napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Rules to follow for drinking alcohol

Savage55 said:
I want to know what guidelines most follow for drinking alcohol in these situations

During cycle- injectables or orals
During PCT
Taking Sarms only
Dieting/cutting

I really try not to drink but if I do I allow myself 1 day a week to have alcohol. No I'm not having 1 or 2 beers/drinks when I do drink. Im usually having a bunch on a Sunday with friends watching sports and enjoying the Cali weather. I just started GW and MK on Monday as part of a PCT (waiting for pills to arrive) and I really want to be on track before I start my cut and Sarms triple stack in a month to 6 weeks. I want hear everyone's advice and what they normally do. Or if you even drink at all. Its not a problem for me to cut it out but it is a nice release every once in a while especially after going hard for 4-6 weeks training and dieting.

before i even get into that, why are you taking sarms pills? that's garbage bro... do yourself a favor and return any pills you obtain...

i partied nearly a decade bro... 4-5 nights a week... i drank all the time yet still trained like an animal... i just never made the right kind of gains and although always in great condition, i just fucked everything up for so long and then i had some serious wake up calls.. i have not drank in years... i had literally had 2-3 drinks in the last 3 years and i have had a nearly full bottle of vodka in my freezer for over 2 years and it just stays there to remind me how much i fucking dread it... the feelings you get, the depression, the way it just eats you up and you don't even realize it... it tears you down.. there's no place for it with this lifestyle bro, there just is not... listen, you can do whatever you like and i'll never be a hypocrite because i have been there all too long but im telling you, its not way to live and if you ever want to get the most out of what your doing on top of increasing your health and longevity, you have to let it go...

Re: RE: Re: Rules to follow for drinking alcohol

drb_iac said:
My general opinion on alcohol is that it is catabolic. Just a few too many and the next day you clearly see the wear and tear on your body.A headache, or a hangover means you are sick sick. Why is that? Because your liver is trying to remove poison out of your system,you are dehydrated, lost minerals etc. Add some tylenol for that headache or hangover and you just double clutched your liver. Oh you took that on top of oral aas? You are triple clutched right in the liver. Notice how liver is spelled..LIVEr The secret is moderation. I used to distill booze and make beer years ago, but I never drank more than 3 beers in any given day. The more you drink at a time the more desperate your liver becomes.If I drink now I drink those ultra lites...and still not more than three. Do not be fooled by someone who says clear liquor is ok. That is BS. I heard friggin Dr Oz say that on his show.He is a jackwad. He said dark liquor like whisky gives you a hangover so use vodka. He is ignorant. The ingredient that makes you sick, harms your health and gives you a headaches is called ethanol...or alcohol. Done deal ok? Try this..drink about 400ml of vodka tonight and let me know much your curl weight went down the next day, and a general synopsis of your workout. Oh you didnt workout? It is poison dude. You can buy some Becks non alcoholic and alternate them with regular Becks! The best thing I liked when I distilled...was my 66 road runner would burn the slicks up and spew blue flames out of the headers on a blend of 35% alcohol. Oh and it is great to swab down with before you inject!
One last thing..I grew up in the 60's and did every drug there was plus made a few no one heard of...the bottom line is that only one drug ever made me unable to walk, unable to stand, unable to talk..and definitely unable to drive. Know which one I am speaking of? Yep..alcohol. So in case you don't quite get my slant on alcohol, it is this..it is CRAP and belongs in my road runner not in m body
I completely agree with this and this is exactly how I feel about alcohol. Even knowing this though, for whatever reason I love alcohol. I've dealt with alcohol abuse for many years. I've gotten very good at controlling myself but sometimes I crack and I go on a binge. It's almost like it's uncontrollable. I know many won't understand this but it's just like those that use meth and heroin and clearly know the consequences. Addiction is an ugly and nasty disease and for those that think it's not a disease than they are sadly mistaken. Alcohol has come close to running my life several times, yet I find myself getting uncontrollable cravings for it once every few months. I always feel like absolute shit the next day and regret it fully but sometimes I think drinking every now and again serves a harsh reminder as to why not to do it and it re lights a fire in me. I honestly think my problems with alcohol are because of the fact I started drinking at 12 years old. I had a rather rough childhood, my mom died at the age of 11 and my grandpa, who I was very close to, died when I was 13. I spent my entire adolescents, teen years, and early adult life looking for every way possible to get fucked up as much as I could. If it wasn't for bodybuilding I'd probably be dead by now. So, my final thoughts, if you can control your desires stay as far away from alcohol as possible. It's poison, plain and simple. The devils piss.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

