napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

New to board, advice requested

JimBobBubba

TLDR: trying to retain more lean mass on a cut and looking for suggestions

Hey everyone, newbie to the board but have been involved in training off and on for about 25 years. Fascinated by the endocrine system and had some medical training, read a lot about modifiers over the years but never really thought seriously about trying it until recently. I’m open to any and all suggestions but I want to stress that I'm planning on going on the light side of things for my first cycle, although cost is not really a concern my overall long-term health is and I would prefer to mess things up as little as possible!

Stats/Goals: 42 y/o 5’10” 205 lbs about 18% bf (eyeballing it with knowledge from scans, calipers, etc. in the past, hand-held electric thingee says 17.3 and usually shoots a little low). Before training and eating right I was always super skinny (5’11”@165ish). Been banged up pretty good over the years through sports, physical work, car accidents, etc.

Goal is simple really - I’m trying to get down around 8-10%bf range without going all the way down to 175 pounds. I know from bulking and cutting no matter how clean and slow I try my body just doesn’t comply. So I can be 225@22% or 175@8% with a curve that favors fat loss slightly then evens out and then costs more and more lean mass. So right now I am 8 weeks on what was meant to be a slow cut from 225@22% to the [email protected]% so lost about 12.5 fat and 7.5 lean, not the worst ratio ever, but it will get worse. Plus, it is so hard to put on muscle! Losing it is just killing me! My arms are so small when I “shrink”.

My diet is pretty tight, I spend a lot of money on good clean foods. I do 16/8 IF and 40/30/30 carb/pro/fat with most of my carbs post-workout and 2 meals/day. My maintenance is right around 3000 calories. I was doing 2500 for 6 weeks (which should have been a pound a week) but ended up 3 pounds a week(???). Ate 3000 for a week to make sure I wasn’t tripping and added 0.2lb. Cut to 2700 and lost 2lbs in a week. My body is stupid.

Supplements are BCAAs, Whey, Creatine, pre-workouts, fish oil, glucosamine, animal stack. Oh I guess this is a good a spot as any I am on prescribed T4@50mcg due to low thyroid for 5 years now although obviously my metabolism doesn’t suffer. T4 free and TSH Levels are mid-road normal on that dose.

Training has been mostly consistent 5-6 days/week, high intensity but only about 45 minutes. 20-30 minutes low intensity cardio a few days a week.

So….to the crux of this ramble. Recommend cycle to retain as much LBM as possible. If I could end at 185@8% (retain 10 extra lbs) I would be stoked. If I could lose the last 4% of fat without going keto that would be super also. Obviously the more lean mass the better though. Trying to nail this diet with the way my body goes catabolic as soon as I start dropping calories is annoying af and driving me crazy. Thanks in advance!

your body fat right now is definitely too high for steroid use at this time brother... you also do not use steroids to drop 10% body fat.. now sarms would be more than ideal for you to start with and get you in the proper condition to run an anabolic cycle..

if you are not familiar with sarms, start with articles here…
https://www.isarms.com/selective-androgen-receptor-modulators

let me know and im happy to help you set up a sarms stack…

Thanks for the advice, although I didn’t say anything about wanting steroids to lower body fat. I am doing that just fine on diet, I am also losing too much muscle. Are you saying one would not retain more lean mass on a cut using steroids?

I’m not 100% sold on the sarms yet. Saying that, what would be the simplest sarms option to retain muscle during a cut? (1 or maybe 2 substances with minimal need for PCT to retain an extra (above full catabolic cut) 10 lbs of muscle I already have. NOT build muscle while losing fat, NOT losing 10% body fat, I already have the muscle I want, I want to keep it while I cut.

Yes AAS will retain muscle while you cut. The issue is the estrogen conversion from Testosterone at high bf% levels. On TRT it's ok and even hard to control still but on a blast no way. I did a cycle at 15% bf and my estrogen levels were really high and now at 10% I have to be really careful not to crush it. The reason SARMS are a safer option is because they don't aromatize so no high estrogen and you're a lot safer to cut. High estrogen causes water retention and high blood pressure and other nasty sides.

Thanks for the advice, although I didn’t say anything about wanting steroids to lower body fat. I am doing that just fine on diet, I am also losing too much muscle. Are you saying one would not retain more lean mass on a cut using steroids?

I’m not 100% sold on the sarms yet. Saying that, what would be the simplest sarms option to retain muscle during a cut? (1 or maybe 2 substances with minimal need for PCT to retain an extra (above full catabolic cut) 10 lbs of muscle I already have. NOT build muscle while losing fat, NOT losing 10% body fat, I already have the muscle I want, I want to keep it while I cut.

Actually for those goals of reducing bodyfat and retaining lean mass, sarms are perfect. If you want to keep it cost effective and simple, I'd go with the triple stack. If you want to reduce it down to two then go with mk2866 and GW, but S4 really will help tremendously as well and that's my recommendation. Perfect for your goals

1-12 S4 50 mg day... split doses... 25 mg in the a.m. and 25 mg in the p.m.
1-12 GW-510516 (CARDARINE) 20 mg day… dosed all at once 30 minutes before workout…
1-12 mk-2866 25 mg day dosed once a day in the a.m.

9-12 Post CT https://www.dganutrition.com/post-ct

PCT

clomid 50/25/25/25
gw-501516 20 mg day

Sweet deal my bros, thanks for throwing me a layout. Been busy and didn’t get back to check on here for a couple days. I’m not in a super big hurry, tapered my diet back so I wouldn’t lose any more muscle while I’m figuring out what to do and getting some supplies together. Thanks again!

Sweet deal my bros, thanks for throwing me a layout. Been busy and didn’t get back to check on here for a couple days. I’m not in a super big hurry, tapered my diet back so I wouldn’t lose any more muscle while I’m figuring out what to do and getting some supplies together. Thanks again!
anytime brother!

You're welcome brother! Let us know if you have any other questions

Top Bottom