napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Skinny fat. Bulk or cut? And how much Cardio, if at all do you recommend?

I downloaded MyFitnessPal, and I chose the option to lose 1lb per week until I reach 185. Based on my height (6'1) current weight (203lbs) and activity level ( Active: workouts 3-5 days) it told that I need to eat 2420 calories per day. These are the macros that I chose, Protein: 272g, carbs:151g, fats: 81g. Tell me which ones I should lower or up them up. I currently don't have my entire meal plan, but I am reasearching which healthy carbs and fats I should eat.

@ Ironlifter, I just redo the TDEE calculator. Same stats that you put; 6'1, 203lbs, 25% body fat, only difference is that I put moderate activity (workouts 3-5 days) . It's says I need to be in a 500 calorie deficit, so I should eat 2386 calories a per day. Then it gives me the option to choose a carb maintenance diet, given the fact that I'm an endomorph, lower carb suites me the best. These are the macros it gave me; 239g (P), 106g (F), 119g (C)

I think the fat is a little high. I would lower the fat to 51 grams and increase carbs to 200 grams. Here is what I would do, I would take a couple of weeks of eating to hit the numbers and be diligent with charting every meal. Get a start weight first thing in the morning before eating with minimum clothing on. This is the way you will weigh yourself every week at the same time with the same routine. Do not weigh yourself at different time as it won't be accurate to compare the weights. After two weeks see if your weight has gone down, stayed the same or increased and make adjustments to you plan from there. For example if your weight stayed the same for the two weeks then 2,420 calories is your maintenance and you should reduce it by 500 calories. The two weeks is to test your numbers to enusure you are heading towards 185lbs. The calorie calculators are only estimates so this will give you and accurate gauge of how your body responds to these nutrient at these numbers.
For me I always make adjustments to my carbs and keep protein and fat steady throughout the cut.
Protein sources: boneless skinless chicken breast, eggs, pork loin, turkey breast, ground turkey 99% ff.
Carb sources: brown rice, white rice, sweet potatoe, plain oatmeal,
Fats: almonds, all natural peanut butter, avacado, extra virgin olive oil,
Veggies: asparagus,broccoli, green beans, spinach (all veggies should be fresh or frozen NO canned veggies)
All food should be weighed and measured to hit you numbers. This is vital to your success.
Split you numbers across 5-6 meals per day. Hope this helps brother!

@ Ironlifter, I just redo the TDEE calculator. Same stats that you put; 6'1, 203lbs, 25% body fat, only difference is that I put moderate activity (workouts 3-5 days) . It's says I need to be in a 500 calorie deficit, so I should eat 2386 calories a per day. Then it gives me the option to choose a carb maintenance diet, given the fact that I'm an endomorph, lower carb suites me the best. These are the macros it gave me; 239g (P), 106g (F), 119g (C)

Carmel Cowboy covered it completely and i agree with him 100%. Those calculators are estimates and give you a good starting point. I suspect adjustments will be needed. I am also not a fan of high fat diets. Like CC, i set my protein and fats first based on what is required, then set my carbs. Carbs are then the variable and are adjusted as needed while the other two remain constant. I suspect you dont handle carbs well due to poor insulin sensitivity resulting from a high body fat %-which is normal. Overtime as you get leaner this will change to some extent.

However, these are the little details. For now, the most important thing is that you now have a plan of action. Remember being in a calorie deficit is most important. Eat at your target calorie intake and hit your protein. We can address your carb and fat ratios as you go along as needed.

Again, i highly recommend reading that book for the nutrition aspect alone. It is written based on what the scientific literature and research shows not based on someones opinion.

Not flexing
c44567820bcf02c632e70d44a8d41dee.jpg
0b7e22c50a82bb5ee9d41935036eb83b.jpg
2f243c861151e5453178560d787c29d2.jpg

Current weight
aeb8005d461ff08faf99e38131d01e5b.jpg

I don't think i even have to say it, but I will. My diet hasn't been the most strict. And my training has not been what is required. There's days were I have had to miss a workout. School and work get in the way sometimes. I still managed to get to my goal of 185-186. One of you had mentioned to add sarms during this process, and I feel like now is the time to do so. From the start of this post until now (6 months), I went from 203-185-186 (18lbs). Which it means that I lost 3lbs per month.

