Not sure what to think about this bloodwork. Confused

fanintw

Total test:
422(240-950 ng/dl)

Free test:
13.5(4.06-15.6 ng/dl)

Estradiol:
39(5.4-65.9 pg/ml

I inject about 70 mg of cypionate every 5 days.
My total T is kinda low and free T is pretty good.
Estradiol levels are sort of in the middle.
Dont feel great. People are saying not to worry much about total T especially with pretty high free T.
What would you guys think? This is pretty much my first blood work. My total T concerns me. From the ranges of Free T and estrodiol that appears pretty good. Should i be concerned or maybe tweak anything?

Also i crashed E about 2 months ago using exemestane. Way over did it. I Felt aweful but am recovering slowly. Could that have something to do with 422 total T?
thanks for your time.

Your numbers look pretty good, considering you're only dosing 70mg of test per week. You might try to get your estrogen a little lower to see if it helps any. How long have you been on TRT and how old are you?

Your numbers look pretty good, considering you're only dosing 70mg of test per week. You might try to get your estrogen a little lower to see if it helps any. How long have you been on TRT and how old are you?

No im doing about 65-70 mg every 5 days. Also I'm 50. Been doing this about 5 years. Maybe I should do 60 every 4 days. Maybe more frequent would work better. Idk. Script is for 80 every 5 days. That doesn't seem to work well over a couple months though because of E symptoms.

Last edited:
Well your blood work looks fine as long as you feel good at them levels. I'd rather have test around 900 + but 422 is passing

Well your blood work looks fine as long as you feel good at them levels. I'd rather have test around 900 + but 422 is passing

Guys are telling me the main thing is Free testosterone. Mines high I guess but doesn't total T matter a lot too?

Total t is what I look at..like I said trt should be based around how you feel more so than the number..if your great around 400 then ride with it..it's on the low side but within range..most here want close to 900 which is on the high side.

Is this all doctor prescribed? Your doctor should be dialing you in where it is best for you. I'd personally like to see your total test much higher, and 70mg every 5 days is on the low end of TRT doses. He should be getting you adjusted. You need to watch estrogen because it's already higher than it should be

Is this all doctor prescribed? Your doctor should be dialing you in where it is best for you. I'd personally like to see your total test much higher, and 70mg every 5 days is on the low end of TRT doses. He should be getting you adjusted. You need to watch estrogen because it's already higher than it should be

He is dosed at 100mg per week..a very normal dose
Free Test is GOOD
Increasing this Total Test without addressing estrogen would be a mistake
I would be checking cortisol, SBHG and DHT to address his concerns of "not feeling great" before any significant increase in dose

BTW... "not feeling great" can be attributed to a hundred different things...lack of sleep..stress..alcohol/drug or medication use..diet..exercise
It doesn't necessarily mean it's TRT related

This is why a good endo is needed...to address the whole picture including a comprehensive medical history/life style questionnaire

Last edited:
He is dosed at 100mg per week..a very normal dose
Free Test is GOOD
Increasing this Total Test without addressing estrogen would be a mistake
I would be checking cortisol, SBHG and DHT to address his concerns of "not feeling well" before any significant increase in dose

I don't disagree, and I guess it does come out to about 100mg per week. I was initially thinking 70mg per week, but it's 70mg per 5 days which does make it around 100 per week.

He should def Italy look into those other values and address bringing estrogen down a bit

Top Bottom