napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Powders

william32

This post may be better served in Source Talk but it seems to be more of a niche for Brewers.

Who have you all had experiences with getting powders?

Best service, quality " prices.

I am interested in brewing in the future but want to start with good powders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a few out there but better to be discussed privately.

If a powder supplier openly advertises that's a game over red flag to me as you'll probably get something that has been stepped on 102 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make friends, stick around... and you might get a source :) But like the others said... red flags "STAY AWAY" if a powder source openly advertises.

My biggest problem is that if it is made in the usa it will be expensive. I can tell you a lot of sources, but it seems to all be made in China, and my guess is that it may be less than 75% pure. I am an expert cook, so if you have those kinds of questions I can help you

drb_iac said:
My biggest problem is that if it is made in the usa it will be expensive. I can tell you a lot of sources, but it seems to all be made in China, and my guess is that it may be less than 75% pure. I am an expert cook, so if you have those kinds of questions I can help you

I'm no brewer by any means, but I'm pretty sure almost all powders come from overseas. However I've heard you can get a lot of very pure raws with the right source. I'm sure one of the other guys that brew can confirm this

RickRock said:
drb_iac said:

I'm no brewer by any means, but I'm pretty sure almost all powders come from overseas. However I've heard you can get a lot of very pure raws with the right source. I'm sure one of the other guys that brew can confirm this

Absolutely you can get fairly pure powder. BUT it all comes from China and they can be sneaky. If they do send you 99.5% powder what if the balance of 0.5% is from cadmium ,chromium etc. My brother has a large analytical lab and checks my powder first by MS then GC/MS then ICP/MS. I have found 2 suppliers that make the mark.

AAS powders are legal in china so its ok for them to publicly advertise. But the majority are middle men. If you ask them to synthesise a product and they can't then they are suppliers but not manufacturers

Top Bottom