ibleedoranbla said:
drb_iac said:
My general opinion on alcohol is that it is catabolic. Just a few too many and the next day you clearly see the wear and tear on your body.A headache, or a hangover means you are sick sick. Why is that? Because your liver is trying to remove poison out of your system,you are dehydrated, lost minerals etc. Add some tylenol for that headache or hangover and you just double clutched your liver. Oh you took that on top of oral aas? You are triple clutched right in the liver. Notice how liver is spelled..LIVEr The secret is moderation. I used to distill booze and make beer years ago, but I never drank more than 3 beers in any given day. The more you drink at a time the more desperate your liver becomes.If I drink now I drink those ultra lites...and still not more than three. Do not be fooled by someone who says clear liquor is ok. That is BS. I heard friggin Dr Oz say that on his show.He is a jackwad. He said dark liquor like whisky gives you a hangover so use vodka. He is ignorant. The ingredient that makes you sick, harms your health and gives you a headaches is called ethanol...or alcohol. Done deal ok? Try this..drink about 400ml of vodka tonight and let me know much your curl weight went down the next day, and a general synopsis of your workout. Oh you didnt workout? It is poison dude. You can buy some Becks non alcoholic and alternate them with regular Becks! The best thing I liked when I distilled...was my 66 road runner would burn the slicks up and spew blue flames out of the headers on a blend of 35% alcohol. Oh and it is great to swab down with before you inject!
One last thing..I grew up in the 60's and did every drug there was plus made a few no one heard of...the bottom line is that only one drug ever made me unable to walk, unable to stand, unable to talk..and definitely unable to drive. Know which one I am speaking of? Yep..alcohol. So in case you don't quite get my slant on alcohol, it is this..it is CRAP and belongs in my road runner not in m body
I completely agree with this and this is exactly how I feel about alcohol. Even knowing this though, for whatever reason I love alcohol. I've dealt with alcohol abuse for many years. I've gotten very good at controlling myself but sometimes I crack and I go on a binge. It's almost like it's uncontrollable. I know many won't understand this but it's just like those that use meth and heroin and clearly know the consequences. Addiction is an ugly and nasty disease and for those that think it's not a disease than they are sadly mistaken. Alcohol has come close to running my life several times, yet I find myself getting uncontrollable cravings for it once every few months. I always feel like absolute shit the next day and regret it fully but sometimes I think drinking every now and again serves a harsh reminder as to why not to do it and it re lights a fire in me. I honestly think my problems with alcohol are because of the fact I started drinking at 12 years old. I had a rather rough childhood, my mom died at the age of 11 and my grandpa, who I was very close to, died when I was 13. I spent my entire adolescents, teen years, and early adult life looking for every way possible to get fucked up as much as I could. If it wasn't for bodybuilding I'd probably be dead by now. So, my final thoughts, if you can control your desires stay as far away from alcohol as possible. It's poison, plain and simple. The devils piss.

well put dude. It is hard for people and even doctors to wrap the brain around addiction. I had a rough childood too and before I ever had a drink I used heroin. And then it was heroin with coke in it. Same shit that killed Belushi. Then finally went to booze. All of this before age 18. I was cross addicted and I just found the will to make myself straight and go to college.It seemed like every New Years Eve or some type of celebration I would crave all three. Pour me some jack and give me a needle full of speedball. I was saved by the weights. Did a lot of running too which got me into endorphins. I would say that it took a good 10 years before I stopped thinking about it. Now I hate it all.
I always remember this great quote...I am not sure if it was Vince Lombardi..but it is this.."If you think you can or if you think you can't, either way you are right"

Thanks Dylan, I will make a thread on it as I do think it's good to know. I mean I was like you man... I would drink till 3 in the morning and then work at 7 then back to another party lol. I never thought it was bad till I was about 24, then I couldn't stand it... it made me sick to even think about going out. I hope everyone knows I don't think if you drink you are wrong but it's not something you need to do in this sport and if you are on aas it's not good, the only times i have been in trouble I was on aas and drunk lol.

