napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

need advice with gaining chest size

DMharto

hi all I am seeking some advice, every body part on me seems to be growing at a fast pace except for my chest. so I have came to the conclusion something in my chest routine needs tweaking. my routine is as follows:
15 mins of stretching
- flat bench pyramid style (gained a ton of strength but no size)
- dumbbell flys 5 sets 10- 12 reps
-flat dumbbell press 4 set 8- 10 reps
- chest press machine 5 sets 8- 10 reps
- pec deck flys 4 sets 12-14 reps and then 1 set to failure

any new exercises or routines or even tweaks to this one will be greatly appreciated.
thanks

Do nothing but dumb bells. And try the hammer strenth machines..focus on muscle isolation movements and contracting your chest . Use higher reps,less weight..switch your routine every several weeks

Make sure your only taking less than a minute between sets..don't be texting, flexing in the mirror,checking out ass ect

Rest pause benching. I promise if you bring the bar all the way down to your chest, pause for a split second, and push the weight up and lock out. When you can get strong with that for 10-12 reps for 2 plates, your pecs aren't going to be small.

bro you do that same routine every chest day?

that's why you arnt growing, your body got used to that same routine, you need to change it up every month or couple of weeks to shock the muscle, not to mention i don't see any upper or lower pec mainly focused exercises

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always do fly's or peck deck first. It's stresses the chest and all of your pressing lifts to tear down more tissue. I can't get my chest to stop growing long enough for my arms to catch up!! Also take two 5lb plates and squeeze them together at chest level and extend your arms straight out and squeeze the chest. I super set these plate squeezes with every pressing exercise.

Sent from my S50c using Tapatalk

bro you do that same routine every chest day?

that's why you arnt growing, your body got used to that same routine, you need to change it up every month or couple of weeks to shock the muscle, not to mention i don't see any upper or lower pec mainly focused exercises

X2............................

Do your routine backwards and throw dips in. You can't let your body get used to the routine so you constantly have to be tweaking. Add in dips, incline fly's, decline press, cable fly's,

hi all I am seeking some advice, every body part on me seems to be growing at a fast pace except for my chest. so I have came to the conclusion something in my chest routine needs tweaking. my routine is as follows:
15 mins of stretching
- flat bench pyramid style (gained a ton of strength but no size)
- dumbbell flys 5 sets 10- 12 reps
-flat dumbbell press 4 set 8- 10 reps
- chest press machine 5 sets 8- 10 reps
- pec deck flys 4 sets 12-14 reps and then 1 set to failure

any new exercises or routines or even tweaks to this one will be greatly appreciated.
thanks

Do a lot more dumbbell work. Flat dumbbell presses, and incline dumbbell presses. Lose the flat bench press and do incline and decline bench press. Bench press really is a shitty exercise for growth. I haven't benched in over a year.

I would also limit the flye exercises. It's another shitty exercise for hypertrophy. Heavy move,nets build size that isolate the muscle group. DBs are superior in this regard. That's why it's a true bodybuilding exercise. If you have access to them, hammer strength machines are great. Weighted dips are great as well.

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

I would hit those hammer strength machines hard. There is nothing like them for isolation. I've gotten the best growth from utilizing these.

Using a bench you can adjust set to set. Modifying just slightly from flat to incline or Incline to flat. Sometimes all you need is a little difference and it makes all the difference in sensation.

I love cable work. I usually start wi bench press as I like powerlifting and getting stronger, then Incline bench, then after my benches are all done I'll do some pec deck/cable workouts. I vary it up though. Sometimes I'll do some hammer strength, sometimes some dumbell presses. I usually always start with bench press but the accessories that follow bench press always change

Alright cool. Sometimes bench can give my shoulders problems so I'll use cables to relieve the stress.

Alright cool. Sometimes bench can give my shoulders problems so I'll use cables to relieve the stress.

Just remember with cables , if you go to heavy , the weight tends to overstrain the shoulders. Concentrate with cables, don't just force the weight,otherwise your shoulders will regret it.

How do you guys feel about cable work for chest size?

Cables can be a decent finisher but mostly I avoid them. You can't use heavy weight and really overload the muscle like you can with pressing movemets, and that's where the magic happens. Ditch the bench press. All that does is fuck up your shoulders when you go heavy. Do more incline work and the incorporate a lot of Dumbbells and pressing machines like hammer strength

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

You need to vary the angle at which you target the muscle... meaning widen and narrow your grip on the bar, do incline press and flies, decline press, seated flies, standing flies, cable crossovers... there's a ton you can and should do

ill do more variation of dumbbell presses and cut out the bench press for a couple months and see what happens there. and maybe eliminate the dumbbell flies all together

Top Bottom