napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Southwestern chicken bowl

ibleedoranbla

This is something I'm eating everyday and it's unbelievably delicious, it's also my preworkout meal. I just made that name up if anyone has a better name feel free to name it.

10ozs grilled chicken breast. You can basically season this however you want but I season mine with, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, garlic, cilantro, chipotle chilli pepper, and black pepper.

1 avocado peeled and smashed seasoned with, garlic, black pepper, cilantro, chipotle chilli pepper, splash of lime juice, 1 tablespoon of house of tsang spicy szechuan sauce, 3 tablespoons of whole foods black bean and corn salsa. Blend all that up into a nice guacamole.

1 cup of brown rice or rice of your choice.

Mix the chicken, rice, and guacamole in a big bowl and enjoy!

765 calories
63 grams protein
25.5 grams fat
64 grams carbs
13 grams fiber

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Delicious and SUPER-CLEAN bro! I love it! Some peeps might cringe at the thought of 25g of fat in a 765 cal meal, but it's the proper fats from that avocado. It ain't bacon grease!

That sounds pretty awesome, though the fat content is a little high for my liking. That's about half of my daily intake of fat in one meal

prestigealaska said:
Delicious and SUPER-CLEAN bro! I love it! Some peeps might cringe at the thought of 25g of fat in a 765 cal meal, but it's the proper fats from that avocado. It ain't bacon grease!

Yea, it really is delicious. If you're not carb conscious you could throw it on a big spinach wrap and have one hell of a burrito. Also, you could throw some fat free sour cream on it, if you really wanted to get wild, lol. I know what you mean though,about the fat, it seems high but they are very good fats and I intermittent fast, so I only eat 4 meals a day.

RickRock said:
That sounds pretty awesome, though the fat content is a little high for my liking. That's about half of my daily intake of fat in one meal

It is really good, bro. The fat content is high but it is all healthy fats and like I said to prestige because I do IF, I'm only eating 4 meals a day. So, my meals calories and macros are going to be higher than those eating 6-8 meals a day.

ibleedoranbla said:
prestigealaska said:

Yea, it really is delicious. If you're not carb conscious you could throw it on a big spinach wrap and have one hell of a burrito. I Know what you mean though,about the fat, it seems high but they are very good fats and I intermittent fast, so I only eat 4 meals a day.

I love making wraps/burritos so I use these High-Fiber Low Carb whole wheat tortillas from La Tortilla Factory - only 6g net carbs because of the high fiber and you can find them in the tortilla section of most grocery stores across the US.

ibleedoranbla said:
RickRock said:

It is really good, bro. The fat content is high but it is all healthy fats and like I said to prestige because I do IF, I'm only eating 4 meals a day. So, my meals calories and macros are going to be higher than those eating 6-8 meals a day.

Oh I absolutely agree, the fat content is definitely healthy fats, but still at the moment just not really something that fits my current macros and goals. I do think this is a great recipe and something that I think sounds awesome. This fall/winter when I go more bulk mode, I will definitely be giving it a go. Thank for posting this up brother!

Re: RE: Re: Southwestern chicken bowl

RickRock said:
ibleedoranbla said:
RickRock said:

Oh I absolutely agree, the fat content is definitely healthy fats, but still at the moment just not really something that fits my current macros and goals. I do think this is a great recipe and something that I think sounds awesome. This fall/winter when I go more bulk mode, I will definitely be giving it a go. Thank for posting this up brother!
I completely understand that, it's all about them macros. Definitely give it a try when you're ready, it's super delish. Here are some pics in case my directions were confusing.

8808cd15245815e9dd4992ed9152e940.jpg

2a029ffab5225dea005f4d493b493248.jpg

4459eca10babdf4561b7e3577bf1e5ec.jpg

e992c210c115c5cd2a0a2c84d60c8c8a.jpg

I cook and prep all my chicken and rice on Saturdays for the whole week. I make the guacamole fresh every night. I then take my prepped chicken, rice, and guacamole to work the next day and heat the chicken and rice in the microwave and then mix it in with the guacamole. I eat this ~90 minutes before my workout.

prestigealaska said:
ibleedoranbla said:
prestigealaska said:

Yea, it really is delicious. If you're not carb conscious you could throw it on a big spinach wrap and have one hell of a burrito. I Know what you mean though,about the fat, it seems high but they are very good fats and I intermittent fast, so I only eat 4 meals a day.

I love making wraps/burritos so I use these High-Fiber Low Carb whole wheat tortillas from La Tortilla Factory - only 6g net carbs because of the high fiber and you can find them in the tortilla section of most grocery stores across the US.
Yea, I was eating wraps like that for a couple of years but I just gave them up a couple of months ago when I started cutting. The ones I used were called ole extreme wellness, high fiber, low carb wraps. They are really good with a lot of fiber.

ibleedoranbla said:
RickRock said:
ibleedoranbla said:
RickRock said:

I completely understand that, it's all about them macros. Definitely give it a try when you're ready, it's super delish. Here are some pics in case my directions were confusing.

I cook and prep all my chicken and rice on Saturdays for the whole week. I make the guacamole fresh every night. I then take my prepped chicken, rice, and guacamole to work the next day and heat the chicken and rice in the microwave and then mix it in with the guacamole. I eat this ~90 minutes before my workout.

That definitely looks very good man. I will be trying it at some point for sure

ibleedoranbla said:
RickRock said:
"ibleedoranbla" said:
"RickRock" said:

Great post bro, nice pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ibleedoranbla said:
And here is the final product, right before I destroy it....

ecb1f1bb27cfbffb51a78d9445f43717.jpg

LOL very nice brother... THANK YOU for posting pictures of the entire process... That is so beneficial for everyone to know how it is supposed to look throughout the process of cooking it... It is great to see visuals and this is so ideal on how this needs to be done... Thanks brother!

DylanGemelli said:
ibleedoranbla said:
And here is the final product, right before I destroy it....

ecb1f1bb27cfbffb51a78d9445f43717.jpg

LOL very nice brother... THANK YOU for posting pictures of the entire process... That is so beneficial for everyone to know how it is supposed to look throughout the process of cooking it... It is great to see visuals and this is so ideal on how this needs to be done... Thanks brother!
I try to be as detailed as possible. I'm glad you liked the pics reverb though my workout partner said it looked like a bowl of vomit, hahaha. More for me.

Top Bottom