napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Skinny fat. Bulk or cut? And how much Cardio, if at all do you recommend?

Ok Carmel Cowboy, I will definitely give your plan a try.

It's a start brother. Always make adjustments as needed. Remember the most important part of phase one is learning the proper technique and with 3 days a week and 12 reps per set gives you enough practice with each exercise. In phase two when you are doing the split up routine add two other exercise per body part. For example on chest back and ab day start with flat bench press which you learned in phase one and then add incline press and peck deck machine to the chest workout. You will need someone to show you these exercises. Do you know your body fat percent?

I think what you may find will happen as you lose more body fat is that your skin is probly going to stay that way from being so big. But dont let that stop you just keep going and follow carmels layout its a very good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as nutrition, I know that I need a lot of protein in my diet. But I didn't know how to balance carbs and diets. But know that I know, that I'm an endomorph, I read that I should keep my fats and carbs between 30-50% of my diet combined and the rest protein.

My workout only consist of weight training as of right now.

Monday- Abs, I just started implementing them. I would only do the plank on my workout days, but now I'm focusing on abs only on certain days.

Tuesday-rest

Wednesday- Upper body- Push and Pull

Thursday-rest

Friday-Mostly abs, some legs

Saturday- Legs

Sunday- Same as Wednesday

I'll make another comment about what specific workouts I do, and how many sets and reps. I gotta remember the exact name of the workouts

Thanks for posting. Well, there is more to nutrition than just getting in adequate protein. First, you need to determine your TDEE. https://tdeecalculator.net/ I did it for you and guesstimated you were about 25% Body Fat and estimated light exercise as these are notorious for being high. Your Approximate TDEE is about 2600, maybe 2700, which is your break even point. Eat this and you will neither gain nor lose weight. So you need to aim to eat around 2200 calories per day. Check out this link to learn more on the nutrition aspect. https://www.isarms.com/forums/steroids-sarms-information/diet-nutrition-basics-101-a-3314.html You will need to start tracking your calories, so get a food app like my fitness pal or spark people. There are tons, opt for a free one that allows you to see calories and macros.

Ab's are made in the kitchen so IMO no need to do a lot of ab training now. Focus on getting stronger on the key lifts CC mentioned above. We can help you setup a good routine and split.

So these are the workouts I do. The weight might be too low for some, but I focus on doing these exercises with proper form.

Monday- ABS-
Crunch Machine- 1 set of 100 reps
Rotary torso machine-

1 set of 10-15 reps: 60lbs
2 set of 10-15 reps: 70lbs

Crunch Machine- 1 set of 100 reps

Rotary torso machine-

3rd set of 10-15 reps: 80lbs
4th set of 10-15 reps: 100lbs

Tuesday- rest

Wednesday and Sunday- Tricep cable pushdowns
1st set of 10 reps: 30lbs
2nd set of 10 reps: 30lbs
3rd set of 10 reps: 35lbs
4th set of 8 reps: 45lbs
5th set of 5 reps: 50lbs

Incline Inner-Bicep curl
1st- 10reps- 25lbs
2nd- 10 reps- 30lbs
3rd- 10 reps- 30lbs
4th- 10 reps- 25lbs

Hammer curls- same as previous exercise

Wrist curls- 4 sets of 10 reps: 30lbs

Chest press
3 sets of 10 reps: 135
2 sets of 5 reps: 225

Pec-dec Machine
4 sets of 10 reps- 130lbs

Shoulder military press machine
3 sets of 12 reps-80lbs

Dip seated machine
1st and 2nd set- 10 reps of 90lbs
3rd and 4th set- 10 reps of 180lbs

Deltoid machine
1-10 reps-100lbs
2-10 reps-110lbs
3-10 reps- 120lbs
4-10 reps- 130lbs

Lat pull downs
4 sets of 10 reps: 80lbs

Back Extensions: 8 sets of 5 reps.
Starting from 220lbs to 300lbs

Thursday- rest
Friday same as Monday

Saturday-

Leg press
1-1 plate on each side (45s)- 10 reps
2- 2 plates- 10 reps
3- 3 plates - 10 reps
4- 4 plates- 5 reps
5- 5 plates- 5 reps

Seated back squat-
1- 3 plates on each side- 10 reps
2- 4 plates- 10 reps
3 - 5 plates- 10 reps
4- 6 plates- 10 reps
5- 7 plates- 10 reps

Seated calve raises

4 sets of 10 reps- 100lbs

I had a different workout routine, this is my newest routine. I actually found it very helpful, but I thought I should share it. Maybe it can remain the same, but I just lower the reps and add the weight. That's what you suggested right?

Personally, i would get rid of all exercises that end in "machine". Get rid of the torso machine, i have never met anyone with a great core who got it from doing the torso twist machine.

I would not do pull and push workouts on the same day.