Any feedback is welcomed. If you guys feel like I should add sarms. Please let me know which. My goal is to gain lean muscle mass. Also, in this cut I learned that I'm not 6'1[emoji23]. I'm actually 5'11.

Someone had previously suggested to use sarms for my cut. I didn't, but I feel like I want to give them a try now. I want to add more lean muscle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know what adds lean muscle..... a good diet consisting of alot of good food and consistent heavy training. Your no where near your natural potential yet and thats really where sarms and aas shine getting u over that limit.
You have done great so far losing fat etc maybe just get a good diet (bulking) plan in place and train your ass off for a few years. Sarms would be a option but personally i feel its too soon for you,the other guys might disagree... ..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You know what adds lean muscle..... a good diet consisting of alot of good food and consistent heavy training. Your no where near your natural potential yet and thats really where sarms and aas shine getting u over that limit.
You have done great so far losing fat etc maybe just get a good diet (bulking) plan in place and train your ass off for a few years. Sarms would be a option but personally i feel its too soon for you,the other guys might disagree... ..

Yeah I actually went today and bought nutritious food. I was dieting for maybe a month, but then I began to go away from it. Don't get me wrong, I still avoid sugary foods and drinks. But I've been eating things like Carne Asada plates, Hawaiian BBQ and Panda Express. But back to what I was saying, I bought food today and I'm gonna start dieting again.

And about Sarms, I was suggested here to use them for my cut. I didn't use them, but now I wanted to implement them with my diet. I honestly don't plan on using AAS anytime soon. I'm 21, I plan to do so at maybe age 24.

Yeah I actually went today and bought nutritious food. I was dieting for maybe a month, but then I began to go away from it. Don't get me wrong, I still avoid sugary foods and drinks. But I've been eating things like Carne Asada plates, Hawaiian BBQ and Panda Express. But back to what I was saying, I bought food today and I'm gonna start dieting again.

And about Sarms, I was suggested here to use them for my cut. I didn't use them, but now I wanted to implement them with my diet. I honestly don't plan on using AAS anytime soon. I'm 21, I plan to do so at maybe age 24.

Consistency is key mate in both diet and training . I'm cutting at the moment and my meals remain the same except when i drop calories ill reduce complex carbs and saturated fat .
When im bulking meals roughly the same as pictured also but ill add 200gram sweet potato or rice and 2 -3 whole eggs. Ill incorporate a cheat day once a week usually a Saturday which i might have pizza or chicken parma etc.
Example of my cutting dinner.
39f9ef75e2051121a589d9f77a1a7ab6.jpg

Consistency is key mate in both diet and training . I'm cutting at the moment and my meals remain the same except when i drop calories ill reduce complex carbs and saturated fat .
When im bulking meals roughly the same as pictured also but ill add 200gram sweet potato or rice and 2 -3 whole eggs. Ill incorporate a cheat day once a week usually a Saturday which i might have pizza or chicken parma etc.
Example of my cutting dinner.
39f9ef75e2051121a589d9f77a1a7ab6.jpg

What are your stats? When I was tracking my macros. I would eat in between 250-300g of protein. Fats 50-80 (but the fats were mostly from avocado and olive oil), and carbs 150-200. But yeah then I stopped dieting.

What are your stats? When I was tracking my macros. I would eat in between 250-300g of protein. Fats 50-80 (but the fats were mostly from avocado and olive oil), and carbs 150-200. But yeah then I stopped dieting.

40 years old,simular height (5-10)and weight (189) bf 12.7% however i look alittle different to you.IMG_20180410_154357_072.jpgIMG_20180407_145638_112.jpg

IMO, based on your pictures, you should not be trying to bulk. You yourself said your diet/nutrition has not been on point, so I would start there before even entertaining the idea of Sarms.

No need to be eating more than 220-240 Protein, that is MORE than enough, if not to much, at your weight and size. Something along the lines of 240P, 200C 60F (2300 cal.) would be a good starting point. As you cut down, you will eventually need to reduce calories further by reducing carbs further.

Top Bottom