or NH it's just the slight hassle. But as for before my next cycle that's the test i will use and I'll drive up to NH.

You wanting to look at health values should never be questioned by your doctor. Just tell him you are trying to live a healthy lifestyle and you want to know what all your values look like, so you know what needs addressed.. It's your own right to know my insurance requires and pays for mine every year which doesn't cost me anything. Just got my results back as a matter of fact. Regardless you shouldn't be questioned on wanting to look at a blood screening for general health

You wanting to look at health values should never be questioned by your doctor. Just tell him you are trying to live a healthy lifestyle and you want to know what all your values look like, so you know what needs addressed.. It's your own right to know my insurance requires and pays for mine every year which doesn't cost me anything. Just got my results back as a matter of fact. Regardless you shouldn't be questioned on wanting to look at a blood screening for general health
exactly... its all about YOUR health, and its YOUR concern as to why you want it tested and you can say whatever you want for the reason..

Yah so my doc got back to me and said he didn't test for the things i requested just for fatigue and for me to go in and have a consultation for why im fatigued. I was like, "nah im good."

So he basically denied me of being tested for fsh, lh, free and total test, and estradiol.

Yah so my doc got back to me and said he didn't test for the things i requested just for fatigue and for me to go in and have a consultation for why im fatigued. I was like, "nah im good."

So he basically denied me of being tested for fsh, lh, free and total test, and estradiol.

Time to go see someone else if he won't treat you correctly

I reported a lot of sleep issues, weight gain, no libido, no results in the gym, etc. the last one being a lie, but then asked to have full bloods done including test panel and estro levels...

He told me I was not a woman and he wouldn’t test for that 😂 “stay away from preworkouts they’re full of ph’s” stuff like that. My test level came back at 248, and he didn’t see that as an issue...i’d just came off a ph at the time so it’s higher now, but he thinks I’m still that low.

My bloods are free with my insurance so i’d definitely prefer to get them that way.

there are plenty of other doctors out there to go to... do a bit of research and see if you can find someone more "friendly" to what you need as well...

Great advice everyone, im coming off my parents insurance in a year so i have that time to research, and until then I'll just pay for my own bloodwork! 🤷🏽*♂️

Top Bottom