DylanGemelli said:
Savage55 said:
I want to know what guidelines most follow for drinking alcohol in these situations

During PCT
Taking Sarms only
Dieting/cutting

I really try not to drink but if I do I allow myself 1 day a week to have alcohol. No I'm not having 1 or 2 beers/drinks when I do drink. Im usually having a bunch on a Sunday with friends watching sports and enjoying the Cali weather. I just started GW and MK on Monday as part of a PCT (waiting for pills to arrive) and I really want to be on track before I start my cut and Sarms triple stack in a month to 6 weeks. I want hear everyone's advice and what they normally do. Or if you even drink at all. Its not a problem for me to cut it out but it is a nice release every once in a while especially after going hard for 4-6 weeks training and dieting.

before i even get into that, why are you taking sarms pills? that's garbage bro... do yourself a favor and return any pills you obtain...

i partied nearly a decade bro... 4-5 nights a week... i drank all the time yet still trained like an animal... i just never made the right kind of gains and although always in great condition, i just fucked everything up for so long and then i had some serious wake up calls.. i have not drank in years... i had literally had 2-3 drinks in the last 3 years and i have had a nearly full bottle of vodka in my freezer for over 2 years and it just stays there to remind me how much i fucking dread it... the feelings you get, the depression, the way it just eats you up and you don't even realize it... it tears you down.. there's no place for it with this lifestyle bro, there just is not... listen, you can do whatever you like and i'll never be a hypocrite because i have been there all too long but im telling you, its not way to live and if you ever want to get the most out of what your doing on top of increasing your health and longevity, you have to let it go...

I'm not taking any pills bro. I'm only taking GW and MK currently and waiting gor the rest of my PCT to arrive. It was just a general question so I can start making changes now. I'm only listening to your advice Dylan. Just trying to see what others in here are doing as well. Thnx for the response my man. I'm going a minimum of 2 months no drinking to see how I feel and what kind of progress I make getting my BF down

Savage55 said:
DylanGemelli said:
Savage55 said:

During PCT
Taking Sarms only
Dieting/cutting

I'm not taking any pills bro. I'm only taking GW and MK currently and waiting gor the rest of my PCT to arrive. It was just a general question so I can start making changes now. I'm only listening to your advice Dylan. Just trying to see what others in here are doing as well. Thnx for the response my man. I'm going a minimum of 2 months no drinking to see how I feel and what kind of progress I make getting my BF down

I thought when you said you were waiting on pills you meant sarms pills... my mistake brother... yes bro, just try it... you can't expect to just quit something cold turkey or you leave yourself highly susceptible to regression but you can do it bro and when you see how fucking good and alive you feel, trust me, you won't want anything to do with it... you can always come to me if you just need to talk or need a friend etc... it does not always have to be related to most forum talk... im always here bro

Savage55 said:
Yeah I figured this will probably be the direction I need to head in. I really want to get to the point where I can start some AAS and cutting alcohol for the next 2 months will definitely help get that BF down. Problem is im a single dad so when I dont have my daughter I want to go out and meet chicks and that usually involves a lil drinking. Im going to cut it out completely til labor day weekend and see what happens. Thnx for the response

RickRock said:
In my opinion one day a week of having excess amounts of alcohol is way too much, and completely counterproductive to your lifestyle. Every once in a great while is one thing, but once a week is excessive, especially on AAS and orals. I would limit it to once or twice a month maximum, and to limit yourself to just a few when you do. You'll just have to decide for yourself what's important to you here, and make your own decision on it. I don't drink other than socially and that is not more than once a month

my advice, take it or leave it:

1. i wouldnt drink alcohol, its bad for your health obviously (liver especially when combined with Orals). people try to justify drinking sometimes by saying it can be good for your heart to drink beer or wine or something like that, the i say Ok, go drink a 24 pack of Orange Juice then, because people drink 24 packs of beer. NOONE will drink that much Orange Juice because they are not stupid BUT when it comes to alcohol they poison themselves (getting woozy or a buzz is the effect of poison in your bloodstream). i only drink Water every day and if you do the same you will feel the difference - it helps your organs, especially kidneys and liver, to stay well hydrated. if you have a Natural spring nearby id draw water from that, if not try to get some spring water but i would stay away from City water because they fill it full of chemicals like flouride, chlorine, etc. which are obviously bad for you.

