napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Steroids the Series Opinion Video: Why do steroids get a bad name? A new video by Dylan Gemelli

Thanks for the video and all the content you put out. I wanted to add, if you don't mind, how the media contributed greatly to the steroids are bad hysteria. The media will report that steroids are the scourge of the modern era and exaggerate the claims of "roid rage" (no such thing IMO), cancer, tumors, ravaging our high schoolers and sports athletes. Congress changed the classification of steroids to a schedule III drug, on par with cocaine, heroin, etc, for nothing more than political reasons. Even the DEA recommended not to schedule steroids.

We know there are health risks with steroids, but they have been grossly distorted. For one example, look at the pro wrestler Chris Benoit, who had killed his wife and son. His toxicology report showed elevated levels of alcohol, Xanex, Hydrocodone and that he suffered traumatic brain injury, most likely from concussions during his wrestling career. The first thing the media did was blame it on steroids and sensationalized the case. Then you have cases where a teenage kid, who suffers from depression (and it runs in the family) uses steroids. He commits suicide and his family blames his short time steroid use. Nevermind the fact the kid was on antidepressants that are known to cause suicidal thoughts, as well as a family history of it.

This type of sensationalized and false reporting by the media, causes the general population to have a severely manipulated opinion of steroids.

So, now we are at the point where a responsible adult can be charged with a felony for a bottle of test in his possession that is not prescribed by a Dr. Or, someone who sells a few bottles gets charged with a delivery/trafficking charge. It's absurd.

i agree people mis-using them is a big factor. half the guys mobster and I have been doing podcasts on drop dead or lose kidney's before 50. steroids are slow killers, they aren't an overnight thing so guys think it won't happen to them

i actually think they don't get enough of a bad name because people think they only mess up your reproductive system, they don't realize the effects on the organs, prostate, and all the other risks that take years to come to fruition

Thanks for the video and all the content you put out. I wanted to add, if you don't mind, how the media contributed greatly to the steroids are bad hysteria. The media will report that steroids are the scourge of the modern era and exaggerate the claims of "roid rage" (no such thing IMO), cancer, tumors, ravaging our high schoolers and sports athletes. Congress changed the classification of steroids to a schedule III drug, on par with cocaine, heroin, etc, for nothing more than political reasons. Even the DEA recommended not to schedule steroids.

We know there are health risks with steroids, but they have been grossly distorted. For one example, look at the pro wrestler Chris Benoit, who had killed his wife and son. His toxicology report showed elevated levels of alcohol, Xanex, Hydrocodone and that he suffered traumatic brain injury, most likely from concussions during his wrestling career. The first thing the media did was blame it on steroids and sensationalized the case. Then you have cases where a teenage kid, who suffers from depression (and it runs in the family) uses steroids. He commits suicide and his family blames his short time steroid use. Nevermind the fact the kid was on antidepressants that are known to cause suicidal thoughts, as well as a family history of it.

This type of sensationalized and false reporting by the media, causes the general population to have a severely manipulated opinion of steroids.

So, now we are at the point where a responsible adult can be charged with a felony for a bottle of test in his possession that is not prescribed by a Dr. Or, someone who sells a few bottles gets charged with a delivery/trafficking charge. It's absurd.
WELL said brother and very very pertinent information as well... if i could cram in everything i would but this topic would have taken hours on end so i definitely appreciate the added info!

i agree people mis-using them is a big factor. half the guys mobster and I have been doing podcasts on drop dead or lose kidney's before 50. steroids are slow killers, they aren't an overnight thing so guys think it won't happen to them

i actually think they don't get enough of a bad name because people think they only mess up your reproductive system, they don't realize the effects on the organs, prostate, and all the other risks that take years to come to fruition
100 percent bro.. you and I have seen it all over all these years!

Definitely a lot of reasons they get a bad name, with abuse being the biggest reason

The negative side of things is always portrayed in the media vs any positive. People see that and think steroids are bad all together without doing any research.

Top Bottom