napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Shocking the body

Ayo

Hey guys I was thinking every week I would put aside a "cheat day" where I would eat as much or as little as I want and what ever I want.
What do you guys think? Would this be a great idea or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ayo said:
Hey guys I was thinking every week I would put aside a "cheat day" where I would eat as much or as little as I want and what ever I want.

What is your goal by doing this? Generally people that do this call things "cheat" days to try and justify a free pass to eat like shit all day. That's not exactly a productive thing towards goals and it won't help you whatsoever. Well planned cheat meals (not cheat days) can be beneficial when done correctly, like when you are in a continuous defecit, or at a low carb state for a continuous amount of time. However, ever cheat meals must have some structure and still fit into your macro diet plan. They should not be a free for all. For example, I eat clean 99% of the time. 2-3 days per week (on workout days) I will have a cheat meal. During those days I eat 100% clean up until that meal. During that meal even though it's not strict, I still have limits and it is consistent with my goals in keePing my macros within a specific range.

So it's better to stay consistent with your meal plan. There was a video I think from rich saying to shock your metabolism or some shit like that

Ayo said:
So it's better to stay consistent with your meal plan. There was a video I think from rich saying to shock your metabolism or some shit like that

Well, Rich has a lot of problems with his advice in my opinion, even though part of what he is saying is right. Like I said in my last post, if you are in a continuous defecit or at low carbs for a while, a cheat meal can be beneficial to give you a metabolic boost by optimizing Leptin levels. However, those still need structure to them. Your body will still see your intake that day and adjust accordingly. If you have excess calories, carbs and fats beyond what your body can use it will be stored as fat regardless making that meal counterproductive. If you are bulking, cheat meals are not necessary at all because you are in a constant state of over feeding anyways, and your body always has nutrients readily available. I hope this makes sense to you

Ayo said:

dude i get the concept of eat as MUCH as you want, but what exactly do you mean by eat as LITTLE as you want? Lol...sounds strange to me..you can eat as little as you want of anything every single day..

This is a very good topic to discuss...the phrase "cheat meal" is not what it should be called.

A cheat meal is not a "reward" ......it's a meal used for many different scientific reasons none of which should be associated with the word.

And "cheat DAY" doesn't exist.

Re: RE: Re: Shocking the body

EZ_E said:
This is a very good topic to discuss...the phrase "cheat meal" is not what it should be called.

A cheat meal is not a "reward" ......it's a meal used for many different scientific reasons none of which should be associated with the word.

And "cheat DAY" doesn't exist.
Exactly. Meals should always be a structured part of a plan, which involves no "cheating"

I don't really even have cheat meals anymore... There may be times when I can't eat a meal I personally prepared but I still try to stay as close as possible to my principles of eating clean.

Just to echo the good points already raised here - well considered cheat meals can work wonders in the right circumstance, but unless someone's blood is swimming in T3 and they have unusually high insulin sensitivity, 'cheat days' are complete bullshit IMO.

I can remember going to a show where someone asked Ronnie if he did cheat days and he was like 'nah man it's pretty much the same boring shit every day' - and we can only speculate the the amount of shit he was on at the time :)

middle aged fat guy said:
Just to echo the good points already raised here - well considered cheat meals can work wonders in the right circumstance, but unless someone's blood is swimming in T3 and they have unusually high insulin sensitivity, 'cheat days' are complete bullshit IMO.

I can remember going to a show where someone asked Ronnie if he did cheat days and he was like 'nah man it's pretty much the same boring shit every day' - and we can only speculate the the amount of shit he was on at the time :)

lol ronnies quote, sounds exactly like him..

Top Bottom