Are you doing BB Bench Press? I would replace pec dec with an incline DB or BB bench.

What is seated back squat? Is there a reason you aren't doing BB squats?

I would add in a rowing exercise to your pull routine...BB, Tbar or Cable Row.

No deadlifts?

Dips and pullups/chin ups should also we added or substituted.

Yes, I do BB Bench Press. And I forgot to add cable row, but I do that exercise. Is there a big difference between doing Pec dec vs Using DBs for chest flys? Also, is it from personsal experience, or is there a big reason why you don't recommend push/pull on the same day?

Yes, I do BB Bench Press. And I forgot to add cable row, but I do that exercise. Is there a big difference between doing Pec dec vs Using DBs for chest flys? Also, is it from personsal experience, or is there a big reason why you don't recommend push/pull on the same day?

In my opinion you are a beginner weight lifter and laying a proper foundation of compound exercises is the most important element. Your training adaptation threshold is still very low and you dont need much to get results and the workouts you are doing are over complicated. Lay a foundation with learning how to properly perform the basic compound lifts trust me it will have tremendous benefit later on. Simplify simplify is my advice.

Well, I don't find my routine complicated, and I have seen some benefits from them. But at the end of the day, you guys are the vets. I'll add free weight workouts and remove machine exercise. One question though, you recommend SARMS earlier. Would you recommend me to use a test only cycle? Obviously use PCT after. I've never used roids before, and I'm aware of their harm if not used correctly. And tbh, I don't plan on using DBOL or Tren anytime soon.

Well, I don't find my routine complicated, and I have seen some benefits from them. But at the end of the day, you guys are the vets. I'll add free weight workouts and remove machine exercise. One question though, you recommend SARMS earlier. Would you recommend me to use a test only cycle? Obviously use PCT after. I've never used roids before, and I'm aware of their harm if not used correctly. And tbh, I don't plan on using DBOL or Tren anytime soon.

No, absolutely not and here is why. CC was right when he said you need to build a foundation. This applies to your strength, workout routine and your nutrition. You have yet to master the basics and you are talking about running steroids? You will get far better results by straightening out your workout routine and fixing your nutrition.

I applaud you on a job well done losing 50 lbs, that is a great accomplishment and you should feel proud. However, what worked for the first 50lbs wont work for the next 20-30lbs. Adjustments and improvements will need to be made. You posted your workout routine and it has holes in it, mainly your exercise selection. Choosing the basic compound lifts- without machines- will provide a better Return on Investment so to speak.

I "un-skinny fatted" myself without the use of sarms or steroids.....all through proper weight lifting and nutrition.

No absolutely no steroids. I put the sarms in at a point when I thought your nutrition and workout was going to be following the plan outlined. I agree with ironlifter that if you workouts and nutrition are not on point then no sarms either as it wouldn't be of any benefit!

You are a long ways away from steroids at this point. You need to stick with sarms which are better suited for your current goals and condition anyways

There is a lot I want to say, but simply do not have the time or space to convey it all. I would highly recommend this book https://www.amazon.com/Bigger-Leane...1-spons&keywords=bigger+leaner+stronger&psc=1

There is a lot of misinformation and broscience BS out there, so much that it becomes difficult to tell who is right and what info is legitimate. However, there are principles and fundamentals that are sound and apply to everyone. That book explains those principles and debunks many of the myths out there. That book was the turning point for me.

please dont even have any steroid in your vocabulary... you are as close to steroid use as earth is to mars

Definitely Ironlifter, there's many "Best way to lose/gain weight videos" that it honestly confuses you. Oh and btw, I did manage to go down to 180lbs at one point, I did it by doing cardio only but I also didn't have the best diet. I can definitely go down to 180 again, but this time I will follow Cowboys plan and have a better diet. Anyways, I asked about steroids , because I was planning on buying from Pharmacon, but I will take your guys advise serious and not do it. The last thing I want to do, is come here and cry about fucking up by not listening to you guys. You guys are taking your time and giving me free advice, so I won't disrespect you guys. Thank you all

Definitely Ironlifter, there's many "Best way to lose/gain weight videos" that it honestly confuses you. Oh and btw, I did manage to go down to 180lbs at one point, I did it by doing cardio only but I also didn't have the best diet. I can definitely go down to 180 again, but this time I will follow Cowboys plan and have a better diet. Anyways, I asked about steroids , because I was planning on buying from Pharmacon, but I will take your guys advise serious and not do it. The last thing I want to do, is come here and cry about fucking up by not listening to you guys. You guys are taking your time and giving me free advice, so I won't disrespect you guys. Thank you all

Very wise decision!!! I have no doubt you will get back to 180lbs and even lower! The driving force behind your success is discipline!!! Stay disciplined and believe in yourself and you can accomplish anything brother. Let us know your diet plan!

Top Bottom