napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Nutrition help!

beastmode45

Been really trying to dial in my nutrition and hit a 40/40/20 C/P/F macro goal - but fuck - it's hard. I feel like I've been spending all day everyday thinking about my macros and the food I eat and still can't get it perfectly dialed in. The biggest issue so far is my Fats. They tend to be higher than I desire. I love eggs and they have great protein but a lot of fat too. So I'm getting a lot of unwanted calories that could be going towards carbs and protein.

Can you guys suggest some of your go-to meals or shakes or whatever that you use consistently that are high carb high protein and no (or very little) fat?? I want to stay lean on my Recomp but need to add muscle so need the carbs and protein for sure!!

Egg White international. You can order pure egg whites that are already pasteurized. You can cook them up or just drink them as is, they are flavorless. I do 4oz with 4 oz water and a scoop of protein powder post workout.

Been really trying to dial in my nutrition and hit a 40/40/20 C/P/F macro goal - but fuck - it's hard. I feel like I've been spending all day everyday thinking about my macros and the food I eat and still can't get it perfectly dialed in. The biggest issue so far is my Fats. They tend to be higher than I desire. I love eggs and they have great protein but a lot of fat too. So I'm getting a lot of unwanted calories that could be going towards carbs and protein.

Can you guys suggest some of your go-to meals or shakes or whatever that you use consistently that are high carb high protein and no (or very little) fat?? I want to stay lean on my Recomp but need to add muscle so need the carbs and protein for sure!!

Each morning I do two whole eggs with a up of eggwhites. That keeps the protein content high while keeping the fats low. Chicken breast, sweet potato and broccoli is another go to meal for me. Basically little to no fat at all. I also will do rice with chicken or turkey mixed with veggies. Protein shake post workout has basically no fat. Greek yogurt is a great non fat protein source.

Eating (Fats) doesn't make you fat…I see this way too much

High protein…high fat….low carb….you don't get fat
High protein…high carb…low fat...you don't get fat
High fat…..high carb…..low protein...look out!

Last edited:
Eating (Fats) doesn't make you fat…I see this way too much

High protein…high fat….low carb….you don't get fat
High protein…high carb…low fat...you don't get fat
High fat…..high carb…..low protein...look out!

Agreed that fats don't make you fat - they also don't rebuild muscle like protein, or fill glycogen stores on the muscle like carbs. Sugar makes you fat! Most people have been duped by the medical industry. Look up sugar ads from the 70's. It's f'd up. I've done enough keto in my life to know it personally too that you can run solely on fats - but without gaining lean muscle mass.

However, too many fats are a waste of calories that I could be getting from carbs and protein. Unless I'm in a keto state the extra fat calories don't help with my goals. When I'm trying to make the most of my 2400-2700 calories I need to stay in the 40/40/20 macro range for now, and need most of that from carbs and protein.

Egg White international. You can order pure egg whites that are already pasteurized. You can cook them up or just drink them as is, they are flavorless. I do 4oz with 4 oz water and a scoop of protein powder post workout.

I will try this. Did egg whites this morning and they are bland by themselves for sure!!

Each morning I do two whole eggs with a up of eggwhites. That keeps the protein content high while keeping the fats low. Chicken breast, sweet potato and broccoli is another go to meal for me. Basically little to no fat at all. I also will do rice with chicken or turkey mixed with veggies. Protein shake post workout has basically no fat. Greek yogurt is a great non fat protein source.

Thanks RickRock! Great ideas! Have you ever added egg whites to your protein shake?

I'm with ya….higher protein whenever possible…Those Ads…LOL…everything was "Sugar " this or that…now it's called "Frosted"….how convenient…*Rollseyes*

Thanks RickRock! Great ideas! Have you ever added egg whites to your protein shake?

Just did a post-workout shake with 4oz water, 4oz of 100% egg whites, and Chocolate Combat Protein and it was awesome. Total of 215 calories, 5 carb, 50 protein and 1.5 fat. Perfect.

Just did a post-workout shake with 4oz water, 4oz of 100% egg whites, and Chocolate Combat Protein and it was awesome. Total of 215 calories, 5 carb, 50 protein and 1.5 fat. Perfect.

Thanks for giving MP your protein business….I'm a stock holder…;)

7oz of lean meat with rice and green veggies. High protein high carb low fat

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have found TRUE LOVE in those Microwaveable Rice pouches, they're a perfect quantity at 300 calories worth of quality carbs they have Mixed Vegetable flavor which I love and has some veggies right in there, if you love eggs, use 1 white and 1 whole egg cooked in a skillet, toss that in with the cooked rice and you've got your basic healthy delicious Fried Rice.. if you need volume and struggle with overeating this GODSENT item are called Shiritaki Noodles and are Tofu Noodles, huge portion comes in a bag saturated w water in refrigerated section and you can eat the whole thing it's under 50 Cals
Worked great for me
Best of luck
Max

I have found TRUE LOVE in those Microwaveable Rice pouches, they're a perfect quantity at 300 calories worth of quality carbs they have Mixed Vegetable flavor which I love and has some veggies right in there, if you love eggs, use 1 white and 1 whole egg cooked in a skillet, toss that in with the cooked rice and you've got your basic healthy delicious Fried Rice.. if you need volume and struggle with overeating this GODSENT item are called Shiritaki Noodles and are Tofu Noodles, huge portion comes in a bag saturated w water in refrigerated section and you can eat the whole thing it's under 50 Cals
Worked great for me
Best of luck
Max

Another great idea! Thanks.

Top Bottom