2. i understand about meeting women BUT in my humble opinion if you are looking to meet women in Bars or places of that nature - they are not the women you want to be with plain and simple. you want a woman that is smart, faithful, loyal, etc. NOT some bar hopping bimbo who sleeps around and dresses sleezy. I know this has nothing to do with exercise and steroids BUT if you want to stay healthy you cannot neglect MENTAL/SPIRITUAL health along with physical - everyone knows being muscular and fit is nice BUT if you are depressed you will feel like the its the end of the world and everyone will wonder why because you are "so attractive and muscular" and have a good job, etc etc. money women cars etc is not everything in life. So trying to meet a Partner in life is cool man BUT be careful where you look.

SpikedEggnog said:
Savage55 said:
2. i understand about meeting women BUT in my humble opinion if you are looking to meet women in Bars or places of that nature - they are not the women you want to be with plain and simple. you want a woman that is smart, faithful, loyal, etc. NOT some bar hopping bimbo who sleeps around and dresses sleezy. I know this has nothing to do with exercise and steroids BUT if you want to stay healthy you cannot neglect MENTAL/SPIRITUAL health along with physical - everyone knows being muscular and fit is nice BUT if you are depressed you will feel like the its the end of the world and everyone will wonder why because you are "so attractive and muscular" and have a good job, etc etc. money women cars etc is not everything in life. So trying to meet a Partner in life is cool man BUT be careful where you look.

?? This. Very well said. I was actually going to say almost the exact same thing, but you said it beautifully. Just remember, if you find a girlfriend in a bar, she's probably going to be into that lifestyle. That means your entire social calendar is going to be filled with trips to bars from here until infinity. Better to find a girl who isn't into that scene and will actually support you and your fitness goals instead of fighting you all the time. I speak from experience. ;)

SpikedEggnog said:
Savage55 said:
Yeah I figured this will probably be the direction I need to head in. I really want to get to the point where I can start some AAS and cutting alcohol for the next 2 months will definitely help get that BF down. Problem is im a single dad so when I dont have my daughter I want to go out and meet chicks and that usually involves a lil drinking. Im going to cut it out completely til labor day weekend and see what happens. Thnx for the response

RickRock said:
In my opinion one day a week of having excess amounts of alcohol is way too much, and completely counterproductive to your lifestyle. Every once in a great while is one thing, but once a week is excessive, especially on AAS and orals. I would limit it to once or twice a month maximum, and to limit yourself to just a few when you do. You'll just have to decide for yourself what's important to you here, and make your own decision on it. I don't drink other than socially and that is not more than once a month

1. i wouldnt drink alcohol, its bad for your health obviously (liver especially when combined with Orals). people try to justify drinking sometimes by saying it can be good for your heart to drink beer or wine or something like that, the i say Ok, go drink a 24 pack of Orange Juice then, because people drink 24 packs of beer. NOONE will drink that much Orange Juice because they are not stupid BUT when it comes to alcohol they poison themselves (getting woozy or a buzz is the effect of poison in your bloodstream). i only drink Water every day and if you do the same you will feel the difference - it helps your organs, especially kidneys and liver, to stay well hydrated. if you have a Natural spring nearby id draw water from that, if not try to get some spring water but i would stay away from City water because they fill it full of chemicals like flouride, chlorine, etc. which are obviously bad for you.

I find this advice funny coming from someone using the handle "spikedeggnog" hahaha. You are right though, alcohol is poison. Being drunk is the effects from being poisoned.

ibleedoranbla said:
SpikedEggnog said:
Savage55 said:

RickRock said:

I find this advice funny coming from someone using the handle "spikedeggnog" hahaha. You are right though, alcohol is poison. Being drunk is the effects from being poisoned.

lol... i forget my username sometimes because it was some stupid name i made up years ago (you know when you are younger you make up names and stuff that are funny) BUT i used it for so long i ended up sticking with it out of habit. also i hate eggnog, always have

BigBusiness said:
Achilles87 said:
Alcohol is empty calories. It doesn't have any nutrients, but does have a caloric value of 7 calories per gram. In just one shot (1.5oz) of 80 proof vodka there's nearly 100 calories. For those of you trying to lose fat, forget it if you are drinking. Not only will the high calorie content of alcohol have a negative effect on your total calorie intake, but it also slows down your metabolism by disrupting the Kreb's cycle.

Since the Kreb's cycle isn't working correctly, fats cannot be broken down. In short, your body is trying so hard to digest and metabolize the alcohol, that fat burning stops all together.Alcohol consumption also hurts muscle growth. Not only due to hangovers lowering your workout intensity, but it actually lowers protein synthesis by 20%. Twenty percent! There are several reasons why it does this. For one, it dehydrates your muscle cells. As many know, hydrated and even over hydrated muscles (like when you take creatine) allows for a much higher anabolic environment.

Because your cells aren't holding as much water, it becomes much harder to build muscle. The second reason why alcohol can severely hurt muscle growth is because it blocks the absorption of many important nutrients that are key to muscle contraction, relaxation and growth including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron and potassium. It also does a number on your testosterone. This is just some facts off the web I didn't know how to post the link but there's plenty more about it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Preach it brother!!! Take em to church
Lol true!!

Changing my life around one day at a time!!

DylanGemelli said:
Savage55 said:
DylanGemelli said:
Savage55 said:

During PCT
Taking Sarms only
Dieting/cutting

I thought when you said you were waiting on pills you meant sarms pills... my mistake brother... yes bro, just try it... you can't expect to just quit something cold turkey or you leave yourself highly susceptible to regression but you can do it bro and when you see how fucking good and alive you feel, trust me, you won't want anything to do with it... you can always come to me if you just need to talk or need a friend etc... it does not always have to be related to most forum talk... im always here bro

Thanks Dylan that really means a lot. I made it last week no drinking. Feeling great and these sarms are starting to take affect in week 2.. lost 2 pounds last week and feel i can lose 3 this week.. Definitely got to get a w/o in with you when I come to vegas in October if you down for that. I should have my BF under 15% by then

Savage55 said:
DylanGemelli said:
Savage55 said:
DylanGemelli said:
Savage55 said:

During PCT
Taking Sarms only
Dieting/cutting

Thanks Dylan that really means a lot. I made it last week no drinking. Feeling great and these sarms are starting to take affect in week 2.. lost 2 pounds last week and feel i can lose 3 this week.. Definitely got to get a w/o in with you when I come to vegas in October if you down for that. I should have my BF under 15% by then

Absolutely brother... just let me know and we can definitely do that...

VERY NICE work so far... keep it up, stay disciplined and just push yourself... im always here if you need me, don't forget that

:D I think you can probably tell by my picture that I definitely do party now and then, butttttt, there are long periods of no partying in between...However, I can say this much, my wife and I always and I mean always, make a deal with ourselves that no matter what we did the night before into the wee hours of the morning, that we will hit the gym or go play tennis, that day, and work through a hangover if we have one or not...it's that yin and yang/karma type of mindset, everything needs to be balanced so order can be restored.. :roll:

I almost died from drinking and tren and a car accident 5 months ago...got a dui and lost a lot of people's respect and 2 years of gains while I recovered...fact is no alcohol ever in my life. I am rebuilding now I have not had a hangover in months and I am finally back at the gym.... Steroids and alcohol are a suckers bet...just saying ... Be safe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

depotgang1 said:
I almost died from drinking and tren and a car accident 5 months ago...got a dui and lost a lot of people's respect and 2 years of gains while I recovered...fact is no alcohol ever in my life. I am rebuilding now I have not had a hangover in months and I am finally back at the gym.... Steroids and alcohol are a suckers bet...just saying ... Be safe!

awesome man, not the accident of course, but i mean awesome that you are rebuilding now and are staying away from alcohol, it will be a better decision physically and mentally..

Thanks...alcohol is a suckers bet man. Combine it with tren and you have a drunk ego maniac with a temper. Lol... I like being calm. No more tren either...I am just going T and sarms from now on

depotgang1 said:
Thanks...alcohol is a suckers bet man. Combine it with tren and you have a drunk ego maniac with a temper. Lol... I like being calm. No more tren either...I am just going T and sarms from now on

i like that brother... you learned a hard lesson but took it and utilized it the right way... cutting alcohol completely out of my life was one of the best moves ive made... i have had the same bottle of vodka in my freezer about 3 years now just as a reminder how much i hate it and to remind me of just how shitty it can make your life...

Top